Will they reset Justice&Honor points in 4.2?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Can we please have ample warning before you release 4.2? So that we can spend our VP.
06/06/2011 05:10 PMPosted by Pinkunicorn
Sweet, so glad to finally know I'm boned for having 15k conquest points to do nothing with.

Not so bad if you're an enchanter.
06/06/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Bashiok
So... you're going to get JP over the 4k cap?

No.

So you are going to give us something worthwhile to spend our valor on before 4.2?
I'm still waiting for a clearer answer on what will happen. I play 1 spec (tanking in a 10-man generally means there's not a lot of other people to do my job), and nothing from valor points is an upgrade at this point, so I'm rocking about 8k in valor points, and about 3k in justice points.

I'm hoping to find out soon if I should just blow through all these points to buy random herb bags, or if I'll get a decent gold payout. In other words, based on current server economies, I want to make the best economic choice. I don't care if I can hoard my points or not.
No, Justice isn't removed. You'd want to spend Valor before 4.2 hits if you're going to convert over the 4k cap.

We have a blog post planned that goes into it a bit more we'll be posting this week.

Please also include an in-depth explanation of the Conquest point weekly cap. There have been numerous threads about this issue and only a single blue post to half explain what is going to happen. Examples would be good so that we know. Thanks for the coming clarification.
I am dissapointed in the fact you still have to run old raids to get the remaining teir peices. I really dont see the convert down to JP to benefit anyone other then new 85s i guess, Everyone by now should already have all the valor gear, moving it down to JP and keeping the Helm and Shoulders locked in with teir tokens really makes no sense to me. I honestly hate the whole Teir Token setup especially when you are forced to nearly clear both raids before the tokens even drop which makes no sense to me I always got the impression teir gear was for raiding not after the fact. I liked it better back in ICC on tier 8 and 10, had a starting raid set you got with Frost badges you gained from downing raid bosses dailys etc and it was upgraded to a better set as you progressed farther into the raid. The new pvp sets work similar to that setup. I just think its silly blizzard had to add a new set of heroics to compensate for the lack of items that didn't drop, bracers, helm, shoulders etc, when really they could of changed the teir system around a little to offer a full set to be ready to take on raids a little better and just offered a higher teir of heroics to allow more Valor point gains and of course other chances of epic loots etc. I am sure the Hardcores disagree with me, but thats my opinion ^^
no t he current teir 11 helm and shoulders are still locked, at leased from the most recent PTR its still locked requiring teir tokens. My post before you explains my issues with it.
06/07/2011 02:54 AMPosted by Quark
Urgh, I hate it when Blizzard are inconsistent.

How are they being inconstant?

Blizz doesn't care alot about PVPers from what I can tell, we are apparently just a thorn in their side.

Now go run a dungeon/raid and like it!

^^ yes do this. Please. Ignore your pvp tendencies so the PVE game can be fun again.

Shut up.
Looks like the only points available will be honor and justice. Right now you can trade honor for justice so I'm doing that and loading up on Justice so they can be traded back for Honor when 4.2 comes out

Can anyone conform this will be possible?
As long as they don't invent new 'points' (I.E Frost badges/conquest badges.. yadayada) to collect.. I've no complaints. I don't know about the rest of you but all those numbers was kind of a pain.
Sweet, so glad to finally know I'm boned for having 15k conquest points to do nothing with.

Play more casually. I'm lucky to have like 100 each.

Livin' Breezy, baby.

that's what you get for doing alot of arena.
06/07/2011 04:22 AMPosted by Maximusrex

No.

So you are going to give us something worthwhile to spend our valor on before 4.2?

Spend it on valor and sell them cheap into gold? buy conquest points with them? I'm not sure eather, I have to figure it out since I get 1500 a week on my main between raids.
06/07/2011 09:49 AMPosted by Talis
As long as they don't invent new 'points' (I.E Frost badges/conquest badges.. yadayada) to collect.. I've no complaints. I don't know about the rest of you but all those numbers was kind of a pain.

Thats exactly why VP are being converted to JP. They weren't happy that with each tier came a new set of badges, and that it caused confusion and hassle that if you wanted to buy an older tier piece or item you would sometimes need to trade embems down multiple levels before you could purchase them.

The JP/VP system is meant o replace that. Now with each new tier, vp will be reset and be used to purchase the current tier and JP will be used for purchasing all previous tiers.

I agree, it was a pain in the last expansion. Too many redundant emblems.

If the t-11 boots are disenchantable, they will become the better way to get maels compared to the purchasable maels as well.
No, Justice isn't removed. You'd want to spend Valor before 4.2 hits if you're going to convert over the 4k cap.

We have a blog post planned that goes into it a bit more we'll be posting this week.

About dang time someone cleared this up. People on my server have been claiming the excess VP would put you over the cap and you simply wouldn't gain any more JP until you spend to below the 4k cap. Completely wrong.