Season Transition Compensation Action

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
Thanks =)
I wasn't even aware that the 365 stuff was coming out, so I converted my Honor to JP and bought enchanting mats just to use it. I thought I was done with honor points.
Oye! This sucks. Honor I can grind. The questions everyone had been asking were what about my gold, mats, gems, and enchantments I spent gearing up? That's why everyone was asking for the 9 to 10 conversion; it solves both the honor and gold/mats/etc problem. Landslide ain't cheap, brrrotherrs!

I'm not turning down the 4K honor; I'm no fool. I'm just not a happy customer.
Personally, I'm appreciative of the 4000 honor.

I made a whopping 32,000 honor during the week 365 Vicious was available (Woot, perfectly timed AV weekend.. the only BG Alliance conquers..) and now I've got -most- of my 371, so knowing I have to grind 4000 less now, makes me pretty happy!

Thanks Blizz.

Did you hear yourself say that? So let me get this straight, if you went to Bestbuy and dropped $1500 on a TV. Took it home and tomorrow some magical frequency change (that Bestbuy knew about but left off of the ads) made your TV obsolete, then you would be ok with going back to Bestbuy and them giving you a $200 gift certificate? Since at least that's $200 that wasn't wasted...?

So Blizz says it would be some huge task and take weeks to compile the list of fixes for people that got screwed. Yet within days they pull this list of people and the gear they bought out of nowhere since they have some shady solution to offer.

They make pills and you guys pop em. The only reason this didn't get fixed is because Blizz wants you to grind. There isn't another reason in this world that prevents them from just upgrading the ilevels on this list. Or pulling the exact amount of honor.

Any software geek on this thread would gladly write the code to do it.

Let's just hope Blizz and the fine fanboys here don't plan on running for government anytime soon!!!
First, I don't know if anyone mentioned or knows the answer, but when Season 11 starts, what exactly is the Honor to Gold conversion amount going to be for all the honor over the cap if you stay over cap?

Say you re-grinded all the 371 and are capped again at 4000 honor, then Blizzard "compensates" you and you now hold 8000 honor. How much gold is that 4000 honor going to give you?

Secondly, this feels like Blizzard chose this option NOT as the best solution for YOU the players, but it was the easiest solution for THEM. Short of doing nothing except saying "sorry!", this is the one idea they came up with that would require the least amount of effort on their part.

And they took 2 weeks to do this...
Did you hear yourself say that? So let me get this straight, if you went to Bestbuy and dropped $1500 on a TV. Took it home and tomorrow some magical frequency change (that Bestbuy knew about but left off of the ads) made your TV obsolete, then you would be ok with going back to Bestbuy and them giving you a $200 gift certificate? Since at least that's $200 that wasn't wasted...?

So Blizz says it would be some huge task and take weeks to compile the list of fixes for people that got screwed. Yet within days they pull this list of people and the gear they bought out of nowhere since they have some shady solution to offer.

They make pills and you guys pop em. The only reason this didn't get fixed is because Blizz wants you to grind. There isn't another reason in this world that prevents them from just upgrading the ilevels on this list. Or pulling the exact amount of honor.

Any software geek on this thread would gladly write the code to do it.

Let's just hope Blizz and the fine fanboys here don't plan on running for government anytime soon!!!

Or Blizzard knew they wouldn't be able to get a solution in time. How fair would it be to upgrade the S9 gear to those people who didn't cry on the forums, but went back to the grind to earn the S10 gear? Why should you get free S10 gear, when people like myself decided to get over the issue and just grind out the new gear?

If you're that unhappy with how Blizzard does business, then quit.
4k honor for players who purchased 365 gear during the week between arena seasons seems like a fair solution. Thanks Blizz.
4K is hardly compensation
The single glaring fault with the "compensation" is that Blizz is NOT compensating me for the 10k gold I spent gemming and enchanting the level 365 gear I bought just prior to their "bait & switch" shenanigans.

This "compensation" stinks, and smells like a touchy-feely bribe to keep all us sheep in line.

Thanks for nothing, Blizz.
lol ragers. as if they HAVE to do anything. they coulda swept it under the rug. thanks blizz. this'll pay for my upgrade to s10 trinkets as ive already upgraded everything else. thats good enough, for me.
I'm like some of these other people posting, I farmed 20k honor a few days before the item level 371 gear showed up. I played ret last season, and had the full item level 365 ret set, I decided to try playing holy on some of my teams for the new season, so I spent that weekend buying the full holy set and getting it gemmed and enchanted for the new season. A few days later, the 371 gear was released and all of my time grinding honor was wasted.

I actually enjoy doing battlegrounds with friends, but I don't have enough time to grind all of that honor again. I planned that one weekend to earn all of the honor I would need and buy the full set, and I don't have that much play time now. I would have waited another week for that honor farming had I known the 371 gear was being released. I also spent all the gold I had to pay for the gems and enchants, the gold is easy enough to replace, but I'm not online enough to replace the gold that quickly, and I don't PvE. It will probably take me a few months to replace all of my gear, and I need to replace both my ret and holy set now, so that's 40k honor or so. Some people say it's only a small difference in item level, so small that it doesn't matter, but those stats add up, every little stat increase is important in arenas, enough that it can determine whether you win or lose a game.

Giving me 4k honor to buy two pieces of gear in exchange for my wasted 20k honor isn't fair compensation... it's better than nothing, but it's nowhere near enough. You need to upgrade all 365 gear to 371, or let us trade in the old pieces to the vendor, either as an even trade or with a reduced honor cost. I know a lot of people have already bought all of the new gear by now, the people that had the time farm that honor again, giving an honor compensation is more fair to them, that way they can at least buy materials to sell, but it needs to be a lot more than 4k honor.
[quote]Did you hear yourself say that? So let me get this straight, if you went to Bestbuy and dropped $1500 on a TV. Took it home and tomorrow some magical frequency change (that Bestbuy knew about but left off of the ads) made your TV obsolete, then you would be ok with going back to Bestbuy and them giving you a $200 gift certificate? Since at least that's $200 that wasn't wasted...?

You seriously need to stop being a drama queen and drop the hyperbole... This example is totally overblown.. The 365 gear is barely inferior.. hardly obsolete! Now If I bought the same TV and a slightly better one came out a week later for the same price and then Best Buy offered me a $200 store gift card I think I would be rather happy.
You seriously need to stop being a drama queen and drop the hyperbole... This example is totally overblown.. The 365 gear is barely inferior.. hardly obsolete! Now If I bought the same TV and a slightly better one came out a week later for the same price and then Best Buy offered me a $200 store gift card I think I would be rather happy.

Except the 365 gear was effectively presented as what was going to be the top honor gear for a long time to come. Not just one week. So if a store said "This is the biggest TV you can buy with regular cash from here for months to come," and then replaced it with a larger one just one week later, you can bet they'd have to exchange straight up for the larger TV at no extra cost, or get in a lot of trouble.

But not Blizzard! Because it's cheaper for them to only offer the 4k honor, as opposed to code in more complicated ways so we can get properly compensated, that's all they're willing to do.

It's really sad. Blizzard never used to be like this.

I don't trust them anymore.
Hey, it's the least they could do.

..No. Literally. It's the least they could do.

Couldn't you have taken us to dinner first, Blizzard? I don't know about the rest of you, but I like to get wined and dined before I get f**ked.

lol
Thanks! Somehow I missed this earlier, thanks!
07/15/2011 12:03 AMPosted by Drtouchy
Personally, I want to see something like this happen to the PvE community. Hell, I'd like to see people in PvE have to grind for their gear rather than get drops in every dungeon run. I am curious what the responses from these PvE people would be if Blizzard not only royally screwed them out of new gear, but then offered the minimum repayment they could, rather than doing the RIGHT thing and paying people back every last honor point they spent during that time.

You mean if I got points for every kill in a dungeon or world environment rather than only for some bosses? And could buy all the valor and justice gear, not just some of it?

That would be an interesting switch up. I'll have to think about it.

But battlegrounds are a lot of fun, just starting to understand them.
I'm like some of these other people posting, I farmed 20k honor a few days before the item level 371 gear showed up. I played ret last season, and had the full item level 365 ret set, I decided to try playing holy on some of my teams for the new season, so I spent that weekend buying the full holy set and getting it gemmed and enchanted for the new season. A few days later, the 371 gear was released and all of my time grinding honor was wasted.

I actually enjoy doing battlegrounds with friends, but I don't have enough time to grind all of that honor again. I planned that one weekend to earn all of the honor I would need and buy the full set, and I don't have that much play time now. I would have waited another week for that honor farming had I known the 371 gear was being released. I also spent all the gold I had to pay for the gems and enchants, the gold is easy enough to replace, but I'm not online enough to replace the gold that quickly, and I don't PvE. It will probably take me a few months to replace all of my gear, and I need to replace both my ret and holy set now, so that's 40k honor or so. Some people say it's only a small difference in item level, so small that it doesn't matter, but those stats add up, every little stat increase is important in arenas, enough that it can determine whether you win or lose a game.

Giving me 4k honor to buy two pieces of gear in exchange for my wasted 20k honor isn't fair compensation... it's better than nothing, but it's nowhere near enough. You need to upgrade all 365 gear to 371, or let us trade in the old pieces to the vendor, either as an even trade or with a reduced honor cost. I know a lot of people have already bought all of the new gear by now, the people that had the time farm that honor again, giving an honor compensation is more fair to them, that way they can at least buy materials to sell, but it needs to be a lot more than 4k honor.

Use what time you have to do arenas and get a worthwhile upgrade. I know some people are still in Bloodthirsty blues and they are reaching 2200 in arena this season already. Gear helps for sure, but the 15-20 stat differences are not game breaking.

Did everyone here forget that arena and rated battlegrounds award conquest points for current top end pvp gear throughout the current season? I was fully expecting a "t.s." from Blizzard on the subject, the fact that it was recognized at all was surprising.
07/17/2011 11:32 AMPosted by Ahna

Except the 365 gear was effectively presented as what was going to be the top honor gear for a long time to come. Not just one week. So if a store said "This is the biggest TV you can buy with regular cash from here for months to come," and then replaced it with a larger one just one week later, you can bet they'd have to exchange straight up for the larger TV at no extra cost, or get in a lot of trouble.

But not Blizzard! Because it's cheaper for them to only offer the 4k honor, as opposed to code in more complicated ways so we can get properly compensated, that's all they're willing to do.

It's really sad. Blizzard never used to be like this.

I don't trust them anymore.

If you were under the impression it was going to be available for a "long time to come," why the mad dash to collect it all that week?

I did my fair share of grinding, and sure it sucks having something new and shiny come out a week later. However, if the grind was so painful I wouldn't have done it.
If you were under the impression it was going to be available for a "long time to come," why the mad dash to collect it all that week?

I did my fair share of grinding, and sure it sucks having something new and shiny come out a week later. However, if the grind was so painful I wouldn't have done it.

It wasn't that "painful," it was AV weekend, and so easier to gain a lot of honor more quickly than usual.

Even if it had been painful though, it doesn't excuse Blizzard's incredibly poor customer service on this issue, both in how they've handled it and how they've communicated it.

Notice how quiet they've been since they told us we're only getting the 4000 honor? There's been tons of suggestions about how they could relatively easily compensate us a lot better than that.

I think they know what they're doing is indefensible.