GM Changing Guild Name

Customer Support
So log on and some of my guildies recieve a whisper from a GM before we can even open it and talk to him we all get d/c'd log on and and the guild name is changed. We dont get the opportunity to change the name ourselves? seems pretty lame.
If the name was reported as inappropriate and the GMs agree, then that's what happens. Your GM now needs to submit a ticket with five names in order of preference and you'll be given the first one available that doesn't also break the rules.
I mean i just dont see how this guild

[Removed]

And yet a guild name <Séxy Timé All Thé Timé> breaks the rules lol?
06/05/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Onechance
So log on and some of my guildies recieve a whisper from a GM before we can even open it and talk to him we all get d/c'd log on and and the guild name is changed. We dont get the opportunity to change the name ourselves? seems pretty lame.

What is pretty lame is the Guild's name had to be reported. There was nothing to discus the name was in violation of the rules.

The guild leader should open a support ticket and suggest 5 names.

You guys don't get to choose the name since you have proven ( at least the guild leader has ) unable to select a name within the rules.
It has to be reported to be investigated. Blizzard does not actively search out naming violations.
I mean i just dont see how this guild

<snip>

And yet a guild name <Séxy Timé All Thé Timé> breaks the rules lol?

The names are changed as they are reported. The GM's don't indiscriminately change guild names, and they don't justify the reason for the change against names that may or may not be worse. If it breaks the rules it breaks the rules and if it gets reported it will be changed.
Ah i aint even sweatin over the name change but the fact that we didn't have a choice to change it to a name we liked was just dumb, but thanks for all the help guy's as long as we can submit some names.
But you do get to change it to something you like. You just have to submit a ticket with the names.

/confused
06/05/2011 02:16 PMPosted by Adizerox
Ah i aint even sweatin over the name change but the fact that we didn't have a choice to change it to a name we liked was just dumb, but thanks for all the help guy's as long as we can submit some names.

They are giving you that option by allowing you to submit the list. The name had to be changed to a default name so the GM could close the ticket and move on without pressuring your guild to come up with a name on the spot.
But you do get to change it to something you like. You just have to submit a ticket with the names.

/confused

Yah i just have like no patience on waiting for stuff =P

You have an open ticket.
Approximate time remaining : 12 hours

puts me to sleep ^_^

If a guild name is reported and is found to be in violation of our policies, Adizerox, the primary goal is to remove it immediately. We change it temporary to the name of the guild leader while a name decided on.

While we could contact the guild leader, if they are online, and give them 2 minutes to come up with a new one, that would be a bit unfair. Wouldn't it? Hence, the temporary name.

06/05/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Adizerox
Yah i just have like no patience on waiting for stuff =P

Keep in mind that the only person who may submit the new names for consideration would be the Guild Leader. Good luck.

Except, one the name was determined to be in violation the primary concern was to change the name, you still get a part in the selection process once the guild leader submits his list of choices.

I would advise him to make the list not contain anything questionable.
Hi I was Hoping that I could get made guild leader and the guild name changed as I am now the only person left in the guild is that possible?
If you have a question it is best to start your own topic as necroing and old thread from 2011 that has nothing to do with what you want doesn't really help anyone.

The GL option is automatic, if the guild leader is logged out for over 90 days and you have the rank you can take the guild then and then pay for a guild name change. If you do not have the rank after that time then you cannot take the guild.