Season Transition Compensation Action

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
As far as we can tell you spent your honor on goods that benefitted you, so there you go.
07/14/2011 04:34 PMPosted by Kakita
As far as we can tell you spent your honor on goods that benefitted you, so there you go.

So did the people that bought the s9 Vicious. They wouldn't have bought it if it didn't benifit them. How is that any different from buying heirloom gear, or spending honor in any other way?
just a question , will the season 9 vicious gear be available always to purchase ?
if in the future there is a plan to delete the season 9 vicious gear , why not just upgrade it all to season 10 vicious now?

btw , ty blizzard for at least taking some time to rectify this . we know you are under no obligation to.
however this proposed solution does not strike me as being "the best solution"
Sarsflu, because the Season 9 was specifically replaced by the 9.5(Or whatever you want to call it) Where as Trade Goods, hearilooms and HP turned JP spent on the 359 PvE Justice Gear was not.
07/14/2011 04:50 PMPosted by Kakita
Sarsflu, because the Season 9 was specifically replaced by the 9.5(Or whatever you want to call it) Where as Trade Goods, hearilooms and HP turned JP spent on the 359 PvE Justice Gear was not.

The opportunity cost is exactly the same. Either way, the S10 Vicious gear wouldn't have been made available during that week, and either way, only 4k honor could have been saved up for the start of s10 by anyone.

I understand the pain of farming up a whole set of gear only to have it be made obsolete, but my argument is that ALL honor spent during that week is made obsolete.

Is my frustration less than that of people who spent 20k honor that week instead of 4k? Yes, but I would argue not by that much. Having the s9 Vicious gear still put them on an equal footing with the people who spent much more time in rated bgs and arenas earning the s9 gear during s9.

In the end, everyone still lost out on the opportunity to save 4k to spend on the new s10 Vicious, which is what I feel should be corrected more than anything else.
now if i read correctly the honor cap will be lifted for this compensation package , therefore why can not the full honor spent during this debated period be returned if there is no honor cap?

longer things get left the bigger the mess to clean up .
waiting with interest to watch the speedy tidy up
I made / spent over 14k honor over the 4th of July weekend - special consideration should be made for people like me.... Not the person that spent 1200 honor on a necklace.

-Perz
What will I do with mine... Q-Q
07/14/2011 10:38 AMPosted by Ztette
During maintenance, 4000 Honor Points will be automatically applied to all characters that spent Honor on any item level 365 items following the release of 4.2, between the June 28 and July 5 maintenances.

What about those of us who spent honor on trade goods during this time? I spent 4k on various trade goods, and would not have if I knew about the 371 gear coming out. I did not buy any of the 365 gear because I already had it all, but I would have totally saved the 4k honor I had for 371 gear if I knew that it was going to exist.

I also would like an answer to this.. I converted all my Honor to Justice but would have saved it had I known.
I made / spent over 14k honor over the 4th of July weekend - special consideration should be made for people like me.... Not the person that spent 1200 honor on a necklace.

-Perz

People who argue they're entitled to more, because "I ground out 12k/14k+ honor that week", have you thought about that facts?

a) There is a 4k cap, so you would not have been able to keep over 4k honor around until the next week, when the S10 Vicious gear came out (aside from an extra 3k or something from capping JP/converting back);

b) There was no way that you could have spent 12k honor on S10 Vicious gear during that week, because it was NEVER going to be available;

c) EVERYONE is in the same boat. If you'd ground out to S9 365 through honor, then the start of S10 had you at exactly the same boat as everyone who finished S9 in full 365. It's not like you're behind anyone else in terms of gear, everyone got affected the same way, so why the QQ? If it was a random week where some people could buy S10 371, and some could only buy S9 365, then I could understand. But EVERYONE is in the same boat, so you're not BEHIND anyone. Well, maybe a few full-365 players who hadn't bothered to spend, in which case you're 4k behind them, which doesn't take long to earn;

d) I don't see why people are acting like they can't queue for Arena in full-365. Heck, on one of my other chars, I've got about 4 S9-365, the rest S9-bloodthirsty, and I've queued into 2v2 Arena and easily got to the Conq. point cap. That extra 4k worth of 371 gear is NOT going to be the difference between you getting Glad or not at the end of the season, and it's unlikely to be the difference between winning and losing a match. 1 piece of luck from the RNG gods (an extra crit somewhere) would have more bearing than 4k worth of 371 gear.

I can understand the arguments of those who thought S9 365 was going to be tops, and spent their honor on trade goods/converted, I think that has some validity. But to the people who argue they ground out thousands in AV and should get a 15k handout? It would never have worked, and if you ground out that amount, then you obviously needed the gear (365) or you wouldn't have done it. Would you have delayed your grind a week? Maybe, but I doubt you would have earnt as much honor in a non-AV weekend.

Me personally? I'm gearing up for S10, and spent 3300 honor on trinkets to get resil in as many sockets as possible. When the news came out, it was a bit of a shame that I was gonna lose a few stat points to 371 gear, but 365 is far better than some 305 or 318 PvE trinkets. Now, it looks like I'm going to get 4k honor. Will I upgrade to 371 trinks? No, I'm stoked as I'll be able to get 2 other slots filled.

Suck it up princesses, if this is the biggest injustice that you face in your life, then be thankful that your life is what it is.

<snipping Dillinja's pointless numbers over all the slots so the quote isn't huge>

Expect to see lots of BG botters, RBG teams and Arena players in regular Battlegrounds for the next few weeks as people now will re-grind honor to start Season 10 in competitively matched gear. They won't be getting their Conquest gear for a while so this is the only option they have to stay at the top of the ladder and at 2000+ rating... the stat change across a 12-piece set of PvP gear does make a difference.

Your numbers are great and all, and I agree a full set of 371 will be a big difference over a full set of 365, but you forget the most you could have got without converting JP was 4k worth. TWO pieces.

And anyone who's wanting to be in the top 0.5% at the END of the season, certainly won't be doing it in 371 gear, so your glad players argument is invalid anyway.

If we should expect to see BG botters etc now, then we would have seen them now anyway, except we might see them for 4k honor longer than we would have, because they've got an extra 4k to earn. But oh wait, they're being given it, so really, they're not going to be more prevalent than they would have been.

The only gear that people may have been re-grinding, was the 4k worth. Otherwise, they would have delayed their grind a week. Anyone who ground out more than the cap and spent it on gear, obviously will benefit from the upgrade from whatever they were in to 365 gear. At most, you were short 12 ilevel points worth. Which Blizz is giving you.

If you're now in full S9-365 (however you got it), gemmed and enchanted up, and you don't like BGs (as indicated by saying how much of a grind they are), I don't see why you couldn't start the arena upgrades, and skip the 371 completely. If you're any good, you'll have no trouble hitting the conq. point cap each week, and won't have to cry about re-gemming and re-enchanting an intermediate set of gear that you'll replace with S10 gear anyway.
Another point that is being completely missed in the argument that "You could have only saved 4k honor anyway...."

You're using this as a basis for giving us 4k honor.
However, while doing this you completely ignore the amount of gold and materials placed into the gear that was farmed. If all we could have saved is 4k honor and we are "entitled" to that, then why are we not "entitled" to getting our gold and materials as well?
Gold and Materials we would have saved for the new gear.

Not to mention people who have converted points..... Which has not even been addressed.
Those point would not have been converted given the notification of the gear that was coming.

Like I said, the people who have full 365 for trade goods, I think have a case. Those who converted to JP and back...They're certainly not entitled to an extra 4k worth of gear, as the conversion is lossy. Maybe there's a bit of a "sucks to be you" element for them, but they have still got an extra 3k worth of 365 gear. It's not like the gear got taken off them.

Likewise, yes gold and materials have been spent on the gear, but still, the number of pieces it could legitimately be claimed for is small, and people are still going to get the value out of having that gear gemmed/enchanted.

Yes, Blizz screwed up the transition, but at least they've taken some responsibility for it, and are offering some compensation, as well as spelling out exactly how it was supposed to work. Some honor has been spent on a couple of pieces of slightly inferior gear, and some gold/mats on enchanting it, but as I said, the RNG gods have more of a bearing on your winning or losing, than 12-18 ilevels worth of stat points.
07/14/2011 08:35 PMPosted by Dillinja
Hey Slash, I'm sorry I just opened my car door into your car in the parking lot and put a little scratch and a minor dent in your door. Let me poor you a glass of water from the tap to make it up to you.

Wow, that is the greatest analogy for the situation ever!

Because, you opening your car door into mine, is like, Blizzard...errrm....damaging your...aahhhh....you pouring me a glass of water from the tap is like, Blizzard....ummmm....wait WHAT?!?!

More like:
You bought 10 DVDs you didn't have in your collection, all of which were only available on DVD, using savings to pay for 2 of them, and earning the money for the other 8 doing a paper round that week. A week later, they come out on Blu-ray for the same price as DVD, as well as Blu-ray 3D for extra cash. You say "hey no fair, if I'd known they were coming out on Blu-ray next week, I would have waited". They say "oh yeah, sorry, here, have the value of your savings back so you can buy Blu-rays, but keep the DVD copies as compensation.

I know you may feel like it's a glass of water from the tap, but if you actually think about it logically, in terms of what you would have been ACTUALLY able to do during that week, it's reasonably fair compensation for those who bought S9 gear - in fact, you could actually look at it as 2 free S9 365 gear upgrades.

The people who I think have a valid point are:
Those who converted JP to HP, for the value that the JP converted out to (although, if they were doing that, they probably needed 365 gear anyway);
Those who had full 365 and spent on trade goods/heirlooms, if they get nothing in return;
There might be another case or two I haven't thought of, but it certainly isn't "I spent hours grinding BGs to buy a full set of S9 I want a full set of S10 RAWWRRRR" when that would never have been possible to do had it all gone according to how they planned.
07/14/2011 08:35 PMPosted by Dillinja
Hey Slash, I'm sorry I just opened my car door into your car in the parking lot and put a little scratch and a minor dent in your door. Let me poor you a glass of water from the tap to make it up to you.

You know what? I like a challenge, so I'm gonna try and work with your analogy, although I still think you're being dramatic with your compensation. Oh, and a couple of different perspectives...

Blizzard: "Hey Slash, I'm sorry I just opened my car door into your car in the parking lot and put a little scratch and a minor dent in your new front door. Here, have the money to buy a new door. On the plus side, new doors have electric windows, but you'll probably have to shell out for a new tint for the window"
Slash: "Gah, a dent. Oh well, I can live with that, might spend the money on a new rear door, it was as rusty as the old front was anyway"

Blizzard: "Hey Dillinja, I'm sorry I just opened my car door into your car in the parking lot and put a little scratch and a minor dent in your new front door. Here, have the money to buy a new door. On the plus side, new doors have electric windows, but you'll probably have to shell out for a new tint for the window"
Dillinja: "OMG WTF?! You owe me a whole new car!! I'd just replaced all the rusty doors with new ones, and now I can get doors with electrics?!?! I HATE YOU!!!!!!"

The problem with your analogy though, and why it REALLY doesn't work, is that Blizz hasn't come along and damaged property you own. They've more come along and said "hey, you know those doors you replaced? Yeah, a new model with electric windows came out a week later for the same price, which you would have been able to buy a couple of...sorry about that...have a voucher for two doors with electrics. You'll have to pay to re-tint the windows yourself tho. Oh, and you don't have to buy the doors if you want, you can buy any parts you like".