Resto PvE healing guide 6.2

Druid
Post Limit:
Prev 1 7 8 9 22 Next
hi i wanna start healing ds ect what heals should i be useing and when?
This isn't a "brown nosing" post but I really did want to express gratitude for Lissanna's contribution with regards to restoration druid-ism. It gives me a way to explore my druid and the healing capabilities of the class while keeping things a little more open and less formal than some other guides I've seen (like you find at EJ)

I probably won't raid at the highest tier so much of the end-game portion of this guide probably won't interest me but I still read them and think about the playstyle of my druid and how best to refine it so that I can get into "good habits" and not have to make too much adjustments if I do find myself (on the rare ocassion) in a pug situation.

/kudos
Hey Potluck, the guide is written as much for people running 5-mans and LFR as it is for people playing normal & hard modes. It's meant to be general advice applicable to many different definitions of what PvE end-game looks like. :)
Run speed on your boots matters because most raids have bosses that make you run, and getting where you want to be faster is always good.

longtime Priest lurker/recent priest forum poster popping by to say tyvm for the guide; both for my own levelling resto druid and to help my raid's co-healer on H Yor <argh>....

and finally... FIREFLY ftw ... I never ever log on without mine summoned :)

Ever.
Run speed on your boots matters because most raids have bosses that make you run, and getting where you want to be faster is always good.

longtime Priest lurker/recent priest forum poster popping by to say tyvm for the guide; both for my own levelling resto druid and to help my raid's co-healer on H Yor <argh>....

and finally... FIREFLY ftw ... I never ever log on without mine summoned :)

Ever.

yay!

I had to turn off my signature this week 'cause my blog is down for maintenance and so I didn't want to be posting the link around. It'll be back up soon so maybe I can turn my signature back on soon again. :)
I am new to healing !
02/15/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Pawer
I am new to healing !

welcome to healing! I hope you are having fun! I have some hints for lower level healers in the druid leveling sticky. :)
Very useful guide, thank you for writing it.

Odd question: How does the Furor talent stack up against Spirit in terms of mana regen? In other words, if/when I find myself with ample mana regen (obviously not the case in my current gearset, this toon just dinged yesterday) would it make more sense to reforge away Spirit or change my spec from 8/2/31 to 10/0/31?

Oh also, is 65 Haste to bracers really better than 50 Intellect? It's not true for my other healer toons.
With the bracer enchant, Hamlet's guide on EJ says to go for 50 int.

The question of whether to change gear or spec for lowering your regen is a question that I'm not sure I could answer. I might have to send you to EJ for the math on that. :)
Hi, I want to increase my healing output in my guild DS 25m heroic runs. I have 2 healing specs, one for more stack, AoE raid healing, and one spec for more mobility and dispelling.

I want to know what you guys think about my gear, reforging and if keeping spirit instead of reforging to mastery is a better option. I used to run a spec like this..
7/3/31
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hbbZcZMfzId0ruouo

I find myself ending at high amounts of mana all the time and I don't think my healing output is as great as it should be. So I recently have been going into the Genesis talents instead of Furor.
For more stack, no-dispel, and more AoE raid healing (with my gear), do you think it would be better to go as this spec..
10/0/31 with 3 in genesis
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hfbZZrfzhbcru0uo

or do you guys think differently.. I believe going into nature's bounty is better with the t13 4pc being sometimes double rejuv/regrowth. do you think blessing of the grove is worth 4% rejuv, or using living seed(in my mind is for tank healing).

for the mobility/dispel spec.. im looking at
10/0/31
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZMfuhd0ruouo

any tips or suggestions, tell me, I would rather know than let them pass by.

_____
found what i needed, thanks.
Hey feather, I tend to not check this thread every day, so when you have specific questions about your spec & gear, it's better to start your own thread. Sorry!
I BRING SALMON!
03/02/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Bakedsalmon
I BRING SALMON!

Oh hai
I like the first spec, except i took the points from perseverance and put them into living seed, and took the points out of moon glow and put them into furor. I figure having 10% more mana is better than using 6% less. Also 6% damage reduction isn't a whole lot, sure that 6% could possibly be the difference between death and living, but if its coming down to 6% health, there are probably other ways to fix that, especially since 6% of my health is only 8k hp, and also that that 6% is only for magic damage.

Just my 2 cents. Great guide though, helped me out a lot.
Moonglow actually beats Furor at math on longer fights, and longer fights are the time when you need better mana resources.
It may sound a bit weird, but if you only have 2 points to put between Furor and Moonglow, 2 points in Furor is better than 2 points in Moonglow. However, if you have 3 points, then 3 points in Moonglow is better than 3 points in Furor. This is because Furor scales down a bit as you have more points in it while Moonglow scales up with more points.

Ideally, it is still more optimal and effective to take all the points out of Genesis, then put 3 in Moonglow and 2 in Furor.
thanks
Hi guys ive been getting healing OS gear to the point i got T13 2 set bonus...So i'm thinking as off specing as resto however i have never healed in my entire WoW life time (3 years). I need lots of tips because i am now running HoT's to fully gear up my Off spec while queueing as dps