can someone explain?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
I only ask one thing. the ability to turn the stupid thing off. If i get into a dungeon in progress, and am trying to figure out where people are, the boss images completely block the tracking dots with no way i can find to turn it off.
The journal does have items missing from the Firelands Raid.
There is a staff that drops off rag that is not in there.
There are items that drop of any of the bosses in Firelands that is not in there.

And it would be helpful when you are in loot mode, clicking on the item takes you to the boss that drops it, and also being able to change bosses while in loot mode would be helpful too.

Good feedback.

In some cases we've purposefully left out some of the finer details since we don't want it to tell you everything you need to do to beat the encounter. We want it to be just enough information for you to feel empowered enough to give it a shot though.

We're keeping an eye on constructive feedback as always and appreciate those who do provide it.
I believe helping newer players to raid, in any way aside from encounter nerfs helps lift the lower quartile up - allowing for a better game experience for all since we can all experience more quality encounters as a result of raising the lowest common denominator. Others are butt-hurt people might know something they spent valuable PTR time figuring out.

The community has gotten to the point where strats both in written and video from are out before the patch hits live servers. Blizzard is providing an in game tool to look at boss abilities.

07/12/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Lorgon
People can also be surprisingly creative when it comes to devising successful strategies, coming up with ways to do things that Blizzard didn't necessarily expect.

This is a very strong point against Blizzard telling players WTF to do and giving them one strat to use because it will then be the strat to use and players will argue against using other strats that may actually work better for them.
There are items that drop of any of the bosses in Firelands that is not in there.

And it would be helpful when you are in loot mode, clicking on the item takes you to the boss that drops it, and also being able to change bosses while in loot mode would be helpful too.

Good feedback.

In some cases we've purposefully left out some of the finer details since we don't want it to tell you everything you need to do to beat the encounter. We want it to be just enough information for you to feel empowered enough to give it a shot though.

We're keeping an eye on constructive feedback as always and appreciate those who do provide it.

I dont understand the point of the journal then. if you leave off key abilities then its almost as if you left them all off. and theres a ton of resources out there that shows you exactly what abilities and drops and even a how to for bosses.

Like it should at least show all the abilities a boss does and his loot
While we are talking about the dungeon journal could we add a way to disable the UI over the map? In some zones it's messy and clutters up a considerable amount of the map.
07/12/2011 09:08 AMPosted by Angelslight
So has it been helpful for any of you? I imagine the dungeon journal was implemented in time for firelands so we can just walk in look at the bosses abilities and know the fight without having to go to a 3rd party website or watch videos on it

Very useful, to be honest. I don't use Atlas Loot since I already have more than enough addons loaded. It surprised me how much I learned just reading up on the abilities. Having someone tell you 'do this' in a fight, but not explaining *why* you do that doesn't teach you much at all.
maybe even screenshots of them doing abilities so we can see what to watch for? though usually watching the cast bar tells you sometimes there are other visuals
What constitutes as finer details? For example, the Dungeon Journal doesn't include information, for example, on Shannox, where Riplimb will get Separation Anxiety if tanked too far away, or that he will become Wary if he touches traps.

To me these are very similar to the ideas of "When Shannox reaches 30% health, the dogs will go into a frenzy" that is included.

It seems the Dungeon Journal is too selective on what it leaves in and out, because all of the above examples are examples of "If this happens, then this will happen", and none are just primary skills they always do.

It needs to be a lot more consistent.
07/12/2011 04:43 PMPosted by Tuesday
While we are talking about the dungeon journal could we add a way to disable the UI over the map? In some zones it's messy and clutters up a considerable amount of the map.

Yes please an option so I can see the instance map would be great.

I think this is great addition. I really like being able to link abilities in raid chat
So theres this new feature, the dungeon journal. Why was it put in? its missing information and doesnt give you any strats, and it seems useful for knowing what loot is on the boss without going to wowhead. why did they spend time adding this?

also is there any way to turn the faces off the big map its actually kinda obstructing my map.
Do you want it to fight the boss for you? The dungeon journal gives you boss and add abilities with a description on what each ability does. So if you see "BIG BALL OF FIERY HELL causes a million fire damage to targeted player" then maybe the raid should stack up.

You base your strats off of the info out there.
07/12/2011 04:43 PMPosted by Tuesday

This has been brought up enough that I would be extremely surprised if this feature is not already being worked on to be included in the next major content patch, if not sooner.
Atlas loot still has its uses. Such as looking at gear that doesn't drop from raid/dungeon bosses. Like Thunderfury.

Good feedback.

More feedback: The journal says Majordomo Staghelm has a Human form!

Good feedback.

There are bosses who's loot table are wrong and are on other bosses aka in Lost City all of Lockmaw's Loot is on Barim's Table and Vice Versa. If the journal is in place you need to have it show all the loot that a boss drops or trash drops or its useless and people will continue to use Atlas Loot Enhanced. If you only have it in place to show people abilities and such, then remove the loot and build a interface option that connects to wowhead to search for loot or something of that nature.
The journal does have items missing...

Any chance it can be updated to show what epics the trash mobs drop? Not the individual mobs, but perhaps a third tab on the right with all the trash loot.
That's about the only thing keeping me from removing atlasloot at this point.
07/12/2011 08:40 AMPosted by Angelslight
also is there any way to turn the faces off the big map its actually kinda obstructing my map.

Seriously is there any way to do this? The map is way more useful than the giant faces.