Rare spawn timer

Hunter
Anyone know the rare spawn timers of the obsidian cat and the spiders in the firelands? I haven't been able to find any info on this.
If you search for them on wowhead.com the comments section usually has good info.

As for Skarr, he shares a spawn timer with the crab Karkin. Its 2-6 hours, and I believe a 50/50 chance which one will spawn. They have a relatively short spawn timer compared to the rest which are usually 7-17 hour spawn timers, Deth'tilac (the purple spider) is 6-15 hours I believe, and while it is completely random, Deth at least seems to favor the 12-15 hour time. (I waited almost 14 hours for mine).

The ones in mount Hyjal are the same, Ban'thalos is 7-17, and the two cats share a 6-12 spawn timer, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: This website has info on spawn timers and locations, as well as strategies for how to tame:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12158
Thankies much :P

i'm mostly interested in Skarr, and perhaps some of the spiders. Deth seems like you'd need a full raid group to tame. lol.
So far since the reset, only Solix and Skarr have spawned... nothing else :( and before had basically one rare up every hour on Elune it seemed :/
On Maelstrom the only two pets that have spawned since this morning were Solix and Karkin. I was wondering if there was a nerf to the spawn timers since it seems everyday befor today there was one spawning about every hour.
Skarr shares a spawn timer with Karkin, so if you see Karkin spawn, you're going to have a bit of a wait on your hands before Skarr will spawn.

I only saw Karkin/Skarr spawn ONCE before the 6-hour mark and that was right after a server restart. Karkin spawned 3 1/2 hours after his previous spawn time. After that, he consistently spawned anywhere after the 6-hour mark. So I think it's safe to say his spawn timer is between 6-8 hours, and server restarts will reset the timer.

I want to add that I camped Skarr for 48 hours before I finally tamed him and had consistent 6 to 6 1/2 hour spawn timers with Karkin throughout it before Skarr finally showed up.
I can also confirm skarr/karkin was had spawn times of 9hr max once, 7Hrs multiple times observed multiple times in a row (I was there in person for 4 of them). the RNG has a lot of hate for me on Skywall.
Comon this Spider is takin forever gezz
07/11/2011 12:05 PMPosted by Whiteowl
Comon this Spider is takin forever gezz

Ive gotten both Karkin and Skarr...and now I am camping out for Ban'Thalos.....and its taking FOREVER!
I just tamed Skarr. He was there surprisingly on the rocks north of the Furnace. Not the big clump where you jump onto the higher island. Anyway, I'm concerned with the spawn of Deth'tilac. I turned in my 150 marks to the Shadow Wardens and now they're camped out where Deth'tilac should spawn, the Forlorn Spire...now what? Will he spawn there or will he spawn at all? I don't know if these guys have phases.
He will still spawn there, and also if you kite Deth to the Shadow Wardens is, the NPCs will attack Deth, and some even cast entangling roots on him.
07/13/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Iak
He will still spawn there, and also if you kite Deth to the Shadow Wardens is, the NPCs will attack Deth, and some even cast entangling roots on him.

But be careful if you do kite him to them. Once the debuff falls off and you can tame, he can die and he can die really really fast so be careful of the damage they do to him at that point.
i tamed deth'tilac on my hunter by myself with no npc help or anything hes not hard to tame at all.
2-6 hours is just not right for their timer. No one really knows what it is. My guess is that it's random. I camped Skarr for 18 hours straight and he still didn't spawn. During that loooong Saturday I saw Karkin spawn twice and no Skarr. The Karkin spawns were 8 hours apart.

A few weeks ago I saw Karkin spawn on Skarr's rock by where you first jump across. I knew Skarr could spawn in two different locations but I thought Karkin only spawned on the one rock to the NE of where you jump the rocks. Was quite a surprise!
2-6 hours is just not right for their timer. No one really knows what it is. My guess is that it's random. I camped Skarr for 18 hours straight and he still didn't spawn. During that loooong Saturday I saw Karkin spawn twice and no Skarr. The Karkin spawns were 8 hours apart.

A few weeks ago I saw Karkin spawn on Skarr's rock by where you first jump across. I knew Skarr could spawn in two different locations but I thought Karkin only spawned on the one rock to the NE of where you jump the rocks. Was quite a surprise!
they both share a timer an the same spawns.
I'm aware they share a timer, whatever it is, I just didn't know Karkin could spawn anywhere but the one rock to the north.
01/04/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Skullreaver
i tamed deth'tilac on my hunter by myself with no npc help or anything hes not hard to tame at all.

necro's are against the forum rules.
01/05/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Wintersgrace

necro's are against the forum rules.
OH no my secret on the web what will i do >_> lol jk