New Battle Chest and Free TBC Upgrade

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Haven’t yet ventured beyond the Dark Portal? Beginning today, June 28, players will be able to get both the original World of Warcraft and the game’s first expansion set, The Burning Crusade, for only $19.99 as part of the new digital Battle Chest now available in the online Blizzard Store.

In addition, anyone who owns the original World of Warcraft, regardless of when they purchased the game, will automatically be able to access all of the content and features from The Burning Crusade expansion at no additional cost. It’s time to set forth from Azeroth, adventurer -- Outland awaits!
Is this one of those unforseen mistakes that can't be undone?

If so I'm glad to see a favorable one. :)
Level 60 players, who have no intention of going past lvl 60 but don't notice their bar filling till it's too late, might not see it that way
I approve of this. Getting twink gear because I couldn't do anything else was boring
So this is why BC was half price all month long? :P
Yay! About time. I thought that it should've been done this way ever since Wrath released.

Vanilla WoW is dead (so stop asking)! Long live WoW.
i was planning to buy bc next month..
06/28/2011 02:56 PMPosted by Bigie

Well, you just saved $20-$30.

This is a good thing, not a bad thing. :P

My friends were going to get it for me today or tomorrow. They just saved themselves $10.
Will this upgrade to BC include the free WoW that Veteran players have given as a gift to someone (the recent email code). Just wanting verification, but I am going to assume that it is yes.

Why do you sound so disappointed?

If it helps, I'm sure you can find it on sale SOMEWHERE still, and you can pretend to apply the code.
/cheers!

I think it's a good thing to do. Irritated some twinks though.
Well this explains why BC was recalled.
Question: will BC required to activate wotlk and cataclysm?

Assuming you had an old account that never upgraded, would you just need to buy wotlk and cata?
06/28/2011 02:50 PMPosted by Kozakura
Level 60 players, who have no intention of going past lvl 60 but don't notice their bar filling till it's too late, might not see it that way
they can always turn xp off for 10g
I'm just curious as to why Cataclysm's cheaper than Wrath.
06/28/2011 02:50 PMPosted by Kozakura

And everyone else should care because...?
if they cant see a purple bar going up over the course of an hour most likely more esp since bg xp is minimal they have no right to complain its your own fault if you cant notice that you magically have an xp bar again
So what about people who happened to buy a copy of Burning Crusade yesterday before this news? Is that box coming from UPS useless now?
Wow, I was wondering about that, lol.

Damn though, I bought Burning Crusade when it went on sale for the holiday, and planned on adding it when I was good and ready. Now I find out I got it for free, and I have a useless, unused Burning Crusade account code. Some warning would have been nice.

(What about all the stores with the boxes still on the shelves, I wonder?)

06/28/2011 04:04 PMPosted by Elaeni
So what about people who happened to buy a copy of Burning Crusade yesterday before this news? Is that box coming from UPS useless now?

Also, this.

Sorry to sound ungrateful, this is just very sudden, and makes me wonder if it was done intentionally or if it's Blizzard reacting to a bug that accidentally gave everybody BC.