You're taking RP a little too seriously when

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Non-RPers, this is your chance to poke fun at our RP friends.

RPers, here is where you can confess to the most bizarre things you have done for the sake of RPing.

You're taking RP a little too seriously when...

-You make a Lich King costume.

-You refer to a defeat at soccer as 'merely a setback'. You then go to your next soccer game dressed in a Kael'thas costume. During the game, you trip over your robes, resulting in another 'setback'.

-You only answer to your character's name. And you insist that your titles are included.

-You hunt for a knighthood, PhD or other achievement so you can have the same number of titles as your character.
07/13/2011 03:40 AMPosted by Levictor
-You hunt for a knighthood, PhD or other achievement so you can have the same number of titles as your character.

I think that one would apply more to the general player-base than specifically RPers. :|

You know you take RP a little too seriously when you pay your subscription fee, not to play the game, but solely and only to use the World's End Tavern Roleplay Forums? ...

You know you take RP a little too seriously when you put more effort into a core WoWRPG Rulebook than you do your Multimedia Assignment due in 3 days that you haven't even started?

I seem to take it too seriously.

I must admit I've never made a Lich King or Kael'thas costume, but that would be due to lack of creative arts skill than not wanting to have a costume like that.
You're taking rumors too seriously when...

You believe all role players are nerds and hide in their momma basement wearing a Lich King suit while posting on World's End Tavern Forums.

Nerd: "Mom bath room!"

Mom: "What sweetie?"

Nerd: "Bathroom!"

You think only role players would dress up based on wow.

Guy 1: "This blizzcon is the best one so far! Look at every one, even the people dress as night elves!"

Guy 2: "Yeah what dorks. Go back to your momma's basement and post on World's end tavern forum nerds!"

Guy dress as night elf: "I don't post on forums I just play the game for fun!"

You think some one name is Sir Leo McDonald The Third.

Guy 1: "Yes you with the face and clothes and the shoes."

Guy 2: "You mean me?"

Guy 1: "Yes you with the hair and the eyes and the ears."

You make a thread about flaming role players with false rumors in the World's End Tavern.
You know you take RP a little too seriously when you pray that for the one hour you play each day that you log in to some place other than Stormwind and get some awesome random world RP action.

Oh wait, I do that almost daily and I'm not a total loser!
your taking rp too seriously when you create a thread about rp :P
You're taking RP a little too seriously when...

You know what, I'll be honest, I don't take it too seriously. I mean, have you seen my work on this particular character? Its not serious at all.

Also, dressing up as characters, maybe quoting some of the phrases said characters said... I think that slides towards "Cosplay" rather than "Roleplaying."

Also-also, Snageltooth, I think you are misinterpreting this man's intentions. He is asking that we all share in a good laugh and make jokes.

Also-also-also, Dacerie, why not go on and make an RP guild and try and kindle some open world RP. But we seem to be getting off-topic here.
I'm going to use my character's name in these. Replace it with yours.

...when your characters have more diary entries than you do.

...when you watch something on tv and think "Kahana would love this show"

...when your warrior owns more cloth robes than plate armor

...when you go back to your pve server and wonder why the cathedral area is so empty

...((When you start tying EVERYTHING in brackets))

...When you start talking about your characters in real life as if they where real people. "Your boyfriend dumped you? Yeah, I remember when Kahana went through that. It was hard at first, but she moved on"

...when your life is only interesting with the words "in Azeroth" are tagged onto the end. "I went to this awesome club last night...in Azeroth." (Love you, Leon <3)
You are taking rp way to seriously when you:

Tell your mom you will be right there for dinner and then continue with your awesome conversation with your rp partner for another 15 minutes. Of course Mom comes in and says, "What are you doing? Dinner is cold."

You throw a hissy fit when the server goes down in the middle of some rp you have been concentrating on for hours! Maintainance! Bah! Humbug!
when youve worked hours on a thread thats actually a lot of work and its normal to be pissed when maintainance makes you completely side tracked cas the other peoples server is up and yours isnt.
You are taking rp way to seriously when you: Make it your only hobby.

You're taking rp way too seriously when you try to stuff your cat in one of your backpacks
07/13/2011 02:25 PMPosted by Kahana

Oh Lord. I do this. :V
your taking RP a little to seriously when you start Rping with NPCs

Your taking RP a little to far when you are RP while doing a raid
EX:
Lich King:They were bait, just to draw you out tirion
Your DK: But... but master?

Oh Lord. I do this. :V

I was creating a tutorial on a new method of calculating asphalt quantities at work and I caught myself using double brackets to add an OOT* comment.

I'm still not sure what to make of this slip up. :P

* Out of Tutorial (It's just like an OOC, only more disturbing since it was about to be used in an official manual.)
Oh dear...my only hobby?

How about when you tell funny stories to people about your rp and they look at you odd because they do not play WOW, asking what is r p?
You take Rping a little to seriously when...

You cry out your characters battle cry to give yourself courage.

You look at Arnold Swechenager(Yeah,I mispelled it.)and think,"Look!Its a Draenie in disguise!"

You start talking in your character's accent.

You go places with a suit of armor customed made to make you look like Arthas,and your friends dress up as Death Knights to 'Amuse You'.
Why has no one said 'referring to money as gold'?
07/14/2011 08:42 PMPosted by Mandonola
You go places with a suit of armor customed made to make you look like Arthas,and your friends dress up as Death Knights to 'Amuse You'.

I dressed up like Arthas for Halloween last year...
you take rp too seriously when you create a thread like this and people actually respond on it >->
The most serious one I've seen was in game, questing with another player whom I just had met. It started to rain ingame and their character stared crying and saying she was so upset because her good robes were getting soaked.