Battle.net account binded gear

General Discussion
06/16/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Contrails
How are these 2 different?
The distiction between a WoW account and a Battle.NET account (which can have any number of WoW accounts attached to it).

"Bind on Battle.NET Account" items can't be traded off your Battle.net Account.

So basically misleading wording going on . Per say if its bound to my account why can't i just put it on any of my toons on my battle.net account....
It is only misleading if you can trade them off your Battle.NET account. Since you can't do that, it is not misleading.

06/16/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Cânuck
ya but they don't say Bind on Battle.net account either do they
Because you can trade them to characters not on your Battle.NET account.
Oh Blizzards Greed
06/16/2011 04:51 PMPosted by Gãme
So when i make a new toon i get my pets and mounts and all that that is bond from my battle.net account. But my lvling gear that is battle.net bound then what am i not getting here.

The coding just isnt there yet. Its possible that they may not be able to do it for some reason. Apparently the way the pets and mounts from the store works are incompatibly different....I guess.
So when i make a new toon i get my pets and mounts and all that that is bond from my battle.net account. But my lvling gear that is battle.net bound then what am i not getting here.
Infinite copies of a Bind on Pickup item generated in the mailbox of every character on the account =/= Single copy of a Bind on Battle.NET account item able to be mailed across servers

You get those in the mail. You buy heirlooms from a vendor.
06/16/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Microtank

The coding just isnt there yet. Its possible that they may not be able to do it for some reason. Apparently the way the pets and mounts from the store works are incompatibly different....I guess.

Well them make it to where we can just go onto the site and put it on our toons its possible to do they are just wanting more 25 $ xfer.
06/16/2011 04:54 PMPosted by Warpuras

You get those in the mail. You buy heirlooms from a vendor.

still they have to do with battle.net and the label given to them.
06/16/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Gãme
Once again...

06/16/2011 04:54 PMPosted by Frosthawk
Infinite copies of a Bind on Pickup item generated in the mailbox of every character on the account =/= Single copy of a Bind on Battle.NET account item able to be mailed across servers
06/16/2011 04:42 PMPosted by Cânuck
so then it should be sever bound items

No, an item that is bound to server means it can be given to anybody on the server, which is basically anything that doesnt bind such as vendor gear and herbs.
06/16/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Liandryss
You are confused. Let me explain...

"Bind" is a restriction.

"Bind on Equip" items can't be traded once they are equipped.
"Bind on Pickup" items can't be traded once they are obtained.
"Bind on Account" items can't be traded off your Account.
"Bind on Battle.NET Account" items can't be traded off your Battle.net Account.

Glad I could clear this up for you.

"Bind" is a restriction, and it's bound the the Battle.net Account. The Battle.net account encompasses the entire account, up to 50 characters across all realms.

However, it is not actually bound the the Battle.net account. It is bound to the server on the battle.net account. That is not the same.

It should be mentioned that it's server-bound and battle.net account bound.

Yep its missleading
06/16/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Frosthawk
Once again...

So i should be able to send my heirlooms, cuz i should be able to send them across servers
"Bind" is a restriction, and it's bound the the Battle.net Account. The Battle.net account encompasses the entire account, up to 50 characters across all realms.

However, it is not actually bound the the Battle.net account. It is bound to the server on the battle.net account. That is not the same.

It should be mentioned that it's server-bound and battle.net account bound.
It can't be transfered to a character not of the Battle.NET account. That much we seem to agree on.

The problem is, the ability to transfer it to all characters on a Battle.NET Account isn't what makes them BoBNA.

It's the fact that you can't transfer it from a character on the BNA to a character not on it.

The tag is not lying. It is only misleading for people with poor reading comprehension.
06/16/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Cânuck
Once again...

So i should be able to send my heirlooms, cuz i should be able to send them across servers

You can't.

They may program it in eventually, which is why they changed the wording, but they haven't.

You complaining on the forums about the wording and meaning behind it isn't going to speed up the process any quicker. This thread pops up daily.

Currently, it is not possible to mail heirlooms across servers, despite the wording. No matter what you think or how you interpret it, you just cannot do it.

Wait for them to implement it and quit whining.
06/16/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Cânuck
No. It is not a requirement as far as the tag is concerned.

It will eventually happen anyway, because the players want it, not because the tag would be lying otherwise.
The items are bound to your Bnet account. This means that you can't give them to anyone on another account. That's all it means.

06/16/2011 04:43 PMPosted by Microtank
Then it should be called "Bound to Server".

No, because they aren't bound to server. You can pay for a character transfer and take them to another server. If they were bound to a server, you couldn't do that.