Resto PvE healing guide 6.2

Druid
Prev 1 17 18 19 22 Next
Thanks for this amazing guide. I just boosted a druid (resto/feral) from level 1 to level 90. I have never played a druid or healed before and I was totally clueless about what to do.
04/14/2014 10:45 PMPosted by Glitterollie
Thanks for this amazing guide. I just boosted a druid (resto/feral) from level 1 to level 90. I have never played a druid or healed before and I was totally clueless about what to do.

I hope you enjoy your druid! Resto healing can be super fun!
A question if I may?

Is the glyph 'efflorescence' still much needed, and favored to being used with 'mushrooms' instead of 'swiftmend'?
04/25/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Bruichladdie
A question if I may?

Is the glyph 'efflorescence' still much needed, and favored to being used with 'mushrooms' instead of 'swiftmend'?

Yes, it provides 100% uptime, and complete freedom w/ placement. Somethings swiftmend efflo doesn't provide
Thanks for Posting this!
Hi, have been playing on and off this expansion, and this toon has been a little neglected so a couple questions...

1. Is it worth breaking 4pc bonus for Warforged gear? I have a 536 tier helm and 553 tier chest for 4pc bonus, or I can equip + upgrade Warforged in those slots (which I currently have equipped for armory).

2. Is Rawr updated for 5.4? What optimization program(s) are everyone using to figure out item upgrades/reforges/gems? I heard people are using Ask Mr. Robot now, but I remember that site being rather inaccurate back in the day...

3. At what gear level should I be aiming for the 13k haste breakpoint? Right now I can hit 6k with gems/reforges, but I lose a LOT of mastery that way. Should I even bother with the 6k haste breakpoint?

Thanks for your help.
05/27/2014 10:52 PMPosted by Celista
1. Is it worth breaking 4pc bonus for Warforged gear? I have a 536 tier helm and 553 tier chest for 4pc bonus, or I can equip + upgrade Warforged in those slots (which I currently have equipped for armory).

Yes, the 4pc isn't that great. Especially when your healers are overgeared and it's a snipe-fest.

05/27/2014 10:52 PMPosted by Celista
3. At what gear level should I be aiming for the 13k haste breakpoint? Right now I can hit 6k with gems/reforges, but I lose a LOT of mastery that way. Should I even bother with the 6k haste breakpoint?

When you can get 13k haste, keep 12k spirit, and 4900 mastery (unbuffed) go for it. Until then stay at 3043 haste. Only go to the 6652 breakpoint if you're reforging out of pure spirit to get there (and you don't need the extra spirit)
Awesome, thanks for your help.
I have a question also. Which of the second tier (lvl 30) talents is best for a resto druid? I had been asking my server, but either I get someone trolling me, or they don't know what they are talking about.. Noxxic.com suggests the Cenarion Ward, but tons of ppl say not to even look at noxxic, in terms of specing, talents and glyphs because its horrible. But the gems, enchants and rotation are alright..
Use Ysera's Gift. It's free healing, and doesn't take up a keybind. Cenarion Ward is good for some clutch situations, but you (or the other healers) have better ways of mitigating/healing the tank's damage intake.
06/04/2014 05:37 PMPosted by Lavendes
I have a question also. Which of the second tier (lvl 30) talents is best for a resto druid? I had been asking my server, but either I get someone trolling me, or they don't know what they are talking about.. Noxxic.com suggests the Cenarion Ward, but tons of ppl say not to even look at noxxic, in terms of specing, talents and glyphs because its horrible. But the gems, enchants and rotation are alright..

Generally, Ysera's Gift is going to be the best choice. It's a free passive smart heal that scales based on your HP.

In some situations Cenarion Ward is okay. Only real time I've found it to be good was Heroic Nazgrim when he does Execute and Heroic Thok when we were single tanking it. Pretty much any situation where the tank will be taking a large single hit and you can get it up right before it so that hit triggers it. Beyond that, Ysera's Gift will be the better choice.
I have a question about Soul of the Forest usage... Can you explain exactly how you use it? Do you normally just Swiftmend off cooldown and use whichever spell (rejuv or wild growth) would be useful at the moment? Or if there is predictable raid damage coming, would you save swiftmend for a SotF wild growth?
06/11/2014 05:13 PMPosted by Drucuru
I have a question about Soul of the Forest usage... Can you explain exactly how you use it? Do you normally just Swiftmend off cooldown and use whichever spell (rejuv or wild growth) would be useful at the moment? Or if there is predictable raid damage coming, would you save swiftmend for a SotF wild growth?

Well if there's predictable raid Damage happening you can hold off on it for a few seconds (such as a Whirling Corruption on Garrosh). But generally there's enough damage going out to either a group or a tank to merit a SoTF WG or SoTF Rejuv every 15 seconds.
Hey Druidboii. I've started to read some of your posts here and think you have a good understanding of druids.

I too also help other druids, but I do it mainly via Icy-Veins. I wrote a small guide on how to use AMR for Resto and how to use Warcraft Logs to analyze what you're doing.

I would love if you could give it a look through and provide feedback on the thread. Maybe we can help each other with something we both didn't know or something.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3924-resto-how-to-itemize-and-analyze-your-druid/
06/19/2014 06:16 AMPosted by Krazyito
Hey Druidboii. I've started to read some of your posts here and think you have a good understanding of druids.

I too also help other druids, but I do it mainly via Icy-Veins. I wrote a small guide on how to use AMR for Resto and how to use Warcraft Logs to analyze what you're doing.

I would love if you could give it a look through and provide feedback on the thread. Maybe we can help each other with something we both didn't know or something.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3924-resto-how-to-itemize-and-analyze-your-druid/

I'll check it out tonight!
06/19/2014 06:16 AMPosted by Krazyito

great advice

at this point, I'm shifting into Alpha testing for Warlords.
So, I'm not posting on my druid because his gear is kind of embarrassing, since I'm transitioning from balance to resto, but I have a question. I keep reading about moving the shroom, but how do you do it? Do you just recast it or am I missing something painfully obvious? Also, I remember way back when I healed Kara that resto had an actual tree form. Why did it get removed?
So I did some reading and found out about the tree form. Kind of sucks, it feels weird to be doing something as a druid and not be in a different form.