Alterac Valley - WoW Magazine

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
Nice to see blizzard hard at work.
Kite Korrak the Bloodrager into the enemy's base. Wait, what year is this?
Pay blizzard 25 USD for faction transfer from horde to allaince. That is the only way to win AV for horde.

For alliance, just keep on doing what you have been doing for 4.5 years. Zerg Drek.

Until vanilla AV is brought back with all the lieuts and generals, the map will be zerg. And a zerg strat favors allaince.

Alliance - Zerg Base and win (6 min)

Horde - Defend Galv recap, force a turtle and reinforcement win (35 min)

Fix the BG blizz

/thread

PvPing to win a battleground sounds reasonable to me. If that was the only way for Alliance to win, I would pressure my team into it as well.
Pay blizzard 25 USD for faction transfer from horde to allaince. That is the only way to win AV for horde.

For alliance, just keep on doing what you have been doing for 4.5 years. Zerg Drek.

Until vanilla AV is brought back with all the lieuts and generals, the map will be zerg. And a zerg strat favors allaince.

Fix the BG blizz

/thread

You've won 48% of the AV's you've played in.

The guy you quote has won closer to 60%.

so...

why you mad?
This is gonna open a biiig can of worms...
faction transfer to alliance, zerg

Fix the BG blizz

/thread

PvPing to win a battleground sounds reasonable to me. If that was the only way for Alliance to win, I would pressure my team into it as well.
i love turtles, but horde generally prefer a fast loss to a slow win. rewards for a good long AV need to be better to stop horde from giving up and letting allies zerg

but blizz hasn't fixed AV in years, and they won't now either
-Horde side 4 steps to victory-
#1: Defend - set up a bottle neck at galv, defend him and slow the alliance. This weakens them as a collective strength, the aftermath will force the alliance to funnel back in one at a time.

#2: Recap - send squads of heroes into tower point and stonehearth to reclaim them several times during the battle. With the might of two towers drek will resist most assaults.

#3: Push - progress slowly, a taken tower should be fortified with greater numbers and exceeding patients, adopt the phrase "you take, you guard and move on."

#4: Coup de grâce - once your graveyards are secure and towers taken, a final sprint to finish off Van for a quick and decisive victory. you rush In cause some cases the allys are just seconds away from taking the win, it's best to make every effort for them to be just seconds behind.

Side note: be mindful of your surroundings use your map frequently and decide where your needed most, think of a chess board and you as a piece.
communicate often to help direct pieces around the map.
Blizzard, you HAVE to be kidding. Way to spit in our faces. How about you fix the battleground instead of laughing at us by doing a feature on this current version of stupidity:
06/02/2011 08:29 PMPosted by Gatchaman
Can you blame the responses? I sure can't. I have no sympathy with Bliz on this one, they gutted what used to be an epic bg and are asking THIS? I can't laugh hard enough.

Oh I agree..my point being that this thread is going to dissolve very quickly.

TBH my time spent in AV isn't time spent winning really, I collect all the mats from kills and turn them in in an attempt to get Ivus before the 5 minutes its up, because honestly that's the only enjoyment I get from AV these days...I like to actually kill stuff/defend and use strategy to win.
When I am Alliance, I exploit the poorly designed terrain outside the Frostwolf Relief Hut along with the 39 other players on my team to make the fences meaningless by jumping over them with my mount.

I've gotten away with it for years upon years and I can rest easy knowing that there's just one narrow way into the Alliance base and most horde will die from the hail of arrows while I sail to an easy win.

Thanks for moving the horde cave back several yards, by the way. You made it more certain that my alliance alt will get honor fast from all those wins.
When I am Alliance, I exploit the poorly designed terrain outside the Frostwolf Relief Hut along with the 39 other players on my team to make the fences meaningless by jumping over them with my mount.

I've gotten away with it for years upon years and I can rest easy knowing that there's just one narrow way into the Alliance base and most horde will die from the hail of arrows while I sail to an easy win.

Thanks for moving the horde cave back several yards, by the way. You made it more certain that my alliance alt will get honor fast from all those wins.

What he said.
Multi-box seems to be the "tip and trick" of many.

If you can't afford that, just rush to the other side and kill the boss.
Then... start all over in another queue.

Side note: I don't pvp anymore. However, if you love being feared, baned, frozen, chained, trapped, rooted, stunned, slowed, drained, polymorphed and the ever popular dk gripped, then pvp is for you!
For Horde side, the only reliable way to win is to defend galv, and make sure to cap stonehearth graveyard before any alliance rez waves spawn at that gy.

once you have the bulk of the alliance pushed back, recap your own towers, cap icewing and stonehearth bunkers and defend them at icewing bunker preventing any of the opposition from getting through.

once those 2 bunkers are capped, push them back to their base and win a battle of attrition.

sadly, the zerg method that works so consistently for the alliance is not effective for horde.
I haven't done AV in a while but I remember the rule for horde being leave SFGY alone if you want a fast win

let's not forget the towers, several alliance can sit in a space the size of closet thereby becoming nearly impossible to dislodge, you can't even use stealth to get them

Please Blizzard, return the horde cave to where it was and put the generals/lieutenants/etc back; Alterac Valley used to be my favorite battleground, now it's a zerg rush
Edit: Re-working.

Mechanics need to be put in place to make "zerging the leader" a worthless strategy. Putting back the dozens of NPC's would help in that regard.