Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Prev 1 11 12 13 76 Next
07/18/2011 11:12 PMPosted by Carniidge
If you call that "proof", I hope I never see you on a jury in real life.

And yet you so readily believe Bash's "explanation"??

Interesting.

Hardly. Top of page eight. Check back with me after you read it.
I beleive Swifty deserves a 2-3 day suspension, but not the punishment he was given. As I've said before, I havn't seen any posts that claim that a GM gave any of them a warning after the first crash, which is why I think they should at least be a bit lenient towards Swifty.
I think today will be a turning point in how Blizzard is seen in the gaming community.
While I don't care whether or not Swifty was unbanned, I do agree with the fact that if it were anyone else, the perma-ban would not be lifted. While not very fair, it is reality.

Look into the real world, for example...When celebrities break laws, their punishment is much more lenient (as in house arrest in their luxurious mansions, or going to the fluffiest jails on the planet for 2 weeks) than if they were an Average Joe.
Curious if anyone will ask about this during the Q&A segment at blizzcon. I would guess this blizzcon would be very interesting one to watch with all the stuff that has happened in the game and or forums.

Do you buy everything that people tell you right off the bat? You cannot survive in this world with such a meek response. Everyone deserves to know what happend and WHY it happend the way it did.

No. We absolutely do not "deserve" to know any of that. It's simply none of our business.
The "you can't survive in this world" line is a laughable attempt to shoot down someone's opinion with implied greater life experience. Seriously it's almost adult film-level bad.

If we didn't hand over hard earned money to play this game every month i might agree with you, but we do so i therefore do not. We do deserve to know exactly what happend as this affected the whole community. Not just our community but youtube and MMO champ as well. This wasn't some small thing easily covered up nor was it quick in it's intensity. Servers were crashed nearly the same way that hackers DDOS people. We DO deserve to know that we will ALL be treated equally.

Hearing the youtube video being linked on how blizzard "called them up and told them they were fans of the guild but we can't do these kind of events anymore unplanned" just sounds like huge favoritism.

If you were to be banned would Blizzard be calling you?
07/18/2011 11:14 PMPosted by Bloodbliss
I think today will be a turning point in how Blizzard is seen in the gaming community.

Agreed. I'm not sure if it's for the good or worse though. They proved they can be reasonable and dish out punishments based on their investigations, but I think they were caught off guard by the sheer masses of people that were doing this.

Dude he clearly states that by the time they got the text from Razer, they were already in the process of reversing the ban. Razer had absolutely nothing to do with the decision.

Dude, the whole point is no reason has been given as to why the ban was reversed to begin with. All it does is look like someone at Blizzard noticed who they just banned and noted the Razar sponsorship he had so set about unbanning him.

Thats all we are asking Blizzard to do is clear the air. This was a MASSIVE event that affected alot of people.

Dude he clearly states that by the time they got the text from Razer, they were already in the process of reversing the ban. Razer had absolutely nothing to do with the decision.

Dude, the whole point is no reason has been given as to why the ban was reversed to begin with. All it does is look like someone at Blizzard noticed who they just banned and noted the Razar sponsorship he had so set about unbanning him.

I can't emphasize enough that it's clearly written out that the ban reversal was already getting started when Razer chimed in. Why is it so hard to understand? Everyone that keeps saying to the contrary aren't merely grasping at straws, they're fabricating fake straws so that they now have something to grasp at.
Curious if anyone will ask about this during the Q&A segment at blizzcon. I would guess this blizzcon would be very interesting one to watch with all the stuff that has happened in the game and or forums.
They'd gloss over the question and/or outright not answer it.

The most we could hope for if it was asked at BlizzCon would be "we can't discuss actions taken against players with anyone other than the players themselves" and for the mic to be passed to someone who would ask about the Alliance battle cry in the hopes of being personally sneered at by Metzen.
who is this swifty guy and why do so many nerds want to whine about him
07/18/2011 11:17 PMPosted by Hecatomb
You worry about you. Let Swifty worry about Swifty.

How about you worry about you, and I'll worry about how I'm going to get blood out of silk.

I don't think it's coming out, man.

Sucks.

Don't you worry about getting blood out of silk, let me worry about blank.
07/18/2011 11:17 PMPosted by Hecatomb
You worry about you. Let Swifty worry about Swifty.

How about you worry about you, and I'll worry about how I'm going to get blood out of silk.

I don't think it's coming out, man.

Sucks.

Try Oxyclean. Billy Mays said it works.
I can't emphasize enough that it's clearly written out that the ban reversal was already getting started when Razer chimed in. Why is it so hard to understand? Everyone that keeps saying to the contrary aren't merely grasping at straws, they're fabricating fake straws so that they now have something to grasp at.

07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
While an exception was made in this case,

This, right here, is the problem, and is what makes it so very hard for people to believe that Razer's sponsorship didn't have anything to do with the issue.

They admit an exception was made. Given that they're proposing to ban people for the same thing Swifty was banned for, I think the community as a whole deserves to know exactly why that exception was made. If it's celebrity, they need to rethink that exception.

I don't know why you don't understand that the people arguing with you simply don't believe bash's story.
Now this is the point I want to get at. I don't mean to single you out, but your post is a prime example of a story being told and accepted as fact.

They keep saying "the contest moved".

That is not true.

First, the contest crashed the server. THEN they started going "GLARBLEFLARGLE LETS GO CRASH SERVERS RAWWWWR!!!" and proceeded to discuss AT LENGTH the whys and wherefores of crashing servers for fun. That was not a contest moving to a new server. The contest never happened.

Swifty...like Charles Manson (zomg Tiber I are hypocrite /frown)..was stuck outside for a lot of this because he couldn't load in. At no time did he ever say "GUYS STOP! SERIOUSLY! WE CANNOT DO THIS!" His "protest" was to apparently leave the channel without a saying a word, presumbly about how he needed to change his shirt because it was t-shirt time.

Another fact left out was that they also trolled the crap out of General. Spamming 1v1 arena threads and Swifty #1 Warrior threads, violating almost every forum rule save for the one about threatening violence. Probably...I don't know I didn't read most of them.

I agree that in hindsight stating that the contest as a whole moved could be inaccurate but all the contestants of the contest moved and did the same thing that brought the 1st server down on the 2nd server, crashing it, then they moved onto the 3rd server which they also crashed.
07/18/2011 11:14 PMPosted by Bloodbliss

I agree.
Today Blizzard set a new precedent.
A really bad one.

Normal players don't get Blizzard calling them to tell them what's up.
Sorry Bashiok.
Not buying a thing you say. Your process is for sale if a guild or player has enough pull.
Disgusted.

We call players all the time. We have an entire customer care team dedicated to doing just those types of things.

And we overturn suspensions, not too commonly but it does happen. We have many official processes, email replies, support pages, etc. dedicated specifically to allow players to challenging them.

I just don't believe that any amount of time spent explaining these types of things will actually net any change in perception of the situation. If someone wants to believe that within shady parking garages briefcases full of money are being handed off, that's their belief, and in that belief I'm one of the people holding the briefcase. So I guess I just don't see how I'm going to win anyone over. It's an unwinnable situation.

And unwinnable should totally be a word.
07/18/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Hecatomb
AHMAGAWWWD U GUIS I FOUND JOHN GALT!

Thank you.

Even though he is fictional, he is an example of a "Super" or "ultimate" Man and I do honestly look towards Atlas Shrugged to help influence some of my beliefs.

Apparently Swifty is un-perma banned. Which is fine by me, as long as he doesn't get off scott free.

As I said in one of my posts his actions in this incident alone didn't warrant a perma ban, but I didn't a have a problem with him getting one if he had priors.

I am glad the people who major spammed are getting banned.

One thing I do have a major problem with is Razor getting involved. Even if Blizzard was going to do everything they did anyways, there is absolutely no reason for Razer to be involved in even contacting Blizzard to try to get him unbanned.

Worse still anybody who was perma banned but now isn't is going to be tainted with the stigma that the only reason they are unbanned is because of a backroom deal with Razer rather then they actually deserved to be unbanned.

Honestly the best thing Blizzard can do in response to the comment by Razer is by making a statement like "While we were contacted by razer after we had already begun assessing the situation and there was no actual discussion of consequence with them at all, and they had no bearing on any of our decisions in regards to any of the account penalties"

Because at this point Blizzard more or less saying Razer had absolutely no bearing in their decision to unban people is going to be the only thing that restores my respect in Blizzard as a company who is capable of making its own decisions.