Ask The Devs #10 - Damage Dealing (Answers)

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
This is getting friggin ridiculous. The developers NEED to respond to the hunter community. This is such I actually have no words anymore.

Everyone has problems, we hunters understand. But NONE of the hunter concerns were addressed and we continue to get ignored. YES this is the exact definition of Ignored. We are talking to a wall now on these Forums.
06/24/2011 09:07 AMPosted by Nayaga
Is this all that is being answered?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721582859
REALLY? you start out with four questions pertaining to shamans. Three of them are directly about enhancement, and the other one is about a totem.

You answer 3 questions directly about enhancement shamans, when elemental is the broken spec, and is the one that needs work.

Enhancement is FINE, we need to know what is going on with elemental.
06/24/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Morphgazum
I want them to justify the 4.2 Boomkin nerf.

The one that doesn't really do anything since you'll just not take Lunar Shower and/or use a /cancelaura Macro?

Oh yeah, that one.

Edit: Unless you're talking about PvP.
Sorry blizzard just expressing my opinion here but that was the most pathetic ask the devs I have ever seen. This topic had such immense potential and what it ended up bieng was a waste of 15mins for me.
REALLY? you start out with four questions pertaining to shamans. Three of them are directly about enhancement, and the other one is about a totem.

You answer 3 questions directly about enhancement shamans, when elemental is the broken spec, and is the one that needs work.

I would've loved to see elemental stuff...
That's it?!
Nearly 25 pages of shaman questions and that's all they answered?

Once again Blizzard is showing no love or thought toward us, just answer a couple of questions with some cop out answers and then stop.

At least you got some questions answered, unlike the entire Hunter community -_-.
The number of people who play DPS is several times greater than those who play tanks or healers. The damage dealing AtD filled up extremely quickly, and there were a lot of well-written questions. Taking all of that into account, what is the result?

Only a small amount of questions were answered, you'd think the amount of answers would be proportional to the amount of DPS players vs the amount of tanks/healers, but apparently that is not the case.

I'm happy that they at least addressed some Enhancement concerns, you guys have had it rough since the beginning. However, they just flat out ignored Hunters, Warlocks, and several other classes, in addition to ignoring something that concerns all dps: the current state of melee vs ranged.

Blizzard, this is unacceptable.

No need for infighting, Ele is bad, Enhance is bad. If we want to get anything changed we cannot squabble amongst ourselves regarding which spec needs it more, when our entire class' DPS is awful.
That's it?!
Nearly 25 pages of shaman questions and that's all they answered?

Once again Blizzard is showing no love or thought toward us, just answer a couple of questions with some cop out answers and then stop.

At least you got some questions answered, unlike the entire Hunter community -_-.

Define "answered." Again, most heartfelt concerns to the Hunter community, but we are in the same boat as you in regards to PvP. It's either resto or nothing, which is sad. No definite answer regarding anything IMO.
Top 3 issues for enhance...

AOE
Scaling
Absorbs

How on earth do you miss all three

I mean really, you even touched on MW but left out the absorb problem? I was hoping you would address all of them, but I never thought you would completely miss them all.
Wish they could've talked about how they were going to fix shaman AOE

It stands to reason that the "Best Mages in the world" would usually play the highest DPS spec. I know some of them will play what they like, no matter what, and make it work. But when they all play Fire and Arcane, there is a balancing issue with the damage.

Top end DPS players don't follow perception. They create it.

If Fire and Arcane do 1% more DPS than Frost, top-end raiders will predominantly choose those specs, even though it's only a difference of maybe 220 DPS. If you assume (as is reasonably the case) that these top-end raiders are also at the top-end of skill, gear, etc, that means that the top parses for Frost will be a group of players who aren't at that same tier of skill/gear/whatever, meaning that sites like stateofdps will show an even larger discrepancy between Fire/Arcane and Frost, maybe, say, 5%. Now, the group of players who min-max to 5% are speccing out of Frost, and the people left in Frost are even lower in comparisons of skill/gear/whatever, and the discrepancy grows.

What Blizz is correctly noting is that theorycrafters also create a metagame where certain specs are deemed "bad", which causes high-skill players to avoid that spec, reinforcing the original decision that a spec is "bad."
I would say that there were definately less questions answered than expected (probably due to shamans spamming the questions thread), but the answers themselves were much better than the tank answers. IMO, this has been the most honest and informative Q&A thread yet.

It wasnt perfect by any means, and they avoided the range vs. melee question... but overall, with the questions asked by the community, it was well done.
Understandably they didnt answer many questions people had for hunters,warlocks and what ever else it is you guys seem to be complaining about but be lucky that they decided to take time out of what they have to do to answer questions asked...... i really dont even know why you guys complain so much about what is what you play wow you can create and character you want they made leveling a character as easy as its ever gonna get if your gonna hate on your own class reroll then but untill then take what you will get from 4.2 and move on with it dont complain because changes arent what you want sorry community is a whole not one person