Silvermoon City bonfire

Achievements
Post Limit:
Having problems with this. I can't stealth in very far and a ton of NPCs start pounding on me. I also could not rez in there. Is there a safe area near the bonfire to drop threat so I can get my health back up?
Guards don't honestly hit that hard, bring a friend if you have to and go on your mounts til the fire and get your fires. Kill the guards that are on you and then hearth, it wasn't very hard for me to ride through the exodar on solo kill the guards and hearth so with a friend or two, silvermoon shouldnt be too bad, especially since no one ever goes there.
Got it with the help of a warrior I ran into. He tanked and I healed and we cleared all the mobs to the bonfire. :)
Not sure of a problem with this one?

You could be dismounted running on the way to the bonfire, which is a pain, but if you get to the fire and die you should be able to just res and grab the fire. Didn't have much problem with it last night.

You could be dismounted running on the way to the bonfire, which is a pain, but if you get to the fire and die you should be able to just res and grab the fire. Didn't have much problem with it last night.
I couldn't rez in Silvermoon. Not sure if that is true in all opposite faction cities.
I have had some really odd glitches in the game over the past week or so - sounds like you experienced one in SMC unfortunately. O.o I was able to rez with no problem .. glad to hear you were able to complete it :)

I couldn't rez in Silvermoon. Not sure if that is true in all opposite faction cities.

Sounds like a glitch. You can rez in the opposite faction's cities. I just stole the Darnassus flame by accident (thought it was a normal bonfire to be desecrated). Got shot off my mount and my body landed right next to the fire. I waited till it was clear of players, rezzed, stole it, and hearthstoned the heck home.
Could not res either. I did a /console reloadui and voila, good to go. Hope that helps!
For what it's worth, I got this on my druid without *too* many issues stealthing through the city in cat form. There is a crap stealth-detecting Golem parked right at the entrance (I'm not sure if he moves but he was there everytime I was near), but one death to him + corpse rez inside the city (far enough away to not aggro anything), I was able to stealth the rest of the way and avoid guards.

Then I rode my mount back and somehow easily made it through the entire city without issues :P Go figure. Of course, had I done that the other way I'd have had about 50 guards tailing me when I got to the bonfire so I'd have died anyways.
I couldn't rez in Silvermoon either -- is this a glitch? Or is it not possible for Alliance to rez in Horde cities? I didn't see it mentioned in other forums ...
06/27/2011 05:01 AMPosted by Josefina
I couldn't rez in Silvermoon either -- is this a glitch? Or is it not possible for Alliance to rez in Horde cities? I didn't see it mentioned in other forums ...

06/26/2011 09:46 AMPosted by Tanga
I have had some really odd glitches in the game over the past week or so - sounds like you experienced one in SMC unfortunately.

06/26/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Braks
Sounds like a glitch.

06/26/2011 04:36 PMPosted by Malkamus
I did a /console reloadui and voila, good to go.

06/26/2011 09:00 PMPosted by Melynda
+ corpse rez inside the city

Yes... it's a GLITCH.

Sounds like it glitched on you. I died twice in Silvermoon. Once immediately upon entering, and again at the fire, but after I"d taken it. The first time I ran back to Silvermoon and rezzed when it was clear. Didn't have a problem rezzing in the city. Then I camoed to the fire, took it, died, and rezzed at the spirit healer.
I had the same problem with Exodar. Also just reloaded the game and it worked.

Side note, Exodar sounds about as annoying. The guards don't hit very hard but there are tons of them and they do not stop spawning until you are dead.
06/27/2011 07:50 AMPosted by Konor
Side note, Exodar sounds about as annoying. The guards don't hit very hard but there are tons of them and they do not stop spawning until you are dead.

When you aggro a "non-combat NPC" like a vendor, they automatically spawn guards. There is a vendor near the fire in Exodar so you either need to stay far enough away, or kill it first, then the guards.