Resto Druid Spell Setup for HealBot

Druid
Wanted to tank on my druid this expansion, but I am a chicken%*%% coward. Ended up healing on my shaman for my guild again before taking a short break. Since they replaced me with another shaman, I thought I would give healing on my druid a try for when we were short healers since I was enjoying the Rejuv + WG style from ICC.

However, I am having trouble grasping the layout of all the spells and would appreciate any advice others might have as I am barely making it in the regular dungeons I have been practicing on. My setup on my shaman is:

Default -- Healing Wave | Greater Healing Wave | Chain Heal
CTRL Key -- Riptide | Earth Shield | Cleanse
SHIFT Key -- Healing Surge (rarely used) | Nothing | Nothing

So for my resto druid, I tried to follow something similar to try to preserve my existing "muscle memory", but I am not sure the spells are quite right...

Default -- Rejuvenation | Healing Touch | Wild Growth
CTRL Key -- Nourish | LifeBloom | Remove Corruption
SHIFT Key -- Swiftmend | Rebirth | Regrowth

Thank-you for any help you can provide.

In my view Vuhdo is far greater than healbot for druid healing.

I have all my heal spells bound a button on the mouse which works great for me
05/27/2011 10:17 AMPosted by Varietypack
In my view Vuhdo is far greater than healbot for druid healing.

HealBot has the exact same functionality, as does Grid.

05/27/2011 10:17 AMPosted by Varietypack
I have all my heal spells bound a button on the mouse which works great for me

Which you can do with HealBot.
IMO, all the addons have equal functionality. Onto your actual question. Nourish is equivalent to healing wave. so that might feel more natural to you. Also duration and whatnot of rejuv is the same as riptide, again might feel more natural to you.
05/27/2011 10:38 AMPosted by Serath
IMO, all the addons have equal functionality. Onto your actual question. Nourish is equivalent to healing wave. so that might feel more natural to you. Also duration and whatnot of rejuv is the same as riptide, again might feel more natural to you.

Thats what I thought originally myself. But it was difficult running around spamming rejuv where riptide has a 6 second cooldown. I also didn't think I should be spamming nourish as much unless there was a HoT on the character for the 20% increase in healing.

I think part of my problem is the extra spells. I know I want to keep LB on the tank, but it keeps falling off (requires more effort than earthshield, not that I ever liked the spell). And I believe I need to keep regrowth on my bars for emergencies. I think if SM didn't have the HoT requirement, I would just macro it with Rejuv to save a button and use it on CD.

Oh, to the other posters...I did look at Vuhdo once after Cataclysm when I was having issue with Healbot. While it had potential, I think I am just hooked on healbot.
05/27/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Kurzaa
I know I want to keep LB on the tank, but it keeps falling off (requires more effort than earthshield, not that I ever liked the spell).

Make sure on your UI that you have its timer (or a countdown icon) prominently displayed either on your target or somewhere that's easy to notice. That will help remind you when to put it back up. Also, don't forget that due to Empowered Touch that you can refresh the timer with a direct heal as well as just recasting it.

While it had potential, I think I am just hooked on healbot.

That's fine. I used Grid through most of Classic and all through BC. I tried out HealBot in BC but I just didn't like it for some reason.

When Grid broke for a little bit during Wrath I went with VuhDo and haven't looked back. I'm just more comfortable with it, and I like that it requires a lot less effort to set up than Grid (and you don't have to download sixteen different add-on's to set up properly :P ).
Thats what I thought originally myself. But it was difficult running around spamming rejuv where riptide has a 6 second cooldown. I also didn't think I should be spamming nourish as much unless there was a HoT on the character for the 20% increase in healing.

Don't forget that for our current mastery you also need a hot on the target. In general you'll avoid casting direct heals on non hot'ed targets. It's just something you get used to doing.

I think part of my problem is the extra spells. I know I want to keep LB on the tank, but it keeps falling off (requires more effort than earthshield, not that I ever liked the spell). And I believe I need to keep regrowth on my bars for emergencies. I think if SM didn't have the HoT requirement, I would just macro it with Rejuv to save a button and use it on CD.

Timer tracking addons will help with LB, but honestly you just have to get used to it. SM is amazing and with efflo accounts for a big chunk of heals. One thing to keep in mind, particularly with LB and Regrowth is that they are completely different when you have tree of life up. OOC procs are a big deal for druid mana so you want HT and regrowth both easy to use for those procs.

Yep, definitely going to need to keep practicing, but I think I will try making noursh a left click and rejuv a CTRL + left click again. You are right in that it should be more natural, and I am used to casting Riptide + HW + HW.

Do you know if I can expect any issues with LG and Regrowth in ToL? I know Ravage becomes Ravage! which has caused me problems in the past. I do have the stack counter and timer in healbot on for displaying LB, might increase the size though.

Also, someone mentioned using a dead option in their ressurection macros. The point was casting revive out of combat and rebirth in combat, but I think I can rewrite my HT macro to save a button on Healbot that was dedicated to rebirth.
Take out Regrowth from your rotation, you will end up using it wrong if you dont have experience with druid healing
I would put lifebloom where riptide is. swiftmend in earth shield. Nourish on shift key.
That Is more close to what you are used to.
My setup is:

normal = Rejuv / swiftmend / wild growth
shift = Regrowth / Lifebloom / nourish
ctrl = remove corruption / thorns / healing touch
alt = select target / Innervate / barkskin

Seems to work good so far. If your starting new I would swap out HT with Regrowth since you will use HT more. I am just used to this setup since LK.
Normal = Regrowth (left click) | Rejuvination (Middle) | Healing Touch (right) | Lifebloom (Mouse 4) | Swiftmend (Mouse 5)
Shift = Nourish(I hardly use) | Wildgrowth (middle)
Ctrl = Remove corruption

I'm going to move innervate, and tranquility on there somewhere too.

I like using Healbot, and the built in healbot timers aren't too bad, but I would like to have an addon so I can see my HoT times and my Clearcasting proc times close together, but I haven't found something light enough that matches my tastes.

Here's a tip though, abuse the hell out of swiftmend + Effo, I use it almost like I would PWS.
If I know the tank is about to take a ton of damage, Rejuv + Lifebloom + Effo = crazy healing on it's own and for next to no mana. Just know in a fight when the AoE is coming or if a single target is about to get a big chunk of health knocked off, because that's what swiftmend is great for, not to mention the additional healing effo adds.