WoW is not opening after pressing "Play"

Technical Support
When I press the World of Warcraft icon on my desktop the launcher appears. I downloaded the new patch. However when I press play nothing happens. When I open up the Task Manager, World of Warcraft is not under the applications tab. When I open up the World of Warcraft repair it says that it can't repair with the World of Warcraft launcher open. I have Windows 7. Thanks.
Yeah I been having the same problem ever since the patch.
I run the icon on desktop (Launcher) as administrator -> Says world of warcraft is up to date ----> click Play and the launcher closes ...... then that's it, no WoW process, only launcher process, almost as if the launcher isnt .. wait for it.. launching? lolfail.
Me too after I downloaded 4.2 it won't go pass play I try Repair it said "Working as Intended"! As they say TY for your free money to not able play the game! Figures I'll check out 4.2 come back boooom Blizzard just takes my money laughing!
same here BUMP!
Same here, I got in once, quit to fix addons / use a tunnel (I'm from Aus). And I cant get back in.

No processes to kill, so I restarted my PC. That didn't work either. I might try restart / no tunnel service and see if that helps.

Probably not. :(
i'm haveing this problem as well. as long as you've got wow to a playable state, you can go into your world of warcraft folder and bypass the launcher by opening the folder "WoW.exe" or just WoW if you don't have extensions showing. this should bring you up to the log in page, hope this helps

*edit for clarity, and spelling, which is probably still horrible.
I am having the same problem, when I click play the launcher disappears but wow.exe does not launch. (I also use a tunnel from Australia, but the same problem results with or without it running.)

Launcher.exe is remaining active in task manager and is utilising about 23,000k of memory.

Executing wow.exe from the wow folder is working as a work-around for now.

[Tried deleting cache/wtf/interface folders and disabling curse client. ran the launcher, wow launched once, when I exited and tried again wow didn't launch again. Tried re-deleting the folders and doing it again, logged in twice successfully then wow wouldn't launch again. Restored my original folders since the problem with the launcher was not permanently resolved.]
Same - Bump -
Have any of you had any more luck with logging into wow? I bum out after entering my password, it only brings up the regions screen. It's also a lot slower than before.
Same Problem.

i'm haveing this problem as well. as long as you've got wow to a playable state, you can go into your world of warcraft folder and bypass the launcher by opening the folder "WoW.exe" or just WoW if you don't have extensions showing. this should bring you up to the log in page, hope this helps

*edit for clarity, and spelling, which is probably still horrible.

Thanks so much. Xnemy, you're awesome!
Same happening to me anyone fixed it yet ? i really wanna play lols
same problem here, do u have a fix for this? i click play and after 5min or so wow opens and the EULA contract is there everytime now =T thats prety anoying every time i login =T
Finally! Someone made a post about this. I am having the same issue also. Im just doing the work around for now as listed above.
Im having the same problem as well. I could log in just fine first thing this morning and now nothing
>.< Gah the same is happening here, ive never had this problem.
I had the problem where the patch wouldnt download ( could not detected launcher )
well anyway i by passed that my running comp in safe mode, networking, patch installed,

Now preety much the same as everyone else, Wow launcher opens, i click play nothing happens, i see the wow icon go on the task bar then it quickly dissapeares. it also isnt in my task manager. Done a repair says everything is fine - delted all my addons - cleared my WTF!!! folder,

Oh and also i can not skip the launcher by going into my wow folder, coz i click on the wow application and once again nothing happens

But yeh im stumped its just annoying my house mate comp works fine >.<
Same issue on this side.. Seems to be hit or miss.
Same

I deleted my WTF folder and got back in but as soon as the critical what ever they are called files where installed i could not load from the launcher, and when i do get in i am getting disconnected, With or without tunneler (Aus)

OOoo and i have done Repair and even a System Restore too yesterday and re-downloaded the patch again also have allowed wow with my firewall!

Thanks
I have the same issue.....deleting the WTF folder " fixes " it....but then relaunching later it breaks again...I dont want to delete the WTF folder everytime to just play
06/29/2011 03:50 AMPosted by Gunniesrock
Have any of you had any more luck with logging into wow? I bum out after entering my password, it only brings up the regions screen. It's also a lot slower than before.

Having the same issue. Was able to get on once last night after restarting my modem, but the problem persists.
ya when ever i press play on the launcher nothing comes up, i neeeeeeed help