371 Honor gear fiasco (part 3)

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
I was a bit saddened since I work all weekend and couldn't grind as much honor to gear up this toon and my pally alt.

But I was honor capped at the availability of 365s and I did as much BGs as I could and picked up a few pieces of gear. And then find out 371's become available.

So glad I didn't finish leveling my priest to 85 and honor grind all the gear for that toon as well.

You have posters saying "So what? Its just 6 ilvls, it won't any difference! Stop the QQing!"

These are the reason people are complaining:

1. It may only be 6 ilvls, but for example on a rogue, say each piece adds another +20 agil over 365s. Multiply that by the number of pieces of gear, and that is a significant gain. As well as the all important Resilience amount difference between the 2 sets.

2. Time and Effort. Some used their long weekend to load up and be on par with everyone else.

3. Gold and Materials wasted. Not only did people lose time and effort grinding for this, they also sunk in Gold for enchants, reforging, gemming, item enhancements. So not ony do people feel they wasted time grinding honor for 365s, you can add the time and effort they put forth getting gold and materials for this gear.

4. Poor Communication with the players. This was hardly a spur of the moment change and Blizzard failed in communicating their plans for adding a 371 set. This is probably the worst infraction of all.

This.
07/06/2011 12:58 AMPosted by Vortmoth
PvE'ers "grind" gear once per expansion per character (heroics before the first raid).

Really? How about every time a new raid comes out? That's usually a few times an expansion.

InB4 PvE vs PvP flamewar
If I'm in a full set of 365 epics I would say my skill will account for the difference 6 iLvL make. Especially in PvP where THAT difference in particular is tiny. 365 in good hands, is enough to get whatever the next conquest level is...

You're missing the point here. RATED pvp. Your opponent might be as good / BETTER than you are. You need all the help you can get. Going in without the BEST available gear is like deliberately shorting you rbg/arena teammates, and decreasing your chances of success.
"Oh but it's not that much difference in stats..", "It's only 6 ilvls QQ more..."

5-Piece Warrior PvP Set Difference: Chest, Helm, Legs, Shoulder, Hands.
Increase from i365 to i371 Gear (totals across only 5-pc set and not including off pieces)

+ 250 armor
+ 93 Strength
+ 142 Stamina
+ 62 Resil.
+ 14 Mastery, +14 Crit, +14 Haste, +10 Exp., +10 Hit

When competitive RBG/Arena players specifically level Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting just to get the extra two sockets and JC only gems for that slight edge... their hard earned i365 S9 Elite gear has also been made obsolete by a new honor grind i371 set while they hit their caps per week on Conquest working on the next S10 tier.

Upcoming Weekend: WSG Call to Arms. Random PuG BG... versus... RBG 10 Team who are Conquest capped and are grinding honor for their i371 because their S9 Elite gear is ilvl 365. Yeah... I think I'll skip WSG this weekend.
07/06/2011 01:00 AMPosted by Tri

Really? How about every time a new raid comes out? That's usually a few times an expansion.

InB4 PvE vs PvP flamewar

Honestly I've never gotten the whole PvE vs PvP thing. I just don't like someone making it out like somehow they are the only ones grinding in this game.

That's what this game is, World of Grindcraft!!
This is by far one of the worst moves you've made, guys. first you wiped all our Conquest Points by turning em into Honor one week before announced. Ok, we are humans, we make mistakes, what's donde is done, etc.

But then, a week after that, still you don't seem to learn or even care to double check what will the reaction of players be when we find out that we wasted all our honor into a gear that we thought was going to be the season 10 opener and NO, it was replaced by something better with no previous advice for us to choose to save our honor points, or not.

You know better than us that every player is a different world with his/her own times. Me personally, i had some spare time until today, i didn't know this was going to happen, otherwise i'd had farmed honor a bit at least. Now i'm facing a month where it's going to get harder for me to play since i'm running under much more pressure with my work shifts, finding a new job and study.

With this i'm pointing out that you seriously can't make this mistake twice and let it pass just like the river's water under the bridge. Let us return at least the necks, trinkets and other S9 paraphernalia we bought this last week. That would be something at least FAIR.
07/06/2011 12:58 AMPosted by Vortmoth
PvE'ers "grind" gear once per expansion per character (heroics before the first raid).

If you raided and got geared up during the previous tier, then you're geared for the next tier as well and there's no need to grind. Just jump right into the new content.

The same is not true of PvP. People in the 2200+ ratings will not step foot in the arena until their gear is on par with people they will be fighting. MMR carries over from season to season and to risk it without being prepared is not a good idea.
Posted by Vortmoth

InB4 PvE vs PvP flamewar

They better take their PvE elsewhere. the two are diff to the point where 99.999% of the wow player base (might be off a bit, but I know 100% of PvE'rs agree) want spells to be seperated into PvP and PvE categories.

You're missing the point here. RATED pvp. Your opponent might be as good / BETTER than you are. You need all the help you can get.

Ok, how often are you dueling someone in Rated PvP? How often are two people equally skilled at something? What class/spec are you and what are they? Again, gear is such a tiny fraction of a massive puzzle that 6 iLvL is almost insignificant.

It would be nice if gear was a tiny fraction of the puzzle, but it's actually larger than you are making it out to be. Since you don't competitively PvP, I don't expect you to understand that.
People in the 2200+ ratings will not step foot in the arena until their gear is on par with people they will be fighting. MMR carries over from season to season and to risk it without being prepared is not a good idea.

This. The other big difference here is that people assume stepping in with a disadvantage is no biggie, and that you can just work it out. If you lose, so what, right?

Wrong. High ranked players will not risk their rating at all. It is a pain to get back.
Silly comparison. Am I in quest greens before I raid or am I in a full set of 365 epics? If I'm in a full set of 365 epics I would say my skill will account for the difference 6 iLvL make. Especially in PvP where THAT difference in particular is tiny. 365 in good hands, is enough to get whatever the next conquest level is... 385? I haven't looked. 371 is a crutch for bads like me and you :).

You know, you just said you played for 4 years right? that kinda means you are sort of an adult. Do you think adults should speak words like "bads" or "crybaby" on a video game forum. Do you consider that the way a brain pattern should be for a healthy adult? I'm seriously curious here, not trying to insult or anything.
I am in the same boat as a lot of you. I spent dozens of hours grinding honor and spent a lot of gold on gems and enchants last week for multiple alts. This really just pisses me off. What this translates to me also is that arena seasons really aren't about gear...it's about a title and mount at the end for a handful of the top tier players which are also meaningless once the new season starts. An entire season's worth of gear sans the (2200+) items can be had in one week if you don't care about the title and a mount...and getting rocked in world pvp. But yeah, pvpers want to be competitive so they will regrind through this BS for the small bump in ilvl. Even though we got thrown some scraps off the table, we also got spit on at the same time. Typical.

On a side note, why force people to RBG for the last part of your conquest cap per week? Yes you can random BG every day, but why can't you just Q for seven randoms in a single day like random heroics to knock out all your random BG for the week if you can't log in every day? This is just another thing where pvpers get screwed. RBG in the pvpers POV or high end arena (2200+) seem like the pvp raid equivalent and unlocks higher end gear for that kind of commitment. Why not make points obtainable to cap via random BG that can be Q'd all in one day like the pve community gets? Makes no sense. It's not like it's a new idea...
There are two things about this whole thing that bug me.

1. Players were not given a warning that this would happen and because of this a lot of people wasted a lot of time and gold on gear they will now replace.

2. Why does this gear look like the bloodthirsty set? It's one thing to recolor old models and reuse them for new gear. But just reusing the same model without recoloring it? That just makes you appear lazy.

Personally I find this new idea of dropping last seasons gear entirely and making an honor and conquest version every season to be stupid. The system that was in place since BC has worked fine and had no problems. Why fix something that isn't broken?

I won't be buying any of this honor gear. It isn't because I don't want to do the bgs to get it because I already have enough honor for a few pieces. It's because this set shouldn't be in game to begin with. I'm confident enough in my ability to play my class in pvp I don't think I need this small stat upgrade. That and I like my green armor more. =P

I do hope blizz does something for those who spent their holiday weekend getting gear only to make them feel like they have to do it all over again.

It would be nice if gear was a tiny fraction of the puzzle, but it's actually larger than you are making it out to be. Since you don't competitively PvP, I don't expect you to understand that.

I used to, back in the day when guys in BWL gear were rolling guys in UBRS gear. 6ilvl is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Well... back in the day people would walk 10 miles in the snow and uphill both ways back and forth to school/work.

But guess what? Things are different now.