Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

Druid
Prev 1 24 25 26 51 Next
I would trade them both for a legendary if I could ;)

Also, the issue where I see my previous numbers being incorrect isn't in the weapons themselves, but the gear. If he can't reach 2637 with Ti'Tahk then with DI it won't be better. If he cant reach 3102 with Vagaries then it won't be better without DI.

And then there is the SP boost from heroic Vagaries which likely makes Vagaries better regardless.
Atm i can not reach 2637 without losing more intellect. And I can not reach 3102 with vagaries. We also have no DI in the group. Also what would you line the bottle of wishes with, im guessing power torrent or something to make bigger dot ticks?

With bottle wishes i may be able to reach it but I will not know till next week.
12/28/2011 03:16 PMPosted by Naturalshîft
Also what would you line the bottle of wishes with, im guessing power torrent or something to make bigger dot ticks?

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a question in there at first.

I'd say it depends on how obsessive you want to be. BW has a 1.5 min CD, and power torrent has roughly a 40s CD. In a long enough fight they would eventually get staggered, but just macroing BW to IS should get them lined up every other power torrent proc often enough.
@ Eluial. How do you convince your lock to give you DI? We just recruited a lock last week and he insists it goes to our Shadow Priest. And he further insists that if it doesn't go to our shadow priest that it goes to our Resto Druid.

Spriests beat us because more of their damage is affected by the DoT damage increase. However for multi target fights we might be better due to both our dots going to a secondary target and we seem to gain more damage on those fights compared to spriests.

However it going to a resto Druid is almost always a dumb idea. They don't benefit as well from extra haste over breakpoints. A lot of their HoTs overheal anyways so they don't benefit as well from the HoT healing increase.

Also, does your spriest have a legendary? If so, then yeah he gets it. If not then no it should go to you.

Edit: How is going from 4T12 heroic to 2T13 normal working, especially with the worst optimized pieces? I was just wondering because sims shows that to be a loss but I was wondering how it was working in practice.
@ Eluial. How do you convince your lock to give you DI? We just recruited a lock last week and he insists it goes to our Shadow Priest. And he further insists that if it doesn't go to our shadow priest that it goes to our Resto Druid.

You tell him that at your level of haste, it bumps you up a haste breakpoint, a fact which per se should make you the top choice for it. If as a dotting class he doesn't understand how significant an increase another haste breakpoint is, then he's a bad lock.

Besides, even if it didn't bump you up that haste breakpoint, balance's interaction with haste(More haste > Higher NG uptime > Even more overall haste, etc) makes boomkins a solid choice for DI, despite the fact that out DoTs don't constitute nearly as much of our damage as those of an Spriest do, although then it'd be understandable if he put DI on the priest for min/maxing sake.

The fact that this warlock would rather it go to the resto druid, though, makes me think he probably has had plenty of bad experiences with boomkins, and I'm kinda sad to say I understand that. Most pug/LFR boomkins out there don't seem to have a clue, and this large proportion of bad players somehow breeds a moonkin stigma in people who haven't seen any good moonkins. I've always been hesitant about bringing this point up, because for one thing, it is based entire on anecdotal 'evidence', which I myself am not a huge fan of, but recently I've learnt that I'm not alone in thinking that the average boomkin out there is pretty bad.
01/03/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Tagartou
Edit: How is going from 4T12 heroic to 2T13 normal working, especially with the worst optimized pieces? I was just wondering because sims shows that to be a loss but I was wondering how it was working in practice.

I've been back and forth with it. Truthfully I gain a lot of Spell Power/Haste and Mastery from switching to those two pieces so even though it simmed lower for Patchwerk I wanted to try it. It worked well on Heroic Yorsahj. But we just started running logs so I'm going to try 4 piece t12 next week to companre. My armory is kind of blah because I keep switching between the two but it causes me to reforge and regem.

I do like fighting to get rid of spirit and I did all my reforging from guessing. I haven't ran any reforge add on or sim to help me even though I know I can min/max it better. I just haven't had time. My Mastery is higher than it has ever been. The only piece I'm not happy with are the shoulders but my previous shoulders didn't have haste on them either (heroic t12), so I don't feel I'm really missing out since we never got the heroic shannox shoulders to drop.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wexh5jz8m6jl1k0u/sum/damageDone/?s=2890&e=3148

There's our Zon'ozz kill where I got DI. I wasn't parsing well without it, but with it and the 2 piece t13, 2 piece t12 it's #17 moonkin.

That was the only attempt of the night I got DI though :(

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wexh5jz8m6jl1k0u/sum/damageDone/?s=4588&e=4879

That's Ultraxion with the spriest getting DI. I think me getting DI would increase our raid dps and I think that's more important tbh.

My Computer keeps freezing during raids so my other kills were less than stellar :( I have a thread in tech support if anyone has a suggestion though. Notice me dying to ice on Hagara AND the lightning. Both transitions I DC'd and both I died. I also froze for almost every shock wave on Warmaster and surprisingly didn't really freeze on madness or spine at any significant moment.
01/03/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Velaniz
Most pug/LFR boomkins out there don't seem to have a clue, and this large proportion of bad players somehow breeds a moonkin stigma in people who haven't seen any good moonkins.

That's so true.
01/03/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Khalador

Because our spriest is only off spec DPS, I'm the top caster DPS in my group (even before the orange), and healing has never been our weak point (while DPS has been). There have been fights where we decided to give it to our resto while we were learning it, though.

Last tier it was a big deal because I had to gear around it. This tier it's not as big a deal, but I'm still the option that makes the most sense given our raid makeup and overall strengths/weaknesses.

It might be worthwhile to open a discussion with your raid leader and the lock. But if the spriest that's getting it has a legendary and is a good player (good DPS, doesn't die all the time, has good attendance), it should probably go to him.

I also get FM even though I've told our mage he can give it to the warlock cause she'd benefit more (and probably give a higher uptime) o.O
01/03/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Eluial
I also get FM even though I've told our mage he can give it to the warlock cause she'd benefit more (and probably give a higher uptime) o.O
No El! Balance druids collectively spent an expansion convincing mages that we get FM so now that we have them trained it is not time to teach them differently!
Unfortunately our raid leader is the resto druid and he wants it for himself as well :)
01/03/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Khalador
Unfortunately our raid leader is the resto druid and he wants it for himself as well :)

That's pretty !@#$ty. Unless healing is rough for you guys and you're wiping due to too many deaths, there's no reason a healer should get priority, except to stroke his epeen. It's even worse that he's the raid leader and should be looking to help the raid instead of his overhealing meter.
So I tank for my guild, but the other tanks usually don't have OS, so on single tank fights, I DPS.

I have all 378+ gear except for my trinkets which are still 346, haven't been very lucky in that field. I mostly have 378, with a mix of 384 though, no 397 for this set.

Compared to all my other DPS classes I'm pulling sub par dps. I can't seem to pull over 18-19k DPS, with an occasional 20k spike. On fights like Zon'Ozz, with damage increases I only go up to like 25k.

I'm following the rotations and 'advanced' rotations spot on, there's got to be something I'm missing :(

Are you using Balance Power Tracker? It's a god send addon that most people with balance Off specs neglect to look at, even though it's amazing. It helps ensure you cast the right amount of uneclipsed spells to get into an Eclipse, which increases your DPS not only because every uneclipsed spell cast is a dps loss, but also because your shorter Eclipse cycles will lead to higher Nature's Grace uptime.

Also I'd look at your dot uptime. Less than 80% uptime on both Dots? Then you definitely have a problem there.
Hi, I am back.

What are the numbers when comparing 4piece t13, to 2piece t13 +t12 ?
( I am not good with rawr + wrathcalcs )

As for Dotting. I have a question. I know that you should not renew dots outside eclipse past the start of the fights, along with not renewing them right as you enter eclipse, instead you wait for their timer to lower. That way you do not lose dps because solar and lunar dots deal similar damage. However I find myself sometimes losing my dots, and I am trying to work it out so I do not have to renew outside eclipse. On top of that it is in the best interest to have insect swarm up because of the 2set. So any tips or Comments please.

Edit only Heroic t12 I have are the shoulders, and chest.
01/04/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Naturalshîft
However I find myself sometimes losing my dots, and I am trying to work it out so I do not have to renew outside eclipse.
This might help https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdDQ0YjkwdGxONm9EOG15cGJaLUNuWGc

Just clip when you are about to leave eclipse and below the number the spreadsheet spits out.

On top of that it is in the best interest to have insect swarm up because of the 2set.
I would suggest being more cautious on the spreadsheet instead of using the numbers that get you close to eclipse before DoTs run out(and to eclipse if you get a euphoria proc) if this is of concern to you.

What are the numbers when comparing 4piece t13, to 2piece t13 +t12 ?
For this I would wait until the hotfix on the PTR comes out to ask.
How is fiery quint and foul gift compared to dmc in numbers, I was told by one that fiery is coming out ahead of dmc. But I am a little confused on its proc, i suppose just to use it on eclipse right before dotting, or lining it up with it. Sim says quint is a little ahead but idk its hard to see.

With the new 4set should i be starsurging on cd. I heard your supposed to wait till your in eclipse, and try as best as possible to starsurge in lunar. If you are about to eclipse and you procced it you are supposed to wait. Am I right or wrong?
01/04/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Naturalshîft
How is fiery quint and foul gift compared to dmc in numbers, I was told by one that fiery is coming out ahead of dmc. But I am a little confused on its proc, i suppose just to use it on eclipse right before dotting, or lining it up with it. Sim says quint is a little ahead but idk its hard to see.

This is purely a wrathcalcs question. I would guess DMC is better than both those trinkets, but depending on your gear/raid setup you might get unexpected results, and I have no way to guess at numbers without using something like wrathcalcs. Since FQ has hit on it, it's a little harder to judge using wrathcalcs (you have to adjust your reforging to stay at hit cap) but you can easily compare foul gift and DMC, and compare them to FQ with just a little more work on your end.

01/04/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Naturalshîft
With the new 4set should i be starsurging on cd. I heard your supposed to wait till your in eclipse, and try as best as possible to starsurge in lunar. If you are about to eclipse and you procced it you are supposed to wait. Am I right or wrong?

In every gear set up except for 4pcT12 you should be using SS on cooldown. But yes, as you mentioned, if you are close to lunar you should save your SS because you want to ensure you get at least 1 SS off during lunar. But even then you shouldn't have to hold it for more than 2-3 casts.
I'm gonna double post just cause I'm curious if the thread will get locked or not. Plus it's as good a time as any to mention that I plan on posting some moonkin PoV dragon soul videos starting the next couple weeks (I just need a couple lockouts to get things recorded, and then some time to edit).

TBH I'm a little nervous cause, you know, inc everyone nitpicking at every mistake I make. But oh well. Such is life.