i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 69 Next
Edit: Same suggestion that I missed on previous posting here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2786569136?page=7#125

---

The character activity tracker does list when you purchased your gear. A possible option would be to reset the refund timer on any Vicious level gear purchased within the last 2 weeks (allowing Arena/RBG players opportunity to upgrade the Conquest gear they bought prior to the point conversion problem).

It doesn't make up for gems/enchants lost but to be able to update gear purchased within a certain time window would certainly be welcome. For players who bought i371 pieces to replace recently bought i365 pieces (so bought same gear pieces in the same time frame), they get that honor value refunded and are given a 2-week honor point soft cap period to spend anything over 4000.

Just a thought.
The obvious and equitable solution is for Blizzard to upgrade every S9 (365) Vicious piece that was purchased *WITH HONOR* to a S10 (371) Vicious Piece.

This means that essentially all the 365 gear that has been purchased in the last week (with Honor), is converted to a 371 piece. All pieces purchased before that (with Conquest), remain 365.

This is fair.
If everything went according to plan, you probably would've spent any HP over the 4,000 cap last week on any remaining Season 9 items you maybe didn't have. You then would have saved 4,000 HP to get started on the low tier Season 10 items. This is the way we're looking at it...

Firstly, thank you very much for responding clearly and thoroughly, it's appreciated. I can certainly understand how you would view the situation this way, but I would like to note one other thing that a lot of people are concerned about.

I would respectfully contend that it's not merely a matter of how information led us to choose to spend our 4,000 honor - it's also how that information led us to choose to spend our gold and 3 days of our lives outside the game. A lot of people spent a lot of time in Alterac Valley that they would otherwise have spent taking long walks on the beach, learning to speak Cantonese, or making lasagna. We also spent tremendous amounts of gold enchanting and geming that gear.

Before I get too long winded, in summation, the error in communication led us to make decisions that transcended the mere decision of how to spend accrued honor. Thank you again for addressing our concerns - I humbly urge you to take this into account.
I don't think it was a bad idea to change the system and not tell anyone. It wasn't a waste of honor to buy 365 gear, it puts you equal to arena players from the season (except for weapons). You're not "behind" anyone else now, you're equal. Now if you want to start getting the 371 gear, it will give you an edge over a lot of people who haven't purchased any. Overall its only a loss of 4000 honor, not a whole set's worth, because the cap is 4000 anyway.
07/06/2011 06:14 PMPosted by Kwok
Why would anyone spend their converted honor points on old gear when the new season is coming up?

Why? Well because anything above the 4k limit would be wasted - so it is worth buying the gear that you don't have to give you that little bump when starting gearing up in the new season.

The thing that I don't understand is what is the purpose of having a week between seasons? It just creates down time where it isn't really needed. Why not just start the new season immediately. In terms of determining titles etc - take a snapshot of the data and calculate it from there. The only other reason I can see is to level the playing field at the start of the seaon - but they have effectively done that buy creating a new tier of honor gear anyway.
Thanks for the update. What I would imagine is going on right now is that Blizzard is testing some scripts on their test servers. (TEST not PTR, big difference) They are likely testing some of their ideas on how to reconcile this to see if it breaks anything else in any of 1,000,000 different ways.

If it were up to me, I'd be testing a script that would cause items purchased with Honor between X date and Y date to be allowed to be traded to a vendor for a certain amount of time regardless of Enchant, Gem etc.

To me, that would be ideal and fairly simple, but it would still require testing. I know some people also want their gems and enchants back. This is where it would get a lot trickier and a lot more could go wrong.

Who knows, they may even be writing new code, maybe in the form of a scroll that can be used on certain items wich would magically morph it in to the S10 equavalent while leaving enchants in tact/

Whatever they are doing, it requires testing, but at least they are communicating about it openly. (as open as they can at least) If they did release a fix, and it went haywire I"m sure many, many of you would be just as vocal with LOLYOUFAILNICETESTING. So I think we should take a step back and see what happens, but at the same time, don't let this fad in to the night either.

22inches cut like diamonds.

Short not small ;)

Holy Crap!! Big fan! Now I know your secret to getting fat in the off season...LOL

EDIT * I hope that was not offensive! Just realized it now reading it. Seriously though I followed your progress for so many years and used to compete myself in the IFBB 2nd tier in Canada. *

All good I understand what you mean.

Even us pros need an escape sometimes!!!!
The obviously and equitable solution is for Blizzard to upgrade every S9 (365) Vicious piece that was purchased *WITH HONOR* to a S10 (371) Vicious Piece.

This means that essentially all the 365 gear that has been purchased in the last week (with Honor), is converted to a 371 piece. All pieces purchased before that (with Conquest), remain 365.

This is fair.

People grinding HP last week are not the only ones affected.
The obviously and equitable solution is for Blizzard to upgrade every S9 (365) Vicious piece that was purchased *WITH HONOR* to a S10 (371) Vicious Piece.

This is what I was thinking....they can do it with code to things like crafted items (well the recipes) why not items you are wearing? This way all enhancements are in place as well...

This is fair.

So anyone who brought vicious WITH HONOR gets a refund. Easily fixed.

So anyone who brought vicious WITH HONOR gets a refund. Easily fixed.

Only people grinding last week purchased Vicious with honor. They're not the only ones who lost out, compensation needs to be a little more inclusive.