Arms PvP Guide - Info and Tactics (4.3)

Warrior
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
Hi Squirrel, what are your thoughts on how we will be changing our burst sequence in 4.2 now that we can't use DC and Reck together? I'm thinking DC into HS spam while allowing rage to pool towards the end of DC and then pop recklessness and lay off the HS unless a lot of rage? Or will we just use them completely separately? I suppose it probably depends on the situation but wondering what your thoughts are.
As with everything it will likely be very situational however I agree you would likely combine Deadly Calm with HS spam for a burst of damage and then reck as soon as it ends with full rage bar since no stance dancing required. That will allow you plenty of room for good ability use during Reck however HS spam would likely be determined by the window of up-time you expect to maintain during Reck.

The other alternative is to go from DC ability spam -> Reck ability spam -> Bladestorm just as you are running out of rage -> ability spam again since your lolstorm refills your rage bar again. Should be pretty viable when swapping for a kill, they should either be dead by that point or you should consider going back to target swapping until the next kill attempt.

As far as Warriors go I don't see 4.2 is being much of a change other then less stance dancing, slightly more rage awareness and general knowledge of who is the best kill target based on other class changes.
hey squirrel maybe you can figure this out, here is my macro for my cds minus deadly calm...
#showtooltip Recklessness(Berserker Stance)
/cast Blood Fury(Racial)
/cast Recklessness(Berserker Stance)
/use Vicious Gladiator's Badge of Victory

now when i use this, it uses everything but reck...?

nevermind i got it, but on a side note anyone else having problems not being able to cast spell reflect while in combat? in a bg it happened to me more than once.
Tweaked the OP a bit for 4.2 change causing Deadly Calm & Reck to not be useable at the same time as well as the removal of the stance requirement for Reck.

I will likely tweak the various duel suggestions for more 4.2 based information over time once I have had a chance to gear up and fight the various classes with their mechanic adjustments.
06/06/2011 04:18 PMPosted by Squirrelnut
- Listened to Swifty when they shouldn't
Reported for Sticky
Bump and Sticky
/cast Recklessness(beserker stance)

Get rid of (beserker stance)

Stay in battle stance.

Should be fixed.
What is the addon that I see all the time in videos that shows a sort of see-through image (that fades away) of your cooldowns when they become available?

07/01/2011 02:20 AMPosted by Aaskari
/cast Recklessness(beserker stance)

Get rid of (beserker stance)

Stay in battle stance.

Should be fixed.

yeah i figured that out once i looked at it again, however anyone else having problems with their spell reflect this patch? it wont let me spell reflect while in combat and its pretty frustrating~!
Has anyone noticed that the /equipset command for using equipment manager to swap weapons no longer works in combat? Does anyone know if this is a bug or intentional?

EDIT:

06/28/2011 07:38 PMPosted by Moveover
nevermind i got it, but on a side note anyone else having problems not being able to cast spell reflect while in combat? in a bg it happened to me more than once.

I bet it's because of the equipset issue I described :P

I had to change my macros to do the individual /equipslot 16/17 thing instead :(
props for making a huge detailed guide for new warrior players, sticky requested.

But the only part i did not like is the HS vs Slam bit. there is a good argument there.

HS pros
-off the GCD and able to link with MS and OP for some big numbers
-Because of the incite spec u can get a 100% crit chance from a HS giving you a 10-20k crit range
-inner rage makes it possible to spam HS giving it a counter to its nerf
Cons
-30 rage cost
-resets melee swing timer

Slam pros
-Big crits with slaughter stacked
-moving and casting
-can link HS with DC for more burst
-low rage cost
-does not stop melee swing timer
cons
-on the GCD so u may miss a small window for a killing blow
-having to stack slaughter for big crits (having it fall off may ruin your chances for a kill)
-RNG proc even with the glyph this spell has a very low RNG proc on crits
-high latency may cause some warriors to have their slam not hitting targets

Not saying HS is better, its personal prefrence i think
Has anyone noticed that the /equipset command for using equipment manager to swap weapons no longer works in combat? Does anyone know if this is a bug or intentional?

EDIT:

I bet it's because of the equipset issue I described :P

I had to change my macros to do the individual /equipslot 16/17 thing instead :(

yeah but will that be fixed? because i did use the equipslot macro before but i had to press the damn bind 3 times for it to get to reflect while this one just needed to press 2 times (once to equip and again to reflect).
requested for sticky
Amazing thread, just needs a quick update for 4.2 and it would be perfect.

Really helped me get into my warrior for pvp from my DK.

EDIT: oh it has been tweaked a bit for 4.2, my bad.
props for making a huge detailed guide for new warrior players, sticky requested.

But the only part i did not like is the HS vs Slam bit. there is a good argument there.

HS pros
-off the GCD and able to link with MS and OP for some big numbers
-Because of the incite spec u can get a 100% crit chance from a HS giving you a 10-20k crit range
-inner rage makes it possible to spam HS giving it a counter to its nerf
Cons
-30 rage cost
-resets melee swing timer

Slam pros
-Big crits with slaughter stacked
-moving and casting
-can link HS with DC for more burst
-low rage cost
-does not stop melee swing timer
cons
-on the GCD so u may miss a small window for a killing blow
-having to stack slaughter for big crits (having it fall off may ruin your chances for a kill)
-RNG proc even with the glyph this spell has a very low RNG proc on crits
-high latency may cause some warriors to have their slam not hitting targets

Not saying HS is better, its personal prefrence i think

But the argument is, you should be using HS any chance you get anyways, since its off the GCD.

Also, you may get that 100% chance to crit with HS, but you have to crit with it first to get the second crit, and with that talent you have a whooping 10% crit chance with HS (besides any talents that modify HS crit chance).

EDIT:

Is the macro

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]
/stopcasting
/equipslot 16 yourweapon
/equipslot 17 yourshield

supposed to take 2 button presses?
But the argument is, you should be using HS any chance you get anyways, since its off the GCD.

Also, you may get that 100% chance to crit with HS, but you have to crit with it first to get the second crit, and with that talent you have a whooping 10% crit chance with HS (besides any talents that modify HS crit chance).

i never use HS normally because of the 30 rage cost. But again its personal prefrence OOR for a 7k crit? or save rage for slams and OPs

as for the HS crit cost, its not noticable CS has a 6% off melee to reset and i find it resets alot. Same goes for HS as long as your spamming it off the GDC you dont notice how often it actually procs

Edit:
Wait you guys are looking for a spell reflect macro?

#showtooltip Spell Reflection(Battle, Defensive Stance)
/equip [your 1H name here]
/equip [Your shield name here]
/cast Spell Reflection(Battle, Defensive Stance)

one click equips your sword and board and another activates spell reflect.
Remember to have this kind of macro off of the paging Bars (like the 1-= bar for the blizzard UI) so you save rage staying in one stance rather than going into defensive for no reason

i never use HS normally because of the 30 rage cost. But again its personal prefrence OOR for a 7k crit? or save rage for slams and OPs

as for the HS crit cost, its not noticable CS has a 6% off melee to reset and i find it resets alot. Same goes for HS as long as your spamming it off the GDC you dont notice how often it actually procs

Edit:
Wait you guys are looking for a spell reflect macro?

#showtooltip Spell Reflection(Battle, Defensive Stance)
/equip [your 1H name here]
/equip [Your shield name here]
/cast Spell Reflection(Battle, Defensive Stance)

one click equips your sword and board and another activates spell reflect.
Remember to have this kind of macro off of the paging Bars (like the 1-= bar for the blizzard UI) so you save rage staying in one stance rather than going into defensive for no reason

No we weren't lookg, the one i linked is in the original post, i just wasn't sure if it was supposed to be 2 presses or one, thanks for clearing it up.
F Mage:
[ul]Straight up hard-counter to Warriors. If you play it PERFECTLY they can mess up a couple times and still win. However, 95% of mages are absolutely terrible

Lol'd :P
07/01/2011 03:12 AMPosted by Evilash
What is the addon that I see all the time in videos that shows a sort of see-through image (that fades away) of your cooldowns when they become available?

Likely "OmniCC" it fades out your ability and puts a timer on it to count down until it becomes available again.

I had noticed that, updated the Macro section to remove any /equipset references for the time being since 4.2 equipset doesn't work in combat; returned to /equipslot in macros instead since that still works in combat.

Is the macro

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]
/stopcasting
/equipslot 16 yourweapon
/equipslot 17 yourshield

supposed to take 2 button presses?

Yes

Can you give some tips on stances? Should I be in Battle Stance the whole time?

~Sorry if you wrote this in your guide, posted via mobile.

Since 4.2 you will basically sit in Battle Stance 99% of the time. The only times you switch are to use certain abilities (disarm, intervene) or to mitigate/maximize damage (if you are getting bursted go sword/board defensive stance or if you are being ignored and pop reck you may still go Berserk with Recklessness for the 5% more damage eventhough the stance requirement for Reck has been removed.)