Patch 4.2: Rage of the Firelands Guide - 9/20

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
06/24/2011 05:26 PMPosted by Phreezie
So who's ready for the 12+ hours of downtime.

Awww thats the best time XD i can remember what its like to have a life ...
So what's the story on the cloth +spirit gear in new raids?
06/25/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Turyin
Well... Seeing as how you should have Heroic BoT/BWD gear by this stage in the game, I would say iLvl 365+.

I'd say full 353 should suffice as a base minimum. Mostly because one should be able to kill the first few bosses using the current 5-man heroic gear. Seeing as how the troll heroics were meant to come out along with Firelands, its safe to assume that one could get away with full 353 in firelands for a bit.
PvE'ers get their 1 week head start. I cant wait to get destroyed by someone with a firelands raid weapon the first week of S10.

06/24/2011 05:26 PMPosted by Phreezie
So who's ready for the 12+ hours of downtime....

They have actually been pretty good about that lately.
06/24/2011 05:32 PMPosted by Radkip
Anyways, sweet. Hopefully I'll have a crafted weapon shortly after the patch goes live and the whole -8% to Arms damage will be softened.

Hopefully 23 days counts as "shortly after the patch goes live" because the crafted weapon plans will be sold by vendors that need to be unlocked via the daily quests. Doing the daily quests EVERY day will take 23 days to unlock the first vendor.

Keep in mind also that because of the need for crafters to unlock one vendor at a time it'll likely be another two weeks after that before most smiths will have the plan. Couple that with the need for several orbs, expect to pay a hefty fee for the combine.

Enjoy!
Been lookin' forward to this patch since vanilla. Getting to fight Rags at full power is gonna be fun.
What's the Over/Under on when Ragnaros dies? I'm guessing 24 hours, depending on who gets the patch first, and how buggy the release is.

Not gonna happen, Firelands raid is HEAVILY gated. Will be at least a week maybe 2 before anyone steps foot in there.
06/24/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Ðeathsknight
So tuesday... So whats going on with vp's I heard there going to turn into jp's and the valor gear is going to the jp gear vendor, I also heard a rumor there gonna wipe all our points please respond to whats going to happen thanks!

So far, with every new tier patch thus far, all point systems are reset in order to balance the rate at which players get gear.

Correction: For the first time(as far as I can remember), they are simply converting the raid badges into dungeon badges. So, Your VP will be converted to JP up to the 4k cap, any additional badges will be converted to 47 silver each.
06/27/2011 07:39 AMPosted by Kageyasha
What's the Over/Under on when Ragnaros dies? I'm guessing 24 hours, depending on who gets the patch first, and how buggy the release is.

Not gonna happen, Firelands raid is HEAVILY gated. Will be at least a week maybe 2 before anyone steps foot in there.

My guild intends to be on Lord R on wednesday night. From my understanding, we have a PTR player in guild, is the the first two bosses will be availalable right away. We also have a mage diving into the legendary and am looking forward to the guild helping him get that.

I hope thats the case lol. Blizzard has done really well with the patch speed and reduced server downtime, barring a few hiccups. I hope a smooth transition ensues.

Jake
Funny how people keeps saying that the server won't be up at all Tuesday.... If I remember correctly I was playing when I got home from work at around 5pm CDT with 4.1. The last time I remember the servers being completely down for a day or more was the pre-release update for Cata back in October.

As far as 4.2 my guildies and I are seriously looking forward to the release.
I can not wait, RDY to go take down The FIRELORD again
Just a cursory curiosity here (and I looked around, didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, and search proved useless) but...

Come 4.2 and the new "addition" to the JP quarter master, will the JP costs of the current JP gear be adjusted?

Earthen Battleplate costs 2200p
Breastplate of Raging Fury also costs 2200p

Or is the intention to have the VP gear convert to an increased point cost (which I would rapidly see becoming an issue as the expansion advances what with the point cap on JP)?

I can't see how/why these two items exist with the same point costs though. I guess "wait and see" works I'm curious like I said.
Just a cursory curiosity here (and I looked around, didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, and search proved useless) but...

Come 4.2 and the new "addition" to the JP quarter master, will the JP costs of the current JP gear be adjusted?

Earthen Battleplate costs 2200p
Breastplate of Raging Fury also costs 2200p

Or is the intention to have the VP gear convert to an increased point cost (which I would rapidly see becoming an issue as the expansion advances what with the point cap on JP)?

I can't see how/why these two items exist with the same point costs though. I guess "wait and see" works I'm curious like I said.

From what i can remember the costs are just straight conversions. An item that costs 2200vp will cost 2200jp.
06/25/2011 07:47 AMPosted by Malaikat
Is there any prerequisite to unlock Fireland quests such as completing all Mount Hyjal quests? I hope that being level 85 is all I need.

Actually, to unlock Firelands, will need to complete Hyjal quests up to completing the Aessina ones. Can grind Hyjal in a couple hours to reach that point if you have not already. Personally, I think you have until 5 Jul to reach that goal since I dont think patch is coming this week. There have been no incremental downloads and with a new set of zones and raid I imagine there will be a few days of background patching offered in advance of actual patch.
06/27/2011 06:03 AMPosted by Isuckatthis
Dailies? no one likes dailies....

I do.

...And this is why Blizz hates Alliance....