Orgrimmar to Desolace?

General Discussion
How can I get to Desolace from Orgrimmar?
start walking buddy
?????????
Open your map.
Follow the zones from one to the next watching the roads and where they lead.
Stay on the roads.
Eventually you will get to Desolace.

If this is too difficult for you, perhaps you should consider solitaire or minesweeper instead.
Stonetalon Mountains. Get to Sun Rock Retreat, then take the road over the mountain to the Charred Vale, then south to Desolace.

FYI, you should have posted this in the "New Players" forum. People here think you're trolling.
Thanks
Not trolling btw.
06/06/2011 02:44 PMPosted by Dathvader
Not trolling btw.

I kind of figured that, since you seemed confused after the first posters response.

Good luck.
Is thunder bluff village closer?
If your guild is level 21 or higher, it will have the perk "Have Group, Will Travel". Another guild member can go Desolace and summon you over with the perk. That's probably the easiest, but your guild needs to be level 21 or higher.
Go fly on the closest flight path to Desolace.

Mount up and travel the rest. I recommended to pick up flight paths on your way.
06/06/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Dathvader
Is thunder bluff village closer?

Yes, TB is closer, but you can't get from TB to Desolace without the flight path being known. Get the Stonetalon, either via Ashenvale or The High Road in the Southern Barrens. Then travel West along the road until you get to Sun Rock, then take the maountain path south to the Charred Vale. You could get to Desolace through the 10,000 Needles to Feralas, since your level is that high.
06/06/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Groggnrath
FYI, you should have posted this in the "New Players" forum. People here think you're trolling.

I admit that trolling crossed my mind, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't.

I subscribe to the school of thought of "Teach a man to fish" instead of "Give the man a fish". It may be just a game, but for something as simple as moving around the world, that's the point of exploring.
Open your map.
If this is too difficult for you, perhaps you should consider solitaire or minesweeper instead.

The dude asked a simple question, couldn't you have just answered it? Instead you add the needless assumption... Also why is it that when someone asks a question its an auto troll? You do know that some people are new to this game and have not spent the last 7 years of their lives glued to the screen... Unreal the ignorance of some people on this forum... You really do fit the stereo type...
Open your map.

The dude asked a simple question, couldn't you have just answered it? Instead you add the needless assumption... Also why is it that when someone asks a question its an auto troll? You do know that some people are new to this game and have not spent the last 7 years of their lives glued to the screen... Unreal the ignorance of some people on this forum... You really do fit the stereo type...

Read my reply directly above your post.

As for amount of time playing, do you think when I first started playing I had an entire forum I could ask directions from? I didn't and neither did anyone else that started when I did. We went out, explored, learned the world and where things were. So, what was that about ignorance?
06/06/2011 02:55 PMPosted by Legendaîry
I subscribe to the school of thought of "Teach a man to fish" instead of "Give the man a fish".

I agree with that. However, since the Cataclysm, roads tend to dead end. In fact, I've been playing since Vanilla, and I got lost a few times. It's not like you can just follow the gold road to the great lift anymore. Things have changed.
06/06/2011 03:01 PMPosted by Groggnrath
I subscribe to the school of thought of "Teach a man to fish" instead of "Give the man a fish".

I agree with that. However, since the Cataclysm, roads tend to dead end. In fact, I've been playing since Vanilla, and I got lost a few times. It's not like you can just follow the gold road to the great lift anymore. Things have changed.

Good point. But that sort of reinforces the whole "go out and explore" thing. Though with flying mounts, I guess it's irrelevant rather quickly these days. :(
Though with flying mounts, I guess it's irrelevant rather quickly these days. :(

I both agree and disagree with that statement; Yes, once you hit 60 and get Old World flying, it makes exploring moot. However, from 1-60, you have to explore, or have some sense of exploration. A good example is Stontalon; how do you get there on a low level Horde alt?

It's rather hard if you haven't done the Ashenvale quests. You can sneak through Honor Hold or Honor Stand or whatever the Alliance call it. The mobs surrounding that entrance are higher than the Northern Barrens mobs, and will aggro and kill a lowbie.

You can get there via the Souther Barren High Road, but you have to get to the Souther Barrens. You can get there via the Ashenvale entrance, but you have to have done the Ashenvale quests up to Silverwing Refuge.

Exploration is still very live for the 1-60 bracket.
06/06/2011 02:34 PMPosted by Dathvader
How can I get to Desolace from Orgrimmar?

1. find person with 2seat flying mount
2. ???????
3. Profit