Arms PvP Guide - Info and Tactics (4.3)

Warrior
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
Hey Squirrelnut! Thanks for the gem information. I believe you tank in raids, but do you ever FC or tank in PVP? Again, excellent guide and requested sticky.
I maintain 4 sets of gear at all times:
- Arms PvP
- Arms PvE
- Prot PvE
- Prot PvP

Commonly have most of a Fury set as well but haven't paid attention to it since Arms is doing well this patch.

So to your question, yes I tank and I have been an FC... however I consider RBGs basically more boring then watching grass grow so I don't do it much. I should do it more because of the insanely high point cap you can get but I have never gotten around to it and take my around 2400 point cap each week :(
Can blizzard please sticky this?!?!?

As always, awesome guide Squirrel!
Do you really play without Sudden Death or am I going insane?
12/25/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Hooves
His current spec is tailored against caster teams, which you won't CS on.

Actually to be more specific I am specced to kill healers =P Wouldn't recommend it in most situations other then arena with specific comps.
I appreciate the update on your gear sets, Squirrelnut. I noticed from your armory that you gem, enchant, and trinket strength at the risk of loosing resilience. 3900+ resilience seems a bit low but you must be putting out some high DPS numbers to make up for it. Is this true?

When I gear for strength I drop to about 4200+ resilience. At that low of resilence I die quite fast in RBGs and healers can be hard to come by in BGs, so I end-up gearing for more resilience and my DPS drops significantly.
I appreciate the update on your gear sets, Squirrelnut. I noticed from your armory that you gem, enchant, and trinket strength at the risk of loosing resilience. 3900+ resilience seems a bit low but you must be putting out some high DPS numbers to make up for it. Is this true?

When I gear for strength I drop to about 4200+ resilience. At that low of resilence I die quite fast in RBGs and healers can be hard to come by in BGs, so I end-up gearing for more resilience and my DPS drops significantly.

Actually that was purely due to using both the PvE axe and PvE trinket. The only reason I was doing that is because I hate rbgs and didn't have enough points for T1 weapon yet (getting it today).

Also was giving the PvE trinket a go because I wanted to see if it was OP like the Rogue/Feral variant however the Warrior one is AoE damage, not single target so it really isn't that great. I actually made the switch back to the PvP on-use Str trinket to bring my resil back over 4300+

Tonight I will be getting T1 weap and will have over 4600 resil because Warriors are squishy as heck. Me with 4600+ resil is similar to our rogue with around 4k.
I'm still learning as a warrior. Waiting for my rogue mate to get up and 2s.
This a great guide for me. TY

Squirrelnut, any tips for fighting against Retribution Paladins? They make me nerd rage even more than Blood DK's.
Can guide with the TellMeWhen add on.
i need to track target when the Hamstring need apply.

tyso much
12/27/2011 11:11 AMPosted by Snugles
Squirrelnut, any tips for fighting against Retribution Paladins? They make me nerd rage even more than Blood DK's.

In 3s or 2s? What kind of comp is giving you issues that includes Ret?

Can guide with the TellMeWhen add on.
i need to track target when the Hamstring need apply.

tyso much

I had previously made a thread on that already:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229033568
In 3s or 2s? What kind of comp is giving you issues that includes Ret?

Both? I was looking for a more general answer from a 1 vs 1 perspective, but I usually roll with a rogue for 2s. 3s + is usually something just thrown together randomly but for awhile I've been running disc priest + feral druid.

Not really into honing comp mechanics, but more into holding my own and bashing the other guy.

Any insights?
You are a little out of luck if running Rogue/Warrior in 2s because it basically relies on your Rogue to be amazing and control everything. If you are looking for tips on how you can blow up Ret pallies before dying... let me know if you find something, virtually every melee can out-last a Warrior. Annoying as it is I only play Healer/Warrior in 2s because we simply die too quickly without one.

3s is where I focus because that is the one venue that you can stand a chance for decent rating if you find good players to play with that are willing to go with a Warrior. Main thing I can say is when you see wings, CC the fck out of it and run away till they are gone. You can have a huge advantage and die within a few globals when wings are up.

Throwdown -> Reflect/Disarm -> Fear -> leap away/kite and anything your partner can provide.
vs any decent rogue or frost mage warrior has almost 0% winning chance

it is worse if they are human

bump since updated
Wouldn't gag order spec be great for tsg? Since the DK's desecration will be all over the place. I'm toying with the spec now in 5s and love it!
Gag Order is an option in 3s mainly for:
TSG, Smokebomb cleave & WMP

Basically when you have a DK spreading desecration, a Rogue crippling or a Mage rooting things for you then it can be viable. However, the loss of Piercing Howl and Blood Craze can be very annoying.

It is really just a comp and playstyle question as to whether you should go Gag Order or Normal.