Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

Druid
Post Limit:
Prev 1 31 32 33 51 Next
02/01/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Lazerbrain
gyph starsurge

A noticeable dps increase I really did not anticipate even on the single target dummy. Thank you!

Before I begin my question I just have to say this is the best Boomkin Guide imaginable. Every time someone asks me for help I always refer to this thread. 2 Thumbs up!

Anyway, my question is regarding the T13 4pc. I've been accustomed to saving starsurge procs for an eclipse if it's getting close especially if I'm going toward Lunar and I'm above 50. At any point should I use starsurge when going toward Lunar/Solar eclipses while still neutral? Also, when it's not a proc but a cast, should I still only stick to starfire when going toward Solar or should I throw in a starsurge assuming it's available to cast and I'm still a ways from entering Solar eclipse?

Thank you.

Thanks! :D

For your rotation questions, as far as starting at full neutral goes, the general advice in the rotation section holds true for T12 and T13:
Single Target Opener
When starting at FULL neutral (arrows on eclipse bar point both ways)
To go to solar eclipse
IS -> MF -> starfire til eclipse -> wrath -> starsurge
To go to lunar eclipse
IS -> MF -> wrath x2 -> starsurge -> wrath til eclipse

The caveat I'd add to that is that if you're going toward solar first and you're able to pre-cast for that fight, you can start off with a SS for a bit of "free" damage.

For when to use SS otherwise, for any setup except for 4pcT12, you always use it on CD every time it's up, whether it's a cast or a proc. The exception is something you kind of mentioned, which is if you're really close to lunar eclipse you might want to hold on to it. Where "really close" ends up being is a bit of a grey area. If you're 1 cast away from lunar, definitely hold it. If you *just* exited solar, definitely use it. The closer you get to lunar, the more likely you're going to want to be to hold it, but at that point it becomes playing the odds. A good rule of thumb is probably 2-3 casts away, depending on your haste.

2-3 casts, gotcha. Thank you for the tips =)
i have a small question i currently have a raid finder ring with haste and my other ring id the valor ring

should i replace the raid finder ring with the other valor ring with mastery or do 10 mans and hope i get the dragon soul ring with haste

i think i might since then i will have more intel then i can reforge more escess spirit into haste
Yeah, another T13 question. I know the "rules" have been said time and time again, but I'm getting odd results with Wrathcalcs.

My gear setups are:
T12 - Heroic helm/shoulders/chest, normal gloves (378)
T13 - Normal shoulders, heroic gloves

WC says I'll pull roughly 41.7k with my T12 setup. But out of curiosity, I threw on my two T13 pieces, re-reforged, and plugged myself in again. WC said I'd pull 41.9k.

The numbers say 2pc T13 wins, and I'm wondering if I should actually make the switch. My weakness is the 378 gloves, where raid finder gear would be a large upgrade for me. Upgrading to 2pc T13 would net me another 216 spellpower, which I think WC values more highly than keeping the horrible gloves I have now with the 4pc bonus. Advice?

I'm just trying to min-max all I can right now, because my guild is working on 10-man heroic Spine. Our raid comp is definitely not very bursty, and I feel very weak on this fight.
Especially for spine the T13 2 set should be good because of its increase to wrath and starsurge, whereas an extra cast off eclipse does nothing for 15s of burst. I would say you also should start grabbing the other T13 normal and heroic pieces at this point as well because that bonus allows you to get an extra SS in on the tendon. Also because the 4 set was pretty much all that was good about T12's bonuses(but don't get me wrong, it was very good) so if dropping it for 2/2 sees an upgrade then dropping that 2 T12 for 4T13 should be a bigger upgrade.
Thanks for the advice!

I've been working on collecting other tier, but I've had horrible luck. We've seen a billion Conq tokens, and I've been passing tier to people who would use it immediately. I'll start aiming for it now.
02/02/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Lazerbrain
so im curious what you guys are thinking... im either going back to glyph of wrath or using starfall on cd with starsurge glyph.

This is something I go nuts thinking about. In regular DS, I could just spam through my rotation and gain an extra 3-4 starfalls a boss and always have it in lunar. In Heroic, I find myself filing specific roles that don't allow me to blow through my rotation and it's often coming off cd going into solar or at around 0 energy. I haven't really decided which direction I'm going to go though.
um so starfall will never be off cd every lunar unless you get like 4 shooting stars procs.

so im curious what you guys are thinking... im either going back to glyph of wrath or using starfall on cd with starsurge glyph.

with t13 4piece i get to lunar and pop starfall with synapse springs and starfall comes off cd during solar after an entire eclipse rotation.

better explanation:
starfalled in lunar
-> solar
<- lunar
starfall comes off cd around 0 energy
-> solar

In short, starfall comes off cd quicker with new 4piece, however, not soon enough to use it every lunar.
soooo single target fights still glyphing wrath??

If you start at neutral going toward solar then expect the first 3 Starfalls to always be available for Lunar eclipse. Although this is assuming little to no movement obviously. At least with my amount of haste that is. Though I like to start boss fights with 100% lunar eclipse after trash so I found I was forced to pop it during solar unfortunately but it still accounts for that 10% less wrath damage from my testing.
I saw a pretty nice dps increase using glyph of wrath on H Ultraxion last night. I think it might have to do with 25 man having more Fading Lights between Twilight's. I seemed to have to switch realms with starfall up a few times. I had to make the choice of pop it and cross my fingers I don't get FL, or save it and miss starfall for this lunar eclipse. The second option complete negates using Glyph of Starsurge.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d1uaxftkesfp1ikc/details/1/?s=3197&e=3522

8 fading lights in 5 minutes!

02/03/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Lazerbrain
im getting pooped on by hunters on this fight (not that i wasn't before), but now ones with a 5-10 ilvl difference are only 1k or less behind me.

Yeah, having those extra fading lights really sucks. I'm still trying to figure out how to best manage them, since on reg normally you get maybe 1-2 per fight (per person, on average). No logs for last week (stupid patch had all of us DCing constantly) but I felt like I was getting fading light non-stop. I got it back to back several times in a row.
So this week we finally start raiding DS two nights a week after getting our Legendary completed. I got my 4 set bonus last week so this will be my first time using it while raiding. It will also be the first week that I may get to be full-time dps as I have been the 3rd healer for Zon'ozz, Ultraxion and Blackhorn. In the past I feel that my dps has been seriously lacking but I am slowly improving week by week. I would like to ask for any tips that may be able to help me improve more.

Last weeks logs for DS
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cwy1arvazg5sk46p/
So this week we finally start raiding DS two nights a week after getting our Legendary completed. I got my 4 set bonus last week so this will be my first time using it while raiding. It will also be the first week that I may get to be full-time dps as I have been the 3rd healer for Zon'ozz, Ultraxion and Blackhorn. In the past I feel that my dps has been seriously lacking but I am slowly improving week by week. I would like to ask for any tips that may be able to help me improve more.

Last weeks logs for DS
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cwy1arvazg5sk46p/

I'm not really seeing anything that immediately jumps out at me. Although those fights are the worst one as far as trying to evaluate a rotation goes. If you can get some ultraxion and zonozz logs this week that would be pretty helpful.

Also, there are video guides posted for a few fights in the last post of the guide here (just keep in mind the rotation you see is for 4pcT12 -- your rotation should have you using SS on CD).
Given that I have IotCM (LFR) and DMC:V should I buy BW? I have checked several sites and they say like above "However, there are some T12 trinkets that could come ahead of Bottled Wishes for a normal encounter." Since DMC:V was pulling its own in Tier 12, should I still keep it? In case I'm in my pvp gear, my haste is 21.07% (2698), I get DI one night but not the other (our lock only raids one night), and I have Ti'tahk so I get that proc. I won't be doing heroics anytime soon, just did 5/8 last week on reg.

Personally I'd like to just wait for one of the others to drop, but I'll buy BW if I need to. (I could check warthcalcs, but both times I tried using it I couldn't figure it out. Probably doing something wrong.)

Well, I was going to plug you into WC but you're in your PvP gear.

BW will put you above a breakpoint (2, actually) for the nights you don't have DI. Otherwise, it's hard to say if it's worth the loss of the DMC proc. You could use BW on the nights you don't have DI, and DMC:V on the nights you do. Your insignia, even LFR version, is better than BW and DMC though.
so evan with the gear i have i tryed on a dummy ( cus i just got my 4 pc and stuff today) and im actualy doing about 23k with self buff and cds. im not sure if i messed up anything or if i just fail as a druid seems like it might be fail cus thats what my guilds telling me :( ill add an armory link wish i knew how to post a sheet on here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Moonsgrac%C3%A8/advanced

any advice anyone can give would be much apreciated. i am gratefull thanks.
Vagaries heroic, Titahk or Rathrak (normals) + Dragonfire. Which is best weapon option.