i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 69 Next
Thanks for the heads up.

Any room for an explanation as to why adding another level of gear that has to be grinded out is now necessary?

This small change adds a considerable amount of grinding time to all serious PvP'ers at the start of a season.
07/06/2011 05:54 PMPosted by Beenus
If you blues are going to address an issue, could it hurt to acknowledge that you guys SHOULD have told the community what was going to happen, given that what was going to happen has never happened in the past?

He actually did acknowledge it in his post:

2) We didn't notify players that we made a slight change to the way PvP gear is introduced each season. The change simply wasn't communicated among all of the other patch 4.2 changes, which was a big oversight on our part.

And they're currently looking into ways to compensate players who were duped last week. I'm satisfied with that for now.
We would like to know as soon as possible what options are being explored as far as compensation. As I'm sure you realize if they are not implemented soon it will have little effect in remedying the situation.
07/06/2011 05:56 PMPosted by Mesothorny
We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

The most important part of Zarhym's post.

Actually, what I noticed in Zarhym's post was the complete lack of the word "sorry", and not even touching on an admission that they messed up until very late.

Posting the first 80% of that post prior to 4.2 would have stopped like 90% of any problems people experienced last week (barring any non-serious people just randomly buying honor items, who weren't aware seasons were changing).
I appreciate that you're taking this seriously. Like so many others, I feel this is pretty unfair to the hundreds of thousands of us who prepare by reading the material you make available (patch notes, blue posts) and grinding out the points needed - not all of us are free to spend the entire day in Azeroth and have to prioritize our time around families and work. Why tell us that Bloodied/Bloodthirsty is changing and that we're getting a new tier, but then not inform us about the change to Vicious? Unfortunate indeed. :(

My understanding for the i371 level of gear was to bring it closer to the new Conquest level of gear so there wasn't too much of a PvP gear gap between the two.

The community received a response and I hope people could keep this thread on topic and with reasonable discussions going forward.
Thanks for explaining but this is a bad system
thanks for the response

that said, one point of clarification...i'm sure many people, like myself, would not have spent hours grinding out AV like zombies on the hunt for delicious brains (over a holiday 3-day weekend no less) just to buy gear that became obsolete days later...also consider the enchants, gems, etc. that goes into getting that gear ready to go...

good luck finding a solution...a dash of generosity on blizzard's part would go a long way here to making me feel like less of a complete fool for gearing up last week like i did...(not the first or last time i feel like a fool, i'm sure, but still one hopes to minimize these things)...

Grand Total of base stats alone for 12 pieces of Warrior gear: 5pc Main set, Belt, Boots, Bracer, 2 Rings, Neck, Cloak:

+ 376 Armor
+ 178 Strength
+ 278 Stamina
+ 122 Resil.

Add it all up and you can better understand why a 0.5% top Arena player might be a little upset about the fact the new Honor gear is this much higher in stats over their hard earned and fully enchanted Season 9 gear they expected to start Season 10 in.

If this was Wrath, I could understand why those stats would make a difference. Since we're in Cata, they only seem impressive if you don't know how outrageous stats are now.

Since everyone is in the same boat, no one wins. No one is at a disadvantage. Bliz has admitted a mistake in not telling everyone. What more really needs done?
Well, I'm glad I had bought all the S9 CP gear before the season ended, so I didn't have to deal with this. I would have been very upset.

That being said, I am glad blizzard has found a way to keep HP valuable to avid pvpers without adding cheap epic gems.
The situation didn't bother me at all since I enjoy PvP and getting my gear as I go along with it, no matter the size of the upgrade. However, seeing Blizzard make a statement about it (and the recent hot-button issue of no spirit cloth being in the Firelands) is warming my heart.
Thank you OP and Mr. Blue. I fully understand the rage over this now. I wish I'd have waited to get my trinket now, but as you see from my pvp gear, I'm not the best geared anyway, so it don't affect me much, but now I get why the hardcore pvp'ers are upset.

If everything went according to plan, you probably would've spent any HP over the 4,000 cap last week on any remaining Season 9 items you maybe didn't have. You then would have saved 4,000 HP to get started on the low tier Season 10 items. This is the way we're looking at it and will let you know if and when we have more information to share.

It didn't go according to plan and we want our gear upgraded.

Do 2 or so upgrades a day to simulate a week of farming. So ppl in 365 before 4.2 wont be at a disadvantage.
I really hope we get compensated because, man I got duped. I grind for hours trying to get 2 sets for arms/prot.