4.2 - In Cometh the Nerfs

Moon Guard
05/31/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Reanai
People are slowly beginning to realize that 10-man are boring as sin compared to 25-man, and I approve.

They're dwindling, Rea. Not growing. There is a total of six 25-man guilds in comparison to over eighty active ten-man guilds, many of which just spring up overnight.

I actually kind of like seeing so many active raiding guilds 10 or 25. It's nice. Really nice. Makes us seem active as a server for progression raiding, and we are. It's phenomenal how much raiding is going on in comparison to the limited number of 25-mans that were out there during WotLK.
05/31/2011 01:52 PMPosted by Aestiah
People are slowly beginning to realize that 10-man are boring as sin compared to 25-man, and I approve.

They're dwindling, Rea. Not growing. There is a total of six 25-man guilds in comparison to over eighty active ten-man guilds, many which spring up overnight.

That's because it's significantly more challenging to organize, run, and maintain a 25man roster than 10. It's easy to grab 10 semi-skilled players and form a raid team.

And no, I am not talking about encounter difficulty, before any of those comments come in. Strictly from a guild management POV.
05/31/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Reanai

25 mans are boring.

They're just easier to get guilded for as a DPS warrior.
Precisely. And when there is less of a hassle involved in terms to maintenance, that's more attractive to a player. Less stress, more fun, more time raiding, less time recruiting, etc. All of this gives 10-man an edge over 25-mans, and that's fine!

Each have their own rewards and I'm ... kind-of, sort-of starting to like the fact that they're separated. Besides, as a working woman, I like the option to know I have a wide range of options to choose from in terms of raiding.

.. but we're so getting off topic. What were we talking about again? Candycanes?
Mushroom chairs!

And
25 mans are boring.

I think it's more that so many people are bored of the game itself. Or maybe burnt out. Not sure which word to use there. Though whichever one I chose, someone would come in and argue about how it was wrong. ; )
lol mcsars. get out.
05/31/2011 02:01 PMPosted by Alisyn
I think it's more that so many people are bored of the game itself. Or maybe burnt out. Not sure which word to use there. Though whichever one I chose, someone would come in and argue about how it was wrong. ; )

In a 10 man, only 10 people have the potential to mess up horribly vs. 25 people messing up horribly.

I can't talk about people playing stupid because when I'm not running things I uh, play stupid. As in 'Heroic leap atramedes before the tank even gets there' stupid, but it is an easy fight and farm content.

Me and my friends used to run a 10m guild. To quote one of them: 'I don't have the time to micromanage nine mouthbreathers while I'm trying to work and finish a degree. If I have to get on every night and put up with twenty-four other people's bull#!**, I might kill someone.'

I raid 25ms now, but honestly, I'd be cool with just 10ms. But I like where I am right now, so I don't particularly mind the 25ms.
05/31/2011 01:03 PMPosted by Merik
deal with it

emptyquoting this time a million
05/31/2011 02:10 PMPosted by Spinecracker
Me and my friends used to run a 10m guild. To quote one of them: 'I don't have the time to micromanage nine mouthbreathers while I'm trying to work and finish a degree. If I have to get on every night and put up with twenty-four other people's bull#!**, I might kill someone.'

Quite emo, and a little over the top. :p
05/31/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Aimeri

Considering our raid leader recently finished his Doctorate and manages a 25man raiding group, I'm inclined to agree.

He's double-majoring for some crazy bull%@!* degree that has him at school for a ridiculous amount of time. He's also used to just PLAYIN HARD.

We were in a guild together back in vanilla that made it through a decent chunk of Naxx40 before falling apart on the cusp of BC, so yeah. He's also angry and polish.

Most of it comes from having to deal with thin-skinned and incompetent people.
Absolutely Spinecracker. Thin-skinned and incompetent people will (hopefully) not last long anyway though. Remove and replace. :D
Was hard to do back in the day, partly because we had a low-pop server.

I think the worst guild I was on was WRA, because the entire thing fell apart because of a husband-wife team who got REALLY UPSET when I sat the husband because we had, for some reason, 5 hunters in the raid without him.

Makes me want to put my head through a table when I run into that.
That's exactly why we rarely recruit a "couple-package", be it husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, whatever. The potential for drama is not worth it. We learned that the hard way too.
Yep.

Only time I put up with 'couple packages' now is with the people I play Warhammer with.
05/31/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Spinecracker
Makes me want to put my head through a table when I run into that.

Agreed. My little brother's 10 man group fell apart cause 5 members who were family/dating got into an argument for the same reason.
uh so can i finally buy the head and shoulder 359 slots because i dont care about raiding but i kind of like set bonuses
05/31/2011 03:40 PMPosted by Prian
uh so can i finally buy the head and shoulder 359 slots because i dont care about raiding but i kind of like set bonuses

Think the head/shoulder tokens are still Nef/Cho'gal only.