Your Real Life Pets

Movies, TV and Entertainment
I'm including this as the 'entertainment' portion of this forum- What pets do you own?

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he's awesome, I've had him since I was 10 and he's been a great friend to me. More recently I've gotten a crested gecko, which has been a really interesting pet, and just today I bought a flame paddletail newt, which I'm very excited about.

Share, include stories if you want.
i have two rottweilers and a texas blue lacey. my two rotties are big teddy bears. my blue lacey is high strung. he gets separation anxiety if left alone too long. so much so that he's eaten wallpaper off the walls in some spots around the house ><
06/02/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Ihascandy
eaten wallpaper

Hah! Cute.

I'd actually never heard of a texas blue lacy, learning stuff even within the first post!
Hah! Cute.

I'd actually never heard of a texas blue lacy, learning stuff even within the first post!

=) they aren't an AKC recognized breed. they are, however, the state dog of texas.
I'm including this as the 'entertainment' portion of this forum- What pets do you own?

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he's awesome, I've had him since I was 10 and he's been a great friend to me. More recently I've gotten a crested gecko, which has been a really interesting pet, and just today I bought a flame paddletail newt, which I'm very excited about.

Share, include stories if you want.

We had an American Cocker Spaniel growing up, he was the absolute meanest dog I've ever met in my life. He would actively seek out me and my sister in the house (at random) to harass/bite us, seemingly just for entertainment.

I only have one pet currently, a Jack Russell Terrier that I've had for eight years now. He is the nicest, smartest and most loyal dog you can imagine. Best dog ever! :P
Bear, a belgian malinois puppeh
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Panda1215/Bear/Bearsleep1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Panda1215/Bear/bearsleep2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Panda1215/Bear/dominance.jpg

Sabrina - fat queen of the house
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Panda1215/Random%20Stuff/bananacat.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Panda1215/Random%20Stuff/ohgodcat.jpg

Frank Zappa - the other household menace
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Panda1215/Zappa/zappa0606200904190.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Panda1215/Zappa/2010-01-25135015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Panda1215/Zappa/zappa0101200902541.jpg

Captain Morgan Freeman, yellow lab puppeh whom I have no pictures of. Puppy's a puppy though.
06/03/2011 10:24 AMPosted by Jarien
actively seek out me and my sister

HAH!

06/03/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Chiaki

All very cute!
06/02/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Ihascandy
my two rotties are big teddy bears

Haha that's so funny. My old roomies had two Rotties, and the only danger to them was the circulation in your legs disappearing when they insisted on cuddling.

I myself have a mini-doxxie, 7lbs soaking wet, named Sauron (appropriate, no?). He also insists on cuddles during game-time :D
So the weird guy with 2 cats here.
One was born in my bedroom (her mom got knocked up by a stray), the other is from the SPCA. Names are Tak and Dave.
I have cats, of the "you SoB Bastard cat!!" variety.
I have four cats. Four.

- Tucker, my white siamese mix who is cross-eyed and thinks he's a dog.

- Baxter, the old man, who really doesn't give a damn anymore.

- Franky, the big queen of the household who believes everything revolves around her.

- Berry, the newest addition who is scared of everything but me.

They're an interesting bunch, though I do got to scold Franky for going after Berry. Oh, and I should probably mention the other cat, who's not technically mine. He's a stray we call Simon and he's a bit of a hobo. He hangs around outside our house and we feed him and pet him. Also, during the Winter, he'll crash inside of the house. But once it starts warming up, he goes back outside and has ADVENTURES.

We'd like to actually make him our cat, but he's pretty stubborn. He wants to be his own master and that's that. But he knows if he ever needs a place to stay or something to eat, he comes to us.
Oh, and since you said to add stories, I'll tell one about my mother's friend's Pit Bull. He was a big hulking orange mass named Buddha, and he was the sweetest, most lovable dog I've known for quite some time. There was just one problem with Buddha, though.

He had no concept whatsoever of his size.

I'm like eight at the time, watching TV as my mom and her friend talked in another room. In comes Buddha, he sees me, and he VAULTS onto the couch and into my lap. And remember: I'M EIGHT.

I'm sitting there, yelling into Buddha to get off of me, and he's just there wagging his big tail into my face and lolling his tongue, like the big palooka he was.

When he wasn't smothering me while I was trying to watch Scooby Doo, we'd also play Tag. Naturally, he was It. Oh, he'd give me about a 10 second head start, but then that dog would just SPRINT after me and TACKLE MY ASS TO THE GROUND. And then, to celebrate his victory, he'd lick me to death.

I miss that silly dog.
Collectively there are 4 pets, but 2 live at the house, and 2 live with other family members.

- Scurge.... Very affectionate black cat with a pension for buggery. His full name is Scurgess Meredith. Fluffy, and a bit squirrely.

- Oni... Brown and white boxer. So cute you could just kill her.

- Skippy... Grey cat who is disgruntled, old and infirm. He peddles himself forward with his two front legs because the back two are out-of-service.

- Dexter... Annoying but sweet Labrador mix who thinks he's half the size he is. He also likes to steal food. The bastard.

We're all one big dysfunctional family.
My two babies:

Ai - mutt, serious underbite, Tibetan spaniel/pekingese

Sora - goofball, Daschund, beagle, spaniel
Five Dogs here (all purebred Shetland Sheepdogs)

Luna - Certifiably insane, I'll often find her outside in the rain staring at the sky barking.

Harry - Biggest Sheltie you'll ever find, my big teddy bear.

Cedric - Part goat, will eat anything that he can find, particularly has an interest in underwear.

Bellatrix - Extremely passive, but secretly as evil as they come.

Ollivander - Scared of his own shadow but extremely loyal, he follows me around all the time.

Plus one if anyone can tell me what all these names have in common.
I have 3 American Pitbull Terriers. I have to keep one seperated from the others as she is extremely dog-aggressive. I rescued her when moving into my new house, I found the poor dog tied to a tree with maybe 2 feet of slack and so underweight her ribs and spine were clearly seen. Ever since rescuing her, she's put on over 25 pounds and is a crazy athletic dog...she loves to climb trees.

My other two live together and do tend to be aggressive towards other animals as well. Numerous cats, possoms, iguanas, and even a couple rats have all met their gruesome end in my backyard.

Pitbulls, by nature, are amongst the friendliest breeds towards humans, in spite of what the myths that the media constantly likes to promulgate. However, being Terriers and having a lineage of being fighting dogs, they are best being alone or paired with another dog of the opposite sex.
A few years back, the Irish Setter I had for 18 years died. I haven't been able to bring myself to get another one since.
When I was young we had a Weimaraner named Blue, but my Dad got a job out of town and a dog plus two children under the age of 5 was too much for my Mum. She gave him to someone who lived about a 4hr drive away. A week later he showed up on our doorstep.
Now I have 3 cats, Gremlin (who's permanently in a huff), Loki (who only has 3 legs), and Cassie (a Bombay, very noisy)

06/05/2011 11:39 PMPosted by Norfolk
Plus one if anyone can tell me what all these names have in common.

I noticed that all your dogs are named after Harry Potter characters before I read this part.
Penny -- A Tabby cat
Ozzie -- A Main Coon/Tabby mix
Roxie -- A PBGV mutt

Then 2 fish and an algae-eater.
No other funky reptiles? Huh. Everyone with their dogs and cats, lol.