Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 4 5 6 24 Next
Will the Heroics still award the same 35/45 or will they be 70/85 (Or whatever it used to be)
07/18/2011 09:31 PMPosted by Groknokk

This x100

Seriously Blizzard, The best way to get Valor Points SHOULD be through Firelands....As of right now, the best way to get Valor points is through T11 and Heroics. This is a HUGE step backwards even farther than ZA/ZG being the best place to get Valor in 4.2. Heroics and T11 should NOT be able to get you anywhere near cap. Only T12 should.

Why? Just so you can feel special in your pixels? Lol

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM...hardcore tears are yummy

Please read the post where I claim to not be Hardcore. Please think Logically.

Logically, the best rewards should come from bleeding edge content. Without the best rewards coming from Bleeding Edge Content, that diminishes the value of said content. I could care less about Pixels. I just want the challenge to be there so that when I do get the pixels, I feel like I accomplished something and it doesn't make it cheap. I like to work for rewards. I know we as a culture are all about instant gratification but that feeling is cheap. There is nothing more satisfying than working on a boss all night to finally down that boss.

With that being said, VP being widely available greatly diminishes the value of Valor Points. It makes them feel cheap. It makes the gear from them feel cheap. It makes it all feel lazy (which quite frankly after looking at the gear this tier, it all looks lazy stat wise). I just can't help but feel like they're just trying to get money because at the end of the day, its the "hardcore" and semi-Hardcore that will stick it out...Not the Casual and the bad. They could care less and will quit anytime but the other two will be your loyal customer till the end.
07/18/2011 09:33 PMPosted by Groknokk
TLDR: Please stop Asking blizzard to make the game easier and get better

Dont have to. They listen to the majority. I repeat:

YOU LOSE.

Please stop hiding behind a forum alt. I at least have the gall to post my opinion on one of my more geared characters. I ask you to please do the same.
07/18/2011 09:36 PMPosted by Attilian
I could care less about Pixels.

You mean you couldn't care less.
I say with this implemented, ZG and ZA should be collapsed with the other heroics now with a middle ground vp reward per run. because honestly running the same instance over and over again just to get capped kinda sucks.

edit: by middle ground i mean somewhere between the reward of normal heroic and Trolls.

also i belive this is a good move as it will encourage more pug groups
07/18/2011 07:20 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Due to some recent player feedback

Thats the problem right there. This game started to go down hill when they started to listen to people cry on the forums. When people are happy, they don't complain. You can't say most people were unhappy since the populations were huge during classic and TBC. The game was huge then. Why change something that wasn't broken.

Idea, VP should be reward for idling in SW. Maybe if I get enough people to post and cry about it they will think everybody must want it.

Is there any difference between that and running this nerfed old content? (the answer is no)

Every moron on the server has "defender of a shattered world," which is now the lamest title ever. It takes almost zero effort to clear it now. I bet I could top meters in a pug with only using my mouse and one spell.

Its truly sad what this game has come to. Its almost like they want people to quit and stop playing. You wonder why people stop playing... because they get tired of everything... why?!?!? because they finish everything it too quickly!!!!! Why?!?! Because nothing is a challenge anymore! If you want people to play more and log more hours, give them something to work for!!!!!!

When people have something to work for that takes time, they feel a sense of accomplishment when they finish it. They want to do it because not everyone else has it. Now everyone has everything and nothing takes work. After starting shortly after release, I think my time has come.

This whole VP/JP thing just isn't working...

Why have JP when you can just use your VP that you get faster, VP is attained faster if you just do your weeklies.

I don't care that everyone can get VP. Good. If I ever make an alt it'll be easy to gear. But really, what is the point of JP?

You guys seem to have lost the vision in terms of having lower tier and higher tier currency o_O

It's a weird system, I think it definitely needs to be cleaned up again.
Is there any difference between that and running this nerfed old content? (the answer is no)
There's no difference between doing something and not doing something?
Holy crap I'm the most active person in the world by that logic.
Honestly the better change would have been reverting the cap back to the old one over this, or perhaps coupled with this. Part of the reason people feel forced to spam run ZA/ZG and other heroics is because of the lower cap, and the extra time added to getting gear if they fall short of reaching the cap each week. Given that some valor gear is a forced BiS due to lack of options, and the fact that tier gear also costs valor; the decision to gate gear with a lower cap rather than content was a poor one.
07/18/2011 09:33 PMPosted by Groknokk
TLDR: Please stop Asking blizzard to make the game easier and get better

Dont have to. They listen to the majority. I repeat:

YOU LOSE.

No, you lose. And what percentage of people use these forums that play wow? I'm willing to bet anything its less than 10%.

But, if you ment they listen to the majority of people that come to the forums to cry, then yes you are correct.
07/18/2011 09:44 PMPosted by Groknokk
Please stop hiding behind a forum alt. I at least have the gall to post my opinion on one of my more geared characters. I ask you to please do the same.

No thanks. I will not subject any of my level capped toons to ingame harassment for what I say on the fourms.

You are just making yourself look about 12 years old. It doesn't matter though. I'll get my valor rewards just like everyone else will and I'll still get them faster than you but this is counterproductive to the VP/JP system. They should just combine them into one Dungeon Points system at this point.
I think this was kind of the wrong way to go about addressing the dissatisfaction with farming ZA/ZG. The real problem is people don't want to run them because the rewards aren't commensurate with the effort compared to other activities. Other than VP, there's really no reason to go there. 353 "epics?" That's nice, let's go lose some non-rated BGs for 371 instead, or farm trash in Firelands for 378. The old raids suffer from this as well.
Great change! Just like everyone else in this thread, running old heroics, new heroics, FL & BH just gets old every week. But now we can get back to the content we ran every week for the last 6 month to keep it all fresh. Keep up the good work...
Here's what will most likely happen:

-Nothing to Raiders. They'll do this content on off-nights, and save themselves the headache of carrying ZA/ZG's.

-People who die to ZG/ZA mechanics will complain they don't have the time to raid, and they want the point values raised so they can do 5 bosses and call it a week.

Good change.
Seriously the correct change would have been to Put all heroics into one tier of content, bump the amount of Weekly VP you can get and make 2/3 of the Valor you can get from T12. The ability to get Capped on Valor every week without stepping foot in Firelands is a huge step Backwards for the badge/point system.