i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

General Discussion
Prev 1 41 42 43 69 Next
Nothing is going to be done, yes it was a mistake on their part for not informing everyone. Guys just suck it up and get back in there and grind. However I wish they would change the color at least in a hot fix or something, having 2 sets of gear thats the same color is Meh... If not oh well.
WTB a blue update. 2 days already with nothing.
Fix it. There is no reason to ignore us, replace our Vicious gear we bought last week with the new stuff. There is no excuse for this whatsoever I've never felt so betrayed by a company I give over $400 a year.
I have been keeping an eye on this for awhile, sitting back and and seeing how many other people feel as I do.. I also spent countless hours/days honor grinding for the 365 gear.

It's completely, utterly disgusting how they have done this and the even worse thing is, they will get away with it. Happened before, will happen again. They don't care, it ultimately means more money for them and they know people will come crawling back, highly addictive game.

I, for one hope they will offer some sort of compensation but unlikely It will happen.

Um...yaaaa. If you bought the s9 gear with honor you didnt spend 'countless hours' grinding out the set it was more llike 2 days in AV, or if you geared multiple characters a week since the honor gear has only been out for a week.

Compared to the people that actually earned the s9 gear with cp and I say you got off pretty easy, they are the ones getting screwed because they actually had to win RBGs and arenas to get their gear while a bunch of noobs lol afked in AV for couple days but are mad they spent a weekend grinding gear and now they dont have BiS.

This is why they arent going to give a refund on the gear and people get mad at me for saying it. The reason being its unfair to upgrade everyone and theres no reasonable way to tell who bought what and when.

Honor is stupidly easy to get if you want the s10 honor set grind it out. If you dont want to do that 'awful' AV grind again (20 hours in AV is lol people are really just mad they did it all in one sitting which they didnt make you do you did it becuz you're greedy and saw PURPZ) just do arenas/RBGs and work on the ruthless and pvp in the s9 sett til you buy those upgrades.

It wont make that huge a difference at the beginning of the season anyway. Most of the people griping about grinding in AV this weekend dont really pvp much anyway, thats why they think playing AV for a weekend was 'OMG SO MUCH WORK.'

Now if you actually geared a bunch of alts, I kinda feel bad for you for the cash you lost gemming multiple characters (geared two alts myself) but again, as easy as cash is to get its not that big a deal. If you have multiple 85s you also have multiple professions and are probably sitting on a mountain of gold anyway.

I've done *one* random BG a day this week and i already bought the s10 chest pvping like 20min a day.

All these people whining about quitting because of this dont really pvp much anyway if something this minor would make you quit. Especially when you didnt even have s9 gear to begin with since its a HUGE upgrade over what you had before.

What they should have done like i said before is not realease the honor gear til the season actually started. This would have alleviate all the QQing.

Another smart suggestion would be to require you to own the previous seasons gear and trade up to the new seasons gear with the piece + honor sorta like they do reg tier sets to heroic tier sets in pve. This way the people that actually earned their s9 with CP could just trade in for the s10 honor set , and the people that didnt have s9 would still have to grind out the s9 pieces in order to trade up.
Now I feel REALLY swindled. I ended up grinding tons of honor so I could get my Vicious 2h axe so I ended up getting 5 items of outdated gear last week. If I knew the new Vicious set was going to be released this week, I wouldn't have got all this vicious gear. :(

I REALLY hope Blizzard can do something as a result. All they have to do is look at my Recent Activity for last week. It'll show all my PVP purchases.
It's annoying, but hardly the injustice you people are making it out to be. A whole day or two of grinding gone, OH NO!

This seems like it was an on-the-spot decision and Blizzard didn't have time to, or didn't think to, properly communicate to you all. They should probably apologize for the confusion and lost effort, but you people need to stop acting like they just killed your sister.
Firstly, Tauraneone, thanks very much for posting this thread and maintaining it constructively.

I hope the devs are checking in on it.

Zarhym - any kind of update would be very welcome. Even if it's just to say - "hey, we're still trying to figure something out!".

I'm holding off replacing the 365 items i bought last week in hopes of upgrades or refunded honor, whilst steadily replacing any Bloodthirsty i have left with the new 371 armor.

I hope this issue is not simply going to get buried and forgotten about. That would simply be a loss to everyone involved and generate more bad feelings and general discouragement to play this game.

Blue post asap please :)

* I want to say i understand the gear isn't that difficult to get, but factor in multiple characters, enchanting and gemming and time spent. That on-the-spot decision to implement a new level of gear has caused major chaos and a level of unfairness and disregard for players that should not pass unprotested imo.

so i would like to know what Z meant by

We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

seems one part of Blizz doesnt talk to another. <em/> <em/>

This simply means we are looking into ways in which we could alleviate the current issue that makes sense and is still fair to as many people as this has affected. Currently, support is unable to provide any recompense. Should this change or further action be possible on our end, we will let you all know. We don't want to promise something we can't deliver on and exacerbate the current situation.

We haven't done any of this intentionally nor is our intent to cause any further issues.

This simply means we are looking into ways in which we could alleviate the current issue that makes sense and is still fair to as many people as this has affected. Currently, support is unable to provide any recompense. Should this change or further action be possible on our end, we will let you all know. We don't want to promise something we can't deliver on and exacerbate the current situation.

We haven't done any of this intentionally nor is our intent to cause any further issues.

sooooooooo what does that mean?

You're sol.
It's annoying, but hardly the injustice you people are making it out to be. A whole day or two of grinding gone, OH NO!

This seems like it was an on-the-spot decision and Blizzard didn't have time to, or didn't think to, properly communicate to you all. They should probably apologize for the confusion and lost effort, but you people need to stop acting like they just killed your sister.

Exactly. People are crying bloody murder and its not even the people that should be angry (the ones that bought s9 during the season with cp)

I personally think they actually added the s10 honor set as a last minute decision on Tuesday because they realized they made it too ez to grind out the whole s9 set in one weekend, and they wanted to give the people that already had the set something to buy to give them an advantage, becuz they screwed over them and figured the ppl grinding out the s9 set wouldnt be finished with it yet when the update hit. So it would give the ppl already geared something to spend honor on while the work on ruthless.

Thats why its the same color as bloodthirsty.

Good to know, because just reading the linked response it sounds like a dead issue. If I got that as a response to a ticket I would think the matter was settled in Blizzard's mind and no further discussion was taking place.
07/08/2011 10:11 AMPosted by Speäritguide
sooooooooo what does that mean?

That means re grind your gear because nothing will be done in the foreseeable future.

Basically Sorry and we want to help we really do but..........its just to hard.

I will be grinding for new gear and since I am a poor Gnome I will be doing dailies for gems and enchants. I hate Dailies, damn horde ganked me this morning with their 3 druids (Quest in hyjal) and because they are a druid I couldn't find and fight back in time.

There have been several suggestions from players about what could possibly be done. Is there any way you could address why some of these things aren't possible? Specifically:

1) Upgrading currently owned 365 pieces to 371.

2) Allowing 365 pieces to purchase 371 pieces (whether it be a whole set or only a few items).

Thanks for responding. It is appreciated. I do hope you'll stress just how annoying this change is to all involved.

hmm. I suppose we should thank you for bumping this thread.

Hi Neth.

At this point, I think we just want a timely resolution, and not the perfect one. We all just want to move on with minimal grief as possible.

Thanks.