AVR returning in 4.1

UI and Macro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pjbz2_stJg

How long before it gets banned again?
Old news.
Bashi said this in the other forums:

"If we find that the AVR mod (or any mod attempting to replicate its functions) are usable after 3.3.5 we will take further, more drastic steps."

I would like to see what the drastic steps are... the first step will probably be deleting this thread...

Wait a minute... how real is this video even?
06/07/2011 10:09 PMPosted by Dandruff
Wait a minute... how real is this video even?

Very. Check the channel for proof.
06/07/2011 10:16 PMPosted by Konungr
Very. Check the channel for proof.

Sorry, I guess I don't know what I'm looking for. What I mean is, this could be a private server with a modded client (if thats even possible).

I still want to see Bashi's hammer fall... its been a awhile since an addon has been banned... twice :D
Sorry, I guess I don't know what I'm looking for. What I mean is, this could be a private server with a modded client (if thats even possible).

Yeah, the same thing was brought up, so he posted a video of him using AVR to write out Busy Private Server in the middle of Stormwind with a crap-load of people running around.
06/07/2011 10:38 PMPosted by Konungr

Yeah, the same thing was brought up, so he posted a video of him using AVR to write out Busy Private Server in the middle of Stormwind with a crap-load of people running around.
A private server can have a "crap-load of people" running around just as easily as faking the posted video would be. This is why screenshots and video are not useable as "proof" of foul play.

Disclaimer: I'm not taking any sides, the videos could be real, but it doesn't really matter. And if it does work on the live client, then Blizzard will take appropriate action which is not limited to breaking said addon.

<<Your face got palmed.>>
www.wowpedia.org/User:Egingell
wow.curse.com/members/egingell.aspx
I miss AVR... Not AVR E... just AVR. FoK range circles were awesome. along with some other range circles.
06/08/2011 12:13 AMPosted by Sintacks
I miss AVR... Not AVR E... just AVR. FoK range circles were awesome. along with some other range circles.

I agree, I loved the planning ability that you could do with AVR (Like setting up zones for people to run to and the like. AVR-E should of never happened. I mean AVR was basically the same as the other minimap drawing addons for raid planning. One of my fav uses for it was during the Sindragosa encounter in setting up where each ice bomb target should go instead of spamming a raid warning macro each time. It wasn't automatic like AVRE was.
I can't see AVR anywhere...

How are they getting the camera angles anyway?
What I've heard so far is that it works by partnering with an executable that scans the WoW memory space and modifies the Lua state that hosts the UI to set global variables.

If that is indeed the case, than it is utterly, unequivocally and flagrantly against the Terms of Use.
What I've heard so far is that it works by partnering with an executable that scans the WoW memory space and modifies the Lua state that hosts the UI to set global variables.

If that is indeed the case, than it is utterly, unequivocally and flagrantly against the Terms of Use.

Wow... that would be the dumbest thing ever! If this is true... I have no words for the stupidity and complete waste of time this thread is...

Announcing AVR will be working for 4.2, but leaving out that it isn't an addon anymore...

Can someone confirm so that we can delete this thread? :P
06/10/2011 11:16 AMPosted by Dandruff
Can someone confirm so that we can delete this thread? :P
Or just delete this thread... :)

<<It doesn't work the way I want it to, so it must be bugged.>>
www.wowpedia.org/User:Egingell
wow.curse.com/members/egingell.aspx

I could see the developer quietly using that on his own and maybe sharing with some friends, but announcing it in public is just asking for warden to pick it up and account ban everyone using it. Strange.
warden is going to detect it if it modifies game memory, and it will result in a perminent ban, so it'll solve itself.