Explanation of 371 honor gear...

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 51 Next
How about Blizzard actually do the smart thing and make the 371 gear buyable with the 365 gear? And make it actually look good. We had vicious to start with? Why do we want to -downgrade- to bloodthirsty graphics?
So many babies, no one is forcing you to get the 371 if you already have 365. The gear isn't going to change how you play let alone your skill level.
Wow im so lost . Let me get this right.S9 is gone now there S10 a little better but look the same?what happened to new Cont.Did pve get new gear?im not trying to troll i just havent played in a while and it seems blizz got lazy maby? Why doesnt the S10 look like the conquest gear i thought that was how they were gonna do it .Sorry just confused

When have they ever mentioned something like this before. 99% of the information that we get about this game comes from ptr and datamining, and from what i recall, 371 vicious gear was datamined.

How about every patch note since they started doing this?
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/182441/rage-of-the-firelands-patch-42-notes-updated-6-28

PvP Items & Rewards
Applicable Season 9 items now cost Honor Points.
Gladiator Weapons
Season 10 Conquest Point weapons will only be purchasable once a required minimum sum of Conquest Points has been reached during the current season. For example, Ruthless Gladiator's Pike costs 3400 Conquest Points to purchase. However, players must first earn a total of 7800 Conquest Points during Season 10 before they are able to purchase it.
Season 9 Honor Point weapons will only be purchasable once a required minimum sum of Honor Points has been reached during the current season. For example, Vicious Gladiator's Pike costs 3400 Honor Points to purchase. However, players must first earn a total of 7250 Honor Points during Season 10 before they are able to purchase it.
Once the minimum sum of points required to purchase weapons is reached, all available weapons can be purchased for their listed costs. The point requirement is not reset once a purchase is made.
Weapon tooltips from the vendor will let players know how many more Conquest or Honor Points must be earned in the current season before the item can be purchased.

Boy, that looks like the perfect place to include this type of information to me...
Yeah, since there's quite a few of us that grinded BGs to get the new gear, we should be allowed to trade in the gear we grinded for, and a small amount of honor, to upgrade them to the low end PvP gear now.

I'm sorry. That just makes sense. I should delete that comment so it doesn't create any problems.
I'd also like to point out that I had 4000 honor and 1300 conquest on my alt at the end of S9 because you said we could go over the cap for a week. Well, I lost my 1300 conquest because you didn't implement that correctly. Then I grind honor for a week to get most of his gear, then today you make all that obsolete.

Whoever is in charge for PVP does a pretty good job of making it clear that you do not care one bit.
07/05/2011 02:13 PMPosted by Milkshaké
So many babies, no one is forcing you to get the 371 if you already have 365. The gear isn't going to change how you play let alone your skill level.

200 agility doesn't matter?

200 stamina doesn't matter?
Hey guys we heard you liked grinding bgs for gear so we placed a grind in your grind so that when you finish your grind for gear you can grind again.
Or something like that.
Great idea by Blizz.

If you are too lazy to refarm hp, then you continue to enjoy a viable set of 365 gear that is more than respectible.

Or, if you prefer to grind hp again - at least now there is a reason to head back into bgs and pick up a small upgrade.

Nice balance and GJ Blizz. Cheers!

Nice spin control!
You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

New basic transition flow:

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

lol.... so what about that blue post that said you wouldn't have to regrind honor this season if you already had full conquest gear from last season?

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

I don't even pvp and I'm pretty irked by how this was handled by Blizz. This is the kind of announcement you make before the patch drops so there are no mistakes made by either the players or the devs, not after all the damage has been done. It's just plain sloppy, and isn't to be expected of a company like Blizzard. There's of course the usual "We learn from experience, try again next time" cover up line but there's been far too much of this throughout cata...as a Blizz fan it's really pretty depressing :(
07/05/2011 02:13 PMPosted by Milkshaké

It's not about the gear, well for me it isn't, it's about the way, no longer deserves a Cap-->blizz went about it in secrecy to just have us grind again and again!
It doesn't make a lick of sense to have the S9 Conquest gear available for only one week, just to remove it a week later.

The ONLY people who will buy it are those that are ignorant of how it works, and they'll be angry the week after. Thus, you'll have a copy of this post each and every season reminding you of how... broken it is.

And lets not even discuss the fact that the S9 weapons remained in game @ ilvl 359. because removing only part of the S9 gear makes sense.

Its jut going to cause us to get to our JP cap in that week between seasons and then simply NOT PLAY - its a waste to spend the points, so we'll just keep them and be bored for the week, and then immediately resume gearing up when the season starts

Try again, Blizz.
So does the lower tier of season Y look like Bloodthirsty for the rest of time?

I bought Season 10 Vicious, but it just looks like Bloodthirsty (season 9 blue).
07/05/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
I see a lot of people defending the 371 honor set as "well documented" and happening "every patch for 7 seasons" and other similar comments and felt an impetus to explain to those individuals why the 371 set does not fall within expected, documented, or historical context.

You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

This is a huge screw up, something that is becoming the norm this expansion. I hope you aren't trying to convince yourselves that it's fine. In a normal business this would be a disaster, luckily for you people are crazy about WoW and what they will put up with.

You have everyone who got S9 vicious through conquest points during the season that now has to regrind every single piece minus weapons. Worse is the folks that spent their 4th of July weekend busting their butt in BGs and spending gold on gems and enchants to gear up ... for gear that is now obsolete.

If people had known about the S10 vicious gear for honor ahead of time, well that's World of Warcraft. I think by now we are all accustomed to having our gear rendered obsolete every few months. The way it was done though, it was just a colossal waste of everyone's time.
I might have been able to stomach this if they had at least made the new 371's the same skin as 365 vicious...
07/05/2011 02:17 PMPosted by Trixiepants
Account canceled. Thanks, Blizz!

LMFAO.

Enjoy paying for you reused content and items.

Some people spent a lot of time farming the 365 gear and paid a ton of gold to gem and enchant it to have Blizz release a better 371 set a week later.

Have fun with your game lol.