Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

Druid
Prev 1 38 39 40 51 Next
04/22/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Tagartou
Well hopefully Eluial will also pop in here and offer some advice and not see me as the last poster and assume that there haven't been any new posts.

Kek, that's definitely happened before. But I knew I was the last poster last time I checked here. I also took a self-imposed forum vacation for a couple days cause the beta forums were making me mad.

I don't know that I really have much more to contribute, though, other than I hate this fight and dragon wrath can be really annoying at times. "Oh, you DIDN'T want to proc eclipse yet? MY BAD, DAWG. LULZ!"

edit: I actually have one small thing:
You also need to make sure to keep your stacking trinket up during this by hitting low health bloods with moonfire if there isn't another target to hit and the amalg is too low.

I'd actually recommend IS instead of MF. No direct damage on it, and less damage in general, so it's less likely to kill something you don't want killed. Plus you can spam it repeatedly on one target with no effect on its damage done in order to stack your trinket if you do accidentally let it fall off.
04/24/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Eluial
I'd actually recommend IS instead of MF. No direct damage on it, and less damage in general, so it's less likely to kill something you don't want killed. Plus you can spam it repeatedly on one target with no effect on its damage done in order to stack your trinket if you do accidentally let it fall off
Ahh, that makes sense.

Also, check my armory :D I know its a bit late but I'm still happy.
04/24/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Tagartou

AMG! Many congo rats to you on this day!
I will be doing heroic Yor'sahj again tonight but last week I really screwed up on the multi dotting. When the boss spawns the adds what exactly should my rotation be? Do I only need to apply insect swarm to every single add or does it only need to be applied to one and then spam moonfire/sunfire to everything?
04/25/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Orlém
I will be doing heroic Yor'sahj again tonight but last week I really screwed up on the multi dotting. When the boss spawns the adds what exactly should my rotation be? Do I only need to apply insect swarm to every single add or does it only need to be applied to one and then spam moonfire/sunfire to everything?
You should be Sunfiring every add as its running in and then using shrooms followed my hurricane as filler.
^ Even if I don't have Gale Winds talent?
04/25/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Orlém
^ Even if I don't have Gale Winds talent?
You should get the gale winds talent. Its not like there are much better places to spend the points.
I should refresh dot end of solar and lunar eclipse right?

" You always want to cast SS when going from solar->lunar " that means I should cast SS when solar buff -> begin lunar or no solar buff -> begin lunar?

This guide is update or not?
Gratz Tag on your legendary!

I should refresh dot end of solar and lunar eclipse right?

" You always want to cast SS when going from solar->lunar " that means I should cast SS when solar buff -> begin lunar or no solar buff -> begin lunar?

You only want to refresh your DOTs if they won't last to the next Eclipse. Typically you will want to refresh Solar DOTs prior to leaving Eclipse. You probably won't need to refresh your Lunar DOTs unless you're forced into lots of movement or terrible RNG on Ultraxion.

While in Solar Eclipse, you'll be casting Starsurge whenever you can. While no Solar Eclipse buff is active, you'll still want to cast Starsurge. However, if you're 1-3 casts away from Lunar Eclipse and you get a Starsurge proc, do not cast Starsurge until Lunar Eclipse is active.
"While no Solar Eclipse buff is active" what buff that you means?

If in Lunar Eclipse when I should cast Starsurge no proc and porc?
04/27/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Montiele
"While no Solar Eclipse buff is active" what buff that you means?

Um... the buff that is called "solar eclipse."

04/27/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Montiele
If in Lunar Eclipse when I should cast Starsurge no proc and porc?

Cast it once at any time, whether it's a proc or not. If you get a proc after you've already cast it once, then save that proc. On the very last starfire that makes you exit eclipse, you can cast the starsurge proc as your starfire cast is ending, and it will still be lunar eclipsed.
04/24/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Tagartou

A bit late too, but grats :P

Anyways, is the legendary substantially better than the 410 MH/OH combo I believe you had earlier? How much more dps does it net on Ultrax? And how're you finding the proc on the rest of the fights?
Well I can't say for sure because I was stupid and had spine reforging for the first four bosses(including a not used trinket!), a bad soak group on ultra where we didn't get an external cd, and on blackhorn things die too fast anyways and then I didn't have a benchmark for the last two on heroic.

But before I died on ultra I was sitting at 47k dps with trees and a potion still left, and my highest previously was 44k.
Well I can't say for sure because I was stupid and had spine reforging for the first four bosses(including a not used trinket!), a bad soak group on ultra where we didn't get an external cd, and on blackhorn things die too fast anyways and then I didn't have a benchmark for the last two on heroic.

But before I died on ultra I was sitting at 47k dps with trees and a potion still left, and my highest previously was 44k.

Gratz on Madness!

I guess I should log myself for Ultraxion, apparently it can net you upwards with 1k dps :D
Hey Eluial, some people keep changing the DoT refreshing template on your google docs. Is there a way to set it so Anonymous cannot update it whenever they wish?
05/07/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Cadavêr
Hey Eluial, some people keep changing the DoT refreshing template on your google docs. Is there a way to set it so Anonymous cannot update it whenever they wish?
It's mine but no, there isn't. The most restrictive that I can have it with it still being functional is its setting currently, where you have to have the link to edit it. I try and check it to fix it regularly, but if it is broken for a long period of time then it should show my gmail as the owner so you can just email me and I will fix it.
05/08/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Tagartou
It's mine but no, there isn't. The most restrictive that I can have it with it still being functional is its setting currently, where you have to have the link to edit it. I try and check it to fix it regularly, but if it is broken for a long period of time then it should show my gmail as the owner so you can just email me and I will fix it.

Sounds like someone needs to stop being lazy and turn it into a web app already. For the last 2.5 months of the xpac. Yes.
05/08/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Eluial
Sounds like someone needs to stop being lazy and turn it into a web app already. For the last 2.5 months of the xpac. Yes.
I would have done that a while ago but I lack somewhere to host it and, you know, the lazy thing.

Maybe I'll update it for MoP to address whether you should clip before the next eclipse goes active. And it will just be one huge cell with "YES" in giant font.
Dear Eluial and other balance druids:

So I'm pretty decent at boomkin considering it's my offspec and I play it very few and far between. However recently I have been dps'ing heroic Ragnaros for my guild as boomkin and I want to know how to get my dps and my damage up so I don't feel so awful everytime I have to dps.

Can anyone give me any tips or advice or maybe how to solar camp most of the time on that fight for sons and seeds for extra aoe or something? Just looking for a way to up my dps and damage. Thanks.

Cheers,
Wildlight
Dear Eluial and other balance druids:

So I'm pretty decent at boomkin considering it's my offspec and I play it very few and far between. However recently I have been dps'ing heroic Ragnaros for my guild as boomkin and I want to know how to get my dps and my damage up so I don't feel so awful everytime I have to dps.

Can anyone give me any tips or advice or maybe how to solar camp most of the time on that fight for sons and seeds for extra aoe or something? Just looking for a way to up my dps and damage. Thanks.

Cheers,
Wildlight

Well, I gotta say it's been a while since I had to think about that fight. If your balance gear (and the rest of your raid's gear) is at a similar level to your resto gear, you'll probably have pretty short phases.

Trying to recall what I was doing... P2 is a solar camp phase, yes. You want to have mushrooms planted at the spot where your raid will be running to. So, you start off at location A for the seeds to drop, then you run to location B, so they follow you, and then you disperse. Your shrooms should be at location B. You want starfall up, and to channel hurricane along their path. Then once they reach location B, detonate, typhoon and start dotting up any survivors. You can use SS procs as necessary, just watch your eclipse bar.

You can dot up rag and just cast SF on him. If his health is low enough that you can push before another seeds, it might be better to stop solar camping, but it's a call you have to make on the fly, because losing eclipse is going to hurt you in the coming transition phase. If you're really close on the health v seeds timer, it might be worth it just to push. Otherwise, try to hold on to your solar eclipse.

For transitions, I was splitting my mushrooms - 2 on my primary target and 1 on my secondary. Again, this might not be necessary anymore because of better gear, but the extra damage, slow and E&M up on that 2nd target helped.

I doubt it's a good idea anymore to use that blue execute trinket, since T13 trinkets are so good, especially if you have heroic ones. Just keep in mind, the execute phase is almost doubled in this fight (not to mention all the adds) so classes with execute abilities will tend to have higher than normal DPS.