How a Demon Hunter Class could be tied in

Story Forum
OK Ok first of all a hero class will need to be tied in with lore, and who is the "Big Bad Guy" in all of wow lore? The Titan who betrayed all other titans Sargeras. Sargaras as in the Leader of the Burning legion, the same legion that is STILL OUT THERE and is also the biggest THREAT to the universe in the grand scheme of all things. Now Sargeras leads a army of demons and left one of his head honchos on Azeroth (the one we killed) leaving Azeroth one of the planets that has successfully resisted his Rule.

Illidan a demon hunter (also the main villain of the BC) saw the threat of the burning legion and fought his own war against them. Unfortunately he was kinda mad at everyone for being sealed away for awhile so he became "The betrayer" (or being named that because he was a Demon hunter or whatever). Being so he has nothing to do at all with the burning legions army or being part of it, in reality he wanted them out of outland. So answering the first major question why weren't demon hunters in the BC expansion could go both ways :1 Blizzard wasn't ready for a hero class or hadn't thought of adding one, or :2 Blizzard wanted to save Demon hunters for what I predict the final expansion (which entails a battle against the Burning Legion and Sargeras as the final boss in WoW lore) in which a army of demons led by Sargeras is when the likelihood of when azeroth will need everyone they can get to battle the greatest threat they can get. Enter Demon Hunter.

But as far as it's concerned going from Deathwing to Sargeras (who belonged or belongs(who knows what happened to him in terms of being the leader of the biggest demon army to exist) to the race that gave birth to what is today Deathwing) is a bit out of the our reach Im not sure what other classes hero or non-hero will be added to WoW in the future (because we still have the old gods to cover in WoW and possible the south sea)but as far as Im concerned seeing Demon Hunters playing a huge roll in wow lore in the future is a huge possibility.
Illidan was named the betrayer because he sided with the highbourne and made a new well, meaning the legion would come back one day. He also went to outland to hide from his demon master after failing to destory the lich king. Yes he was a demon hunter and it was a hero in wc3. It could cleary work out for NEs as a hero class, but I'd hate to see a goblin or a gnome demon hunter.
06/19/2011 11:48 PMPosted by Jamed
It could cleary work out for NEs as a hero class, but I'd hate to see a goblin or a gnome demon hunter.

Yeah because demons are such a huge part of night elf culture.

Except they're not because they're total outcasts.
-.- nightelves already had demon hunters ...
So then why can't goblins or gnomes have them?
it would work as a hero class because in outlands it shows bloodelves being demon hunters too. meaning that one race on each faction could be a demon hunter. so it would be logical. its 1 for 1, while its not ideal because choices are limited it is quite possible.
Sorry, but again, why can only races who have been shown as demon hunters be demon hunters? What's with the arbitrary limit?
06/19/2011 11:48 PMPosted by Jamed
Illidan was named the betrayer because he sided with the highbourne and made a new well, meaning the legion would come back one day. He also went to outland to hide from his demon master after failing to destory the lich king. Yes he was a demon hunter and it was a hero in wc3. It could cleary work out for NEs as a hero class, but I'd hate to see a goblin or a gnome demon hunter.

I think any race that utilizes the warlock class is easily open to having a demon hunter class.
Which is almost every playable race.
This is the same exact idea I had. Demon Hunter could totally work and would fit in nicely with another Burning Legion expansion.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_hunter

"Any race can become a demon hunter"

Yes. That's right. Any race can become a demon hunter. Does it mean they will become one? Probably not.

The only real problem I see with becoming a DH is the fact that there are very few left. And it would not make much sense lore wise to see 1000 DHs running around SW or any other major capital city. And that just ruins the beauty of the DHs. They are not accepted within society.

I personally, would rather not have a DH class. My main reason is because fitting them in with the Alliance and Horde would probably be some stupid retcon on Blizz's side.
Since at the moment the alliance has 1 less class/race combination, it would make sense to add a class that is available to only one race in the alliance. Something like Demon Hunter, Sentinel/Warden/Priest of Elune(class similar to paladins) for the Night Elves.
06/20/2011 09:19 AMPosted by Tereian
Since at the moment the alliance has 1 less class/race combination, it would make sense to add a class that is available to only one race in the alliance. Something like Demon Hunter, Sentinel/Warden/Priest of Elune(class similar to paladins) for the Night Elves.

I... What?

I strongly doubt blizzard is going to create a hero class only available to one race on one faction.
06/20/2011 01:02 AMPosted by Verithros
it would work as a hero class because in outlands it shows bloodelves being demon hunters too. meaning that one race on each faction could be a demon hunter. so it would be logical. its 1 for 1, while its not ideal because choices are limited it is quite possible.

In the questline dealing with said bloodelf demon hunters, they are only initiates. In addition, you find out that Illidan picked 5 bloodelves from Kael'Thas to train as demon hunters, 3 of them died, one went mad (Leotheras, whom you kill in SSC) and one survived to become a full fledged Demon Hunter. You kill him, and his trainers (who are Night Elves). Thus ends the training of Blood Elf Demon Hunters under Illidan. The question then remains, would other Demon Hunters, like Altruis, train non- Night Elves to be Demon Hunters?

In addition, wiki type sites (like wowpedia) should be treated as fallible, and besides Wowpedia, where do we find Demon Hunters that aren't Night Elves? Are any named? Even Wowpedia says they are unheard of in the section on race and initiation. And if the Bloodelves that Illidan trained are dead, what Bloodelf Demon Hunters are there to assist in the rituals and initiation ceremonies?

I ask this in support of race specific hero classes...
I think there's only one good one to actually teach ppl how to be a DH, altruis the sufferer. But he's pretty badass. However, where's the motivation to make him teach people? Warlocks can be good now, why would we need another fel magic class, since we don't need em to bind demons?
06/20/2011 09:18 PMPosted by Morgnfreeman
where do we find Demon Hunters that aren't Night Elves

There used to be human (and I believe dwarven) demon hunters in Hyjal back during vanilla, when you could glitch in.

There's nothing stopping any race from becoming a Demon Hunter aside from the burning determination to do such. It is -not- a minor commitment, it's on par with becoming a Death Knight... which most did unwillingly. The only races I could imagine being 'barred' from it would be gnome and goblin, due to lack of physical prowess, as well as tauren, because Demon Hunters focus on physical speed and agility... and tauren are huge.

Not necessarily, i believe hamuul runetotem as well as cairn bloodhoof were considered quite agile despite their massive size. and gnomes have vastly improved physical prowess as stated in the new gnome king story. Goblins, Well they have pirates. they can be speedy.
06/20/2011 09:18 PMPosted by Morgnfreeman
There's nothing stopping any race from becoming a Demon Hunter aside from the burning determination to do such. It is -not- a minor commitment, it's on par with becoming a Death Knight... which most did unwillingly. The only races I could imagine being 'barred' from it would be gnome and goblin, due to lack of physical prowess, as well as tauren, because Demon Hunters focus on physical speed and agility... and tauren are huge.

Wait... you count out gnomes, goblins, and tauren, but not the draenei?

If the draenei aren't going to be warlocks because of the fel magic and such, I doubt they would become demon hunters.
i think blizz should add a "hero" class for every race would make playing your race a little more unique.

Priestess of elune/ demonhunter for NE

earthen for dwarfs

shadowhunter/witchdoctor for trolls

grimtotem for tauren considering most joined with baine after that whole ordeal, would play alot like a shammy but corrupted totems and such

spellbreaker for BE

necromancers for undead

zapper for goblins

tinker for gnomes

i dont agree with worgen being an alliance only human at that considering NE where the first to get cursed and banished. if anything the worgen curse could have been used as a bit of buff if you will with anything current class adding new racials and unique abilities for that class.

off the top of my head cant really think of anything for orcs, humans.

maybe something to do with naruu for dreani.
Earthen isn't a class.