i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

General Discussion
Prev 1 37 38 39 69 Next

I am dissapointed with the situation Blizzard has put us in and am confused as what to do with my honor now.

Should I grind tons more honor and buy all new ilvl 371 gear to replace all the ilvl 365 gear that I worked so hard to get and enchant/gem???

I am waiting on the sidelines for Blizzard to take a firm position on rectifying thier mistakes...

Deeply disappointed with blizz.

I knew from the start they wouldnt upgrade our gear even if they knew they should and we are right. It's just too much work to do and it probably has to be done manually if they even keep records of items bought with dates and stuff, which i doubt. Even if they did had records for all that, it would be just to much work and doing it probably wouldn't be doable with a simple SQL statement.

Bottomline is, they have or would rather do this crap to us because of technical impossibilites for making our refund/upgrade possible.
I sent Blizzard a ticket today via the website: I advise everyone to do the same. I had to use a text format and upload it because only 2000 characters are allowed.

Here is what I propose:
You allow those that purchased Season 10 to keep it. As they will get ticked if you don't and I don't blame them.

You have season 9 available for sale with honor as before the transition.

You only allow season 10 honor gear to be purchased with an old piece of season 9 plus honor!!!

This is the only way to keep the ARENA PVP'rs happy. And keep BG Casuals from out gearing us to quickly.This will also keep those that have already made purchases for season 10 happy.

Wait one more issue to address. Those that purchased season 9 during the transition should have their honor refunded.
I am dissapointed with the situation Blizzard has put us in and am confused as what to do with my honor now.

Should I grind tons more honor and buy all new ilvl 371 gear to replace all the ilvl 365 gear that I worked so hard to get and enchant/gem???

I am waiting on the sidelines for Blizzard to take a firm position on rectifying thier mistakes...

As much as we would like Blizz to make a final stand on the issue, we know they are not.

As for the honor, might as well start building the 371 gear. We all know Blizz is going to let this just go away. And in time it will. As wrong as it may be. That is what they will do.

As I stated in my post on page 37, it is apparent that Blizz is having internal communication issues. This is why we have only received 2 blue posts in 3 days and countless capped out threads regarding the matter.
This is all fine and dandy, but as game developers would it really have been tough to implement a program that tracked all 365 purchases AFTER the "week too early cap date" and just gave people the option to replace it with 371 gear?

Seriously, I double clicked to purchase an heirloom headpiece from my guild once, TWICE, because it didn't get deposited in my bag and I thought I mis-clicked. Turns out it purchased the item twice and blizzard didn't give anyone a way to return the gear within 2 hours. They refused to resolve the problem when I filed a claim as well.

Silly little things like this which cause anger and frustration to an entire community and you can't come up with some little program to reconcile it?

I'm with everyone else. I geared my mage up all AV weekend looking forward to playing him casually through the season knowing I was on the same page as everyone else. Now I'm at a nice disadvantage because I don't have it in me to grind upgrades again on a guy I won't be playing as often.

This is the equivalent of me going to work, filling out an excel report for my boss, him noticing an errant formula and sending it back to me. Then me sending the unfixed report right back and saying "I see the error too".
Edit
Still no solution? I didn't really want to leave WoW, but how can I trust them after this?
While we can understand the confusion this sudden change may have caused, we will not be performing upgrades for items purchased before Season 10 - with honor or any other currency.

Owned!

Oh wow.. and here I was waiting for them to do the auto-upgrade, rather than doing the entire grind over again on 2 toons. It was left up to some player digging up the direct quote indicating that nothing would be done to resolve the situation.

What we have now is Blizzard compounding the situation by publicly claiming they were going to do something (vague) to address the situation, then on another channel publicly claiming that they're not going to do anything about the gear situation, which left everyone wondering whether or not they should do the grind again.

Step 1. Grind season 9 honor
Step 2. Release season 10 honor
Step 3. ????
Step 4. Profit
Still waiting to spend my honor to see if there is going to be any "compensation" ... Blizzard can you please just answer this?
So that's a firm "NO"! Guess that's game over.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=39911&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=PAtch

Are you serious...that's rich!

No more alts for me then. Between not being able to cap conquest through arena, and now an entire week wasted in farming gear for a fresh 85 Blizzard has effectively killed my interest in alts.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=39911&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=PAtch

Are you serious...that's rich!

Made up my mind on my future with Blizz. Looks like I will be another that leaves earlier than exepcted.
Well, I'm digusted that the result is "We screwed up, so.....sorry?". With the amount of people upset over this situation I was expecting Blizz to at least meet us halfway in this and give us the upgraded version. Oh well, time to spend my free time honor grinding......again