Battle.net Authenticator Changes(Cont. #13)

Technical Support
Prev 1 15 16 17 19 Next
If they wont listen here.. .blow up the customer service phone # 1-800-592-5499
why wait for blizzcon where u gotta pay to get an answer?

Would also suggest posting what answers u get in here so notes can be compared and see if they get caught in multiple stories.

If anything goes down at blizzcon it should be recorded and posted on Blizz's facebook (should also spam that as well) as well as youtube.

Watch them ban me for saying this. No skin off my nose tho.. my account has been inactive since the 8th of july.

because we already tried the calling, the same answer 50 times from some phone-monkey with a script gets you nowhere

money talks, and mine says bye Blizzard
You would think they would have said something by now.... At least addressed the concerns...

well, as Blizzard isn't listening/commenting yet

deleted 1 char
/gquit the 3 lvl 85s and the 1 lvl 75

Heh I did the same thing. Still trying to get rid of the guild I had that I was using as a guild bank. But noone wants it because its only a level 1 guild.... Sheesh...

same, so he'll keep it... won't matter much

I was almost tempted to delete all the chars
Well it looks like this thread is beginning to die a slow death. As players who canceled their accounts stop posting, and other just plain give up.
07/20/2011 05:02 PMPosted by Ewing
Well it looks like this thread is beginning to die a slow death. As players who canceled their accounts stop posting, and other just plain give up.

Blizzard won by attrition of not posting?, or were all the fanbois their alts sent to deter us till we quit

I still lay odds some dev = 'Susan' and authenticators were cutting into the stolen gold(safer to hack accts then to 'create' gold as most games GM/Dev commands are tracked
Ghostcrawler are you 'Susan'?
Apparently recommending an authenticator by saying:
Although they arguably offer less security in some circumstances than they did in the past, an account with an authenticator is still a lot less likely to get compromised than an account without one.

Is “trying to drum up fear” by stating my personal opinion “as a way to bait the other side into a debate.”

Whereas:
An Authenticator is no more secure or less secure than when they were first introduced.

Is an indisputable fact and not an opinion.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2838624203

I don’t like derailing threads, and continuing the discussion over there would have done so as well as having involved facts and opinions we are not supposed to post outside this thread. But even as far as it went it illustrates the fact that most people who haven’t read these threads really are unaware of the issues raised here and will continue to be.

It’s to the point where this thread is offering very little new information and I doubt any information from it is or for a while has been being passed on by the CMs to development or management, assuming much ever was.

At this point I assume that the opt-out option is either not being considered at all or is on a low priority “if time permits” list of possible changes where it will languish for the foreseeable future.

Hope I’m wrong of course but don’t think I am; I was apparently wrong when I assumed Activision Blizzard would eventually respond in some way to the concerns expressed in the threads.
An Authenticator is no more secure or less secure than when they were first introduced.

Due to all the theory and testing put forward by people in these 13 threads so far, I would say it's proven they are less secure than they were when first introduced.
Now that the authenticator is only needed some of the time it makes it twice as annoying as when it was needed all of the time.
07/20/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Tomten

While this is Blizzard's main line on this, they have admitted that Authenticators no longer offers protection, from "Domestic Compromises." Therefore they are less secure than when they were first introduced.
Personally I never found the Mobile Authenticator intrusive. I liked having it there. It takes what an extra 5-10 seconds to key it in big deal. I vote to bring it back and leave it the way it was.. Like others have said above some people live with roommates, some have a wireless connection networked even if locked someone can still try and wardrive a wireless account and hack in to their IP address. This move to no longer request the code if logging in from the same location is a stupid idea and needs to be reverted back asap.
07/21/2011 04:18 PMPosted by Mordollwen
Personally I never found the Mobile Authenticator intrusive. I liked having it there. It takes what an extra 5-10 seconds to key it in big deal. I vote to bring it back and leave it the way it was.. Like others have said above some people live with roommates, some have a wireless connection networked even if locked someone can still try and wardrive a wireless account and hack in to their IP address. This move to no longer request the code if logging in from the same location is a stupid idea and needs to be reverted back asap.

As I have said before before the only complaints I have ever seen, about having to enter the code every time, were from players who were really complaining about the increase of disconnects, after previous patches. So instead of addressing the real problem of the DCs, Blizzard addressed the minor annoyance, of having to re-authenticate when logging back in after one.
07/22/2011 09:58 AMPosted by Ewing

As I have said before before the only complaints I have ever seen, about having to enter the code every time, were from players who were really complaining about the increase of disconnects, after previous patches. So instead of addressing the real problem of the DCs, Blizzard addressed the minor annoyance, of having to re-authenticate when logging back in after one.

And apparently the annoyance of having to get up turn on the light, push the button, put in the code, then get up, turn off the light. Don't know about them but the glow of the monitor is enough light for me.
07/22/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Anshahak

And apparently the annoyance of having to get up turn on the light, push the button, put in the code, then get up, turn off the light. Don't know about them but the glow of the monitor is enough light for me.

1st playing in the dark is bad for the eyes.

2nd How do they see the keyboards if they need to?
07/22/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Ewing

This.
07/22/2011 07:48 PMPosted by Gallante

This.

A good professional level typist does not need to look at the keyboard for the most part. However even they have to look at it from time to time. Also I do not think most of us are high level typists.
What, this thread's still here, Good grief. still complaining i see. Walks off again
07/23/2011 01:39 AMPosted by Galedrial
What, this thread's still here, Good grief. still complaining i see. Walks off again

You call it complaining. I call it demanding answers. See ya...

Anyway...

Guess blizzard wins by default. My time ends tomorrow and still not a damn word. I wont be renewing and highly doubt I will ever use another blizzard product. Nor will I ever recommend them to anyone.

I see they have also removed the original thread here and reposted it in the CS forum by someone other than the original poster....
That's your loss then. goodluck in any future mmorpg
Does anyone know how to get hold of the development team? As in work phone numbers and such? CS shoved us off onto them, so I'd rather like to speak directly to the ones taking the blame.

Sounds like I'm going to be speaking with CS as well. Someone I know is going on a business trip and they had to borrow a laptop so they could keep up with dailies. Borrowed laptop + public hotel internet connection = me spending a few hours on the phone with CS seeing if they can remove a computer from the trusted computers file once the trip is over. Why am I the one spending the time on the phone? Because I can and HAVE spent three hours on the phone with a company's CS without blowing up and screaming at someone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How did it come to this..."
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674980195?page=26
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743697739?page=16
07/23/2011 05:36 AMPosted by Vallira
I see they have also removed the original thread here and reposted it in the CS forum by someone other than the original poster....

You. Are. Correct. Fffffffffffffffffffff! I thought at first that you simply couldn't find it until I glanced at my saved tabs (Firefox page pinning ftw!) and yup, "This topic has been deleted.
Click here to return to the forums." Well F you too, Bliz. At least the others are (for the moment) still intact.