Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

Druid
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 Next
08/30/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Eluial
That looks good! It wasn't ready in time for raid last night, and I forgot to check for it afterward. Or is that still a beta version you're using?

RC3 -- beta
How much DPS have people been able to reach on the training dummies?

lvl85 - No Buffs (Moonkin Form + Aura)
39.3k @ 7:13min (17mil)

10,307 SP
1857 Haste
22.95% Crit
31.75% Mastery

10,307 SP
1857 Haste
22.95% Crit
31.75% Mastery

41.1K @ 4:55min (14.6mil

Buffs: MoTW, Alchemist Flask

11,164 SP
1995 Haste
24.58% Crit
31.36% Mastery
I did a couple no buffs 10 minute tests on tuesday:

1. 39.2k
2. 41.3k
3. 40.5k

So I guess around 40k dps unbuffed.

Stats:
10826 sp
27.63% crit
1617 mastery
1890 haste

I need to try again with power auras though, I'm sure my DoT uptime and SS usage could have been better.
I've barely had anytime to play - I hate how it just says "Reforged" on the item now instead of what the actual reforge is so I'm having some trouble reforging to get my haste down. Hopefully next week sometime I'll have time reforge to correctly. (After work, brains tired I don't want to look at numbers and think too much)

After hitting the dummies last night I was sitting around 40k (5 minute) sustained which I think is decent enough.

MOTW and Moonkin aura

Stats:

409ilvl
10853 SP
2006 Haste
22.43% 1607 Crit
28.20 Mastery

I'm thinking of definitely swapping to SotF just to be lazy and not have to worry about dots falling off etc. If they do fall off it'll only be 1s or so away from Eclipse. Is anyone else thinking of swapping to SotF?
08/30/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Sapient
I'm thinking of definitely swapping to SotF just to be lazy and not have to worry about dots falling off etc. If they do fall off it'll only be 1s or so away from Eclipse. Is anyone else thinking of swapping to SotF?

For leveling and instances and stuff, yeah, probably. For raiding, no.
If we are working across our bar lunar to solar and vice versa with our eclipsed dots, do we still continue the new practice of re-extending our eclipsed dots before leaving eclipse?

Thanks for your input and clarification.
Gerik

I don't know where that quote came from (I don't think it was something I wrote... was it?) so I'm unsure of the context. It's pretty unclear exactly when we should be clipping our eclipsed dots, especially with the extension mechanic. I don't have a good answer for this one.

Eluial, this is where Gerikdagrr got that from:

Prior to exiting Solar Eclipse, clip your DoTs:
Sunfire (if remaining duration <= 6sec)
Moonfire (if remaining duration <= 4sec)

and

Prior to exiting Lunar Eclipse, clip your DoTs:
Moonfire (if remaining duration <= 6sec)
Sunfire (if remaining duration <= 4sec)
Where do u guys find a place to hit target dummies where ur starfall is only hitting a single target?
08/31/2012 01:22 AMPosted by Angrybirdd
Where do u guys find a place to hit target dummies where ur starfall is only hitting a single target?
Unless something has changed you can't. Even if you are only in range of one target it automatically drops 2 stars per second on that target.
08/31/2012 04:21 AMPosted by Tagartou
Unless something has changed you can't. Even if you are only in range of one target it automatically drops 2 stars per second on that target.

Really? I didn't notice that on my (only) test.
Hey guys, um just a small question, I remember pre-patch we used insect swarm to activate NG at the start of an eclipse cycle, so I was wondering now that NG procs with the start of an eclipse, if there is still that GCD it takes before our dots are buffed with NG.

i.e. at 80 energy going into lunar eclipse, if we cast wrath followed by an immediate moonfire, will that moonfire be buffed by NG? I have a feeling it might not be but im not 100% sure

I'm not sure, I'd need to review some logs (I've had issues with Nature's Grace and Eclipse not displaying though I'm adding them to the conditionals in the Log Browser.)

I would say... No.
However, you can always spam Starfall first and avoid this whole situation :)

Adding:
Also...look at this updated PowerAurasClassic...I like what I see (over my character plate)
http://oi48.tinypic.com/531nol.jpg

What is the addon that shows those neat cooldown bars for CA and Incarnation above your portrait? :)
08/31/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Korlek
What is the addon that shows those neat cooldown bars for CA and Incarnation above your portrait? :)

PowerAurasClassic -- Unfortunately, the RC3 version (the one I use) is no longer avialable for download, including ALL BETA versions...not sure what's the reason, but yeah....not there. (Aug. 31)

as noted by:
look at this updated PowerAurasClassic

Been playing around with the new additions, it's pretty decent, though some options and functions need to be fixed/re-added. One of the newer features is a Timer Bar which uses a non-manipulative BlizzardArtBar (you can change the scaling, but not stretch and skew it.)
Off Topic:
Believe Power Auras...and I assume Power Auras Classic is being redone from scratch, since so much of the API changed

On Topic:

Ya / Nay: Keep Moonfire and Sunfire up at all times? Or should I only use one during their peroid (Solar: Sundire, Lunar: Moonfire)?

I have like half the SP (@5,463) so, it's hard to see if I'm doing my stuff right or screwing it up

10,307 SP
1857 Haste
22.95% Crit
31.75% Mastery
Looks like they fixed it and the dummy is only taking 1 star per second. It was a while ago that I logged it taking 2 and I haven't tested since then.

Anyways I logged 3 sessions with my gear right now, and 1 with H rathrak +H ledger

(DW:TR)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mhjzia6fmg0s4zml/sum/damageDone/?s=180&e=845
25.5 mil damage avg dps of 38.3k

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mhjzia6fmg0s4zml/sum/damageDone/?s=1201&e=1614
16.1 mil damage avg dps of 39.0k

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mhjzia6fmg0s4zml/sum/damageDone/?s=2035&e=2418
14.6 mil damage avg dps of 38.1k

(Rathrak)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mhjzia6fmg0s4zml/sum/damageDone/?s=3034&e=3306
10.5 mil damage avg dps of 38.7k
I was doing a DPS test on the dummies when my internet went out -.-

It was roughly 4 mins, because I used my CDs twice, not sure what total damage was, and I was in my current gear, no buffs at all. I was holding steady right around 39k at the end there. So, that seems to be around right with what everyone else is posting.

08/31/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Ivon
Ya / Nay: Keep Moonfire and Sunfire up at all times? Or should I only use one during their peroid (Solar: Sundire, Lunar: Moonfire)?

Both dots.
Have been running a bunch of variations on dot clipping
Unbuffed (only moonkin aura)

10,943 SP
1600 Haste
22.82% Crit
33.47% Mastery

Round 1 (Refresh eclipsed dot with <6s, uneclipsed <4 upon leaving):
45.3K (17.5MM - 386s fight - 2 complete cycles of Incarnation/CE)

Round 2 (same as #1)
43.0K (15.88MM - 369s fight, this was messy used 2nd Inc/CE during solar instead of lunar - noticed a huge dps difference)

Round 3 (just refresh eclipsed dot at beginning of eclipse, refresh uneclipsed when it falls off)
42.4K (17.47MM - 412s)

Round 4 (same as #3)
44.47K (17.34MM - 390s)

TLDR - didnt notice much of a dps difference between the 2 dotting methods although the 2nd method (rounds 3&4) seemed to lead to more refreshes outside eclipse when there were no SS procs during that segment. Since the dps numbers are not that different perhaps those cases where the dots were falling off between eclipses in rounds 3&4 were balanced by the cases in rounds 1&2 when I refreshed the dots upon leaving eclipse but would have hypothetically made it to the next eclipse anyway since i got lucky and had 2 or more SS procs during that segment.

Note that this fight was done on the testing dummies in Darnassus with few other players around. Pretty sure I was getting the full 20 stars on Starfall and my Cunning trink was proccing like crazy - it was doing 7% of my dmg + another 5% from Rathrak.

Taking out the extra 10 stars from Starfall (-1.26 MM), reducing the Cunning damage by 2/3 (0.8 MM) and reducing the Rathrak proc by 2/3 (0.6 MM) brings the average dps down by about 7K. So single target dps would be around 35K-38.5K unbuffed.

That seems about right - I did a 25m HM Ultra today that was very messy (mechanic and rotation-wise) and ended up doing around 43K - not great but not terrible either.

<3 PP
Self buffed (Motw + Haste Aura)
406 ilevel

10916 sp (WoU unstacked)
1780 haste (19.60%)
1549 crit (22.48% - WoU unstacked again)
1736 mastery (33.16%)

Starfall definitely hitting just the one target.

Average dps over 4x 10 min tests - 38.5k
Average dps over 3x 5 min tests - 42.1k

So roughly consistent with what everyone else seems to be getting.

Some tricks to min-max occurred to me as I was doing the tests. Let me know what you guys think. And please share anything else you might've picked up <3

I clipped dots the way

Prior to exiting Solar Eclipse, clip your DoTs: Sunfire (if remaining duration <= 6sec) Moonfire (if remaining duration <= 4sec)andPrior to exiting Lunar Eclipse, clip your DoTs: Moonfire (if remaining duration <= 6sec) Sunfire (if remaining duration <= 4sec)

said to, with one exception. In the Solar Eclipse prior to the Lunar where I know I'm going to be popping Incarnation, I clip sunfire at the end of solar no matter the duration remaining, and don't refresh it in lunar when it falls off, until it gets applied by casting Moonfire with CA up. This results in sunfire being down for only ~3 seconds, and saves me a gcd under Incarnation having to cast a non-eclipsed spell that will only be replaced by a far powerful version of it a few seconds later. I think this is a dps gain.

Also, when at the end of an Eclipse where you know you're going to be refreshing both your Dots, I'm fairly sure it's somewhat of a dps gain to cast the non-eclipsed one first. This causes the direct damage component of the Eclipsed spell to be buffed by a stack of Lunar shower.

Not very sure about this next one. When casting through Solar, at 50 energy and with a starsurge proc up, saving the starsurge proc for until you have 5 eclipse energy left from casting 3x wrath allows you to get in 1 extra eclipsed wrath than you would had you used that starsurge proc immediately. This does sound like a possible gain, although with how pathetic wrath is compared to starsurge right now, I suspect it might not be.
[22:11:17.205] Cyous Starsurge Hagara the Stormbinder *589234*
66183.9(DPSe) 74826.7(DPS)

Big numbers are big.

^.^
Was doing a steady ~39k, with my shoulder enchant, the alchemist's flask, motw, and the moonkin aura. Towards the end, I went down to ~37k because I messed up after CA, and continued to cast starfire, and was wondering why I was not getting into a new eclipse, when I should have been casting wrath. ):

10307 Spell Power
2005 (15.66%) Haste
1709 (22.99%) Crit
1444 (30.10%) Mastery

Wrath's damage disappoints me so much, lol. :c

A quick question, though. If I am in lunar eclipse, should I put up moonfire first? And same with solar eclipse, with putting up sunfire. I have been putting sunfire up first because it's in the same spot as insect swarm used to be, and I have the habit of putting it up first when reaching an eclipse. I've skimmed through the thread for it, and I think I might have completely passed over it.
So Belt of Universal Curing is still better then Girdle of the Grotesque with 5.0.4?