Holiday Bag Hotfix

General Discussion
We’re going to be applying a hotfix soon to remove holiday-specific bags when the holiday period ends. The specific bags in question are:

Loot-Filled Pumpkin (Hallow’s End)
Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest (Brewfest)
Satchel of Chilled Goods (Midsummer Fire Festival)
Heart-Shaped Box (Love is in the Air)

These bags will only exist while their holiday is active, and when the holiday ends they will be removed. This is to resolve an exploit revolving around keeping these bags beyond the holiday period to re-roll their contents.

You’ll want to be sure to open and remove the contents of any holiday bags before the holiday ends. If you still have any bags from previous holiday events they'll be removed when this hotfix goes live.
Can we please fix the god awful drop rate on the frost pet for Midsummer festival, please or make him purchasable.

One big problem with the bags is this : We get one chance a day and before the bags we had multiple chances with more people. Perhaps allow us to queue as many times as we want or something like 5 times a day to get 5 bags a day.

For example the drop rate on Love Rocket: like 1 in 10,000 - this is unreasonable even the rarest of mounts are less forgiving then this drop rate.
We’re going to be applying a hotfix soon to remove holiday-specific bags when the holiday period ends. The specific bags in question are:

These bags will only exist while their holiday is active, and when the holiday ends they will be removed. This is to resolve an exploit revolving around keeping these bags beyond the holiday period to re-roll their contents.

You’ll want to be sure to open and remove the contents of any holiday bags before the holiday ends. If you still have any bags from previous holiday events they'll be removed when this hotfix goes live.

Translation: We are nerfing more fun and witty technique because we gave you the ability to dance in combat back. You must sacrifice. Starting with your [Haunted Momento] which no longer haunts you with a ghost, and cannot be thrown. ..except away, since it no longer does anything at all. NERF FUN! IRON FIST! BLIZ FTW!
Could these loot bags ever be made to bind to battle net account?
Can we please fix the god awful drop rate on the frost pet for Midsummer festival, please or make him purchasable.

One big problem with the bags is this : We get one chance a day and before the bags we had multiple chances with more people. Perhaps allow us to queue as many times as we want or something like 5 times a day to get 5 bags a day.

For example the drop rate on Love Rocket: like 1 in 10,000 - this is unreasonable even the rarest of mounts are less forgiving then this drop rate.
^ this. Instead of nerfing some useless stuff do this.

Translation: We are nerfing more fun and witty technique because we gave you the ability to dance in combat back. You must sacrifice. Starting with your [Haunted Momento] which no longer haunts you with a ghost, and cannot be thrown. ..except away, since it no longer does anything at all. NERF FUN! IRON FIST! BLIZ FTW!
^ oh and this. So much this. Dont make me unleash a list of all the fun items you nerfed, blizzard. And I dont even have the full list but I guess players wouldnt mind to reminds you all the fun stuff you nerfed.
Any more fun you want to nerf in the game?
Do Christmas gifts apply to the hotfix also?

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Mine work. All 23 of them.
06/29/2011 07:15 PMPosted by Bomdanil

Mine work. All 23 of them.

Mine also work. All four of them.
Can we fix the abysmal droprate on the frost scythe? third year in a row and no scythe in my holiday bags on any of my casters, meanwhile I keep seeing melee in my groups get it. Either that or just change the stats and make it a melee weapon.
06/29/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Nightsbane

Please! I've been playing for 3 years, this is my 4th fire fest, & I don't have either the scortchling or frostling!

Up the droprate please! :(
Whiel alst year I was deployed when frigid frostling came out and due to a lack of "hey new pets coming" I wasnt able to prepare a family member to log into my account and try for it. 3% drop rate on the frigid frostling is pathetic. Its one of 2 pets I have left to obtain. Make it so we can purchase these pets and mounts from the vendor during the holiday by using the holiday items we get such as burning blossom for this one and such.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm so disappointed to hear that Blizzard now considers this behavior an "exploit" rather than what it really is: good old fashioned fun! What was the harm of having a Halloween mask out during the winter or riding my broom during Children's Week?

I used my last broom no more than two weeks ago and I was eagerly awaiting Hallows End to get a new supply. If this was Martin Fury I would understand. But I don't see how this is an exploit.

I don't think I've even been just so plain disappointed in a patch note before. Sour Pusses :-P

Fixing an exploit isn't the same thing as nerfing fun. Exploits are players taking advantage or cheating the system. There is nothing witty about that.
Im sad I had some bags saved, and thought hey ill open em up before i lose whats in them. I hadnt played in months. Log in and the bags are already gone =(
06/29/2011 09:02 PMPosted by Killercaitie

Please! I've been playing for 3 years, this is my 4th fire fest, & I don't have either the scortchling or frostling!

THE SCORCHLING WAS NINJA'd FROM THE LOOT BAGS AND PUT INTO THE NEW MOLTEN FRONT DAILIES!

woot.... now to just farm them >.>
06/30/2011 12:02 AMPosted by Nightbladé
Fixing an exploit isn't the same thing as nerfing fun. Exploits are players taking advantage or cheating the system. There is nothing witty about that.

"Taking advantage" can be subjective. Yes, the brooms give an advantage that everyone else does not have - to be able to insta-mount. (other than druids, which have it all the time.) What is the big deal in delaying the use of one? If you get more than one, I suppose it means that instead of them stacking and being useless, they now allow you to use it longer. This was not Blizzard's intention. It also gives an advantage to those that were lucky and were around for that one holiday.

Personally, I think it's kind of crappy to eliminate the temporary elimination of that advantage that druids have. It's great for getting gathering done, or maybe other tasks that require a lot of travel with frequent stops, such as the flames for midsummer festival or the trick or treating for hallowed eve.

super-duper expert riding training: insta-mount. 100,000 gold.
06/29/2011 09:02 PMPosted by Killercaitie

I understand both sides of the argument, and while I don't really think you can make any change without deciding that one side is less right, I think a dynamic drop rate would fix this. (increases with unsuccessful attempts, although at what point, by how much, and to what limit need to be decided.)
No one should still be trying to get anything for 4 or 5 years. Unlucky for one or two years, maybe, after that just pay up.
06/29/2011 07:04 PMPosted by Reversebank
Do Christmas gifts apply to the hotfix also?

The specific bags in question are: