Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

Druid
Prev 1 43 44 45 51 Next
I don't see anything wrong with it, and just so you know I copy/pasted it to send to the other moonkin in my guild who is clueless going into MoP because it seems to explain the rotation very well(don't worry, I credited you).

Now just wait until next build when everything changes again and all the theorycrafting that has been done gets tossed out the window.

Aha! Send him here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSorawobmSk&feature=youtu.be

Made it last night/this morning/uploaded 10min ago.
Thanks heaps for this, much appreciated, I always like to find a helpful balance druid that isn't totally stuck up.

I can't wait to test this out - haven't played on beta as I despise leveling.

Will you be updating if there are any changes?
08/19/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Sapient
Will you be updating if there are any changes?

I would be willing to bet that we won't see any design changes. Given there is a change, I will update this guide and the others I plan to make. :)

Balance Druids have changed a little bit. You're doing the same things as you practiced in Cata, only slightly augmented. The changes actually aren't that big, though it seems more drastic than it really is. If you understand the tricks of Moonkin in T13H, you'd find MOP to be almost a repeat of T13H, minus the panda stuff.
Incarnation + Nature's Vigil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSorawobmSk

Multi-DOT Strategy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJagG_dMU4

What should I cover next?
Hmm...different types of AoE scenarios covering different #s of targets and durations? Or maybe a guide for the proper use of DoC if someone decides to use that talent?
08/20/2012 03:23 AMPosted by Tagartou
Hmm...different types of AoE scenarios covering different #s of targets and durations? Or maybe a guide for the proper use of DoC if someone decides to use that talent?

AoE is way too versatile, it'd be better to write up about it and what you can do to know when to multi-DOT and when to AoE (or se a combination of the two).

DoC would be something to do. I think I'll use some PvP pieces this time around to nuke my Haste rating as much. That being the case, what is the suggested DoC clipping?
(2 HT per eclipse) Cast to almost Eclipse, Healing Touch, Sunfire/Moonfire, Moonfire/Sunfire, Cast to almost leaving Eclipse, Healing Touch, Sunfire/Moonfire, Moonfire/Sunfire (or ignore this DOT cast and use it for the first Eclipsed DOT of the next Eclipse, then Healing Touch in Eclipse).

I'm not sure to be honest.
DoC would be something to do. I think I'll use some PvP pieces this time around to nuke my Haste rating as much. That being the case, what is the suggested DoC clipping?
(2 HT per eclipse) Cast to almost Eclipse, Healing Touch, Sunfire/Moonfire, Moonfire/Sunfire, Cast to almost leaving Eclipse, Healing Touch, Sunfire/Moonfire, Moonfire/Sunfire (or ignore this DOT cast and use it for the first Eclipsed DOT of the next Eclipse, then Healing Touch in Eclipse).
Last I heard two HT per eclipse and clipping right before leaving(and while NG is up) was best, but I can't say first-hand. I have a 85 copy that I've been testing with(good thing I can't throw away so I could test the new rotation at different gear levels!) and an 86 thats one bar away from 87 due to 87 being locked at the time that I've been too lazy to level.
08/20/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Tagartou
Last I heard two HT per eclipse and clipping right before leaving(and while NG is up) was best, but I can't say first-hand. I have a 85 copy that I've been testing with(good thing I can't throw away so I could test the new rotation at different gear levels!) and an 86 thats one bar away from 87 due to 87 being locked at the time that I've been too lazy to level.

Oh right. DoC is level 90.

This may be an issue. I'll just say "DOC goes HERE ↑" lol
Cyous, are you feeling it is ideal to wait for a lunar phase before recasting Macro 1 or would casting it in solar (if sooner from CD being able) be just as beneficial (depending on fight length, perhaps a 3rd full CD rotation)?
08/20/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Camhen
Cyous, are you feeling it is ideal to wait for a lunar phase before recasting Macro 1 or would casting it in solar (if sooner from CD being able) be just as beneficial (depending on fight length, perhaps a 3rd full CD rotation)?

Saving Macro1, as described in the video: Inc+NV, would better better used during Lunar Eclipse (with CA following your departure from said Lunar Eclipse). Solar does not have a Starfall equivalent. Lunar scales better with Haste (faster Starfire casts). Another way to describe the usage would be to "redo" your opener (minus the pre-Lunar Starfall).
ms

1000ms = 1sec (metric!)

Oh, because it has no units and you use seconds elsewhere, so I was confuzzled.

Anywho, just as an FYI to whoever reads this, I will *not* be doing an update for 5.0, though I might make a short post listing stat priorities and rotation changes and what not. Or we can just continue to have this conversation, which is awesome and helpful. But it's always nice to have everything in one post as opposed to spread out along several pages.

I *will* be working on a full update for level 90 PvE that I hope to have out no more than a few days after MoP comes out.
ms

1000ms = 1sec (metric!)

Oh, because it has no units and you use seconds elsewhere, so I was confuzzled.

Anywho, just as an FYI to whoever reads this, I will *not* be doing an update for 5.0, though I might make a short post listing stat priorities and rotation changes and what not. Or we can just continue to have this conversation, which is awesome and helpful. But it's always nice to have everything in one post as opposed to spread out along several pages.

I *will* be working on a full update for level 90 PvE that I hope to have out no more than a few days after MoP comes out.

Gonna be honest, I probably wouldn't be raiding as balance if it weren't for you. Thanks for all your work, and I plan on checking up in MoP :)

So you're not updating for MOP. But you're updating for MOP. Do you mean you're not updating for lvl85? That would make much more sense. In fact, I should assume this. But I'm not.

Regardless, your guide has definitely helped a lot of people learn to play. Thank you for putting forward the effort all these years. :)
So you're not updating for MOP. But you're updating for MOP. Do you mean you're not updating for lvl85? That would make much more sense. In fact, I should assume this. But I'm not.

x.0 is what the pre-release of the xpac is typically called. So, 5.0 = the time after the patch comes out but before the actual expansion is released.

So yeah, not gonna worry about the 4 weeks of level 85 OPness, other than some minor points that we've mostly already covered in our conversations here so that people aren't flailing around like headless chickens.

edit: sorry, forgot the obligatory SHUT UP YOU SUCK I HATE YOU comment.
08/23/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Eluial
edit: sorry, forgot the obligatory SHUT UP YOU SUCK I HATE YOU comment.

But...I...who...then...how...what?

Sounds like you need to buy some glitter, glow-in-the-dark body paint, shoes with wheels on the heel, and a few glowsticks strung to shoelaces, then go raving under black lights while stomping to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DACsuv_DOus
Sounds like you need to buy some glitter, glow-in-the-dark body paint, shoes with wheels on the heel, and a few glowsticks strung to shoelaces, then go raving under black lights while stomping to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DACsuv_DOus

Dude. I do. That was amazing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdEtWeThnVWx4X3NoT29ZRGJjbkxjS0E

Chart done for our 5.0 breakpoints
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdEtWeThnVWx4X3NoT29ZRGJjbkxjS0E

Oh wow, in later tiers, we'll be able to maintain 100% uptime on Nature's Grace....dem DOTs will be strong.

OK, I figured out why our numbers don't match. Our percentage-hastes at which a new tick comes are very slightly different, though they start to converge as you go up.

Anywho, I tried to do a little testing. The numbers I got are definitely wrong, but I can't get my gear close enough to 1589 to test yours. Meh.

So yeah, looking at that spreadsheet I went a totally different route -- I didn't even bother with tick intervals, I just tried to find the percent haste and went from there.

Anyway, thanks for that!