Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 76 Next
<3

I <3 Swifty.
Yup, good to hear. I'm wondering where the evidence came from that people were purposely trying to bring the server down? If so it was probably many of the players that accompanied Swifty and pals and decided to troll/obnoxiousness things up a little. I think putting nearly all the blame on the guy that BROUGHT them there rather than the actual offenders was a very poor decision.

Glad to hear you're making amends.
07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
Please keep discussions related to this action within this thread. Related discussions outside of this thread will be locked, deleted, and/or fed to Murlocs.

Lol :P
Feed the murlocs!!!!
And suddenly all the players who have been hammering Darkspear all day got real quiet...
and/or fed to Murlocs.

This. Is. Hilarious.
We recently monitored a situation where a large number of players intentionally disrupted access to multiple realms by gathering together and mass-spamming game emotes. In some cases, individual players spammed an emote upwards of 30,000 times.

As a result, some accounts found to be active participants in this activity were permanently banned. Upon further review, we have made the determination to reduce some of these permanent bans to temporary suspensions. We’re currently in the process of identifying all offenders who acted to purposefully disrupt game service and will administer proper action to each participating account.

We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players. While an exception was made in this case, accountholders who intentionally participate in events that contribute to realm instability will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.

Please keep discussions related to this action within this thread. Related discussions outside of this thread will be locked, deleted, and/or fed to Murlocs.

Have fun and please remember to play responsibly.

OORAH justice is served!
dang
07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok

I completely agree with Blizzard's decisions and actions on this particular matter. It was necessary to stop it when it happened, but when they delved into the issue they found better ways of handling it, therefor they maintained a strong sense of justice by being willing to admit that their initial actions were not the correct ones. Also 4.2 was lacking in content.
but i am glad everything is k now
07/18/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Jadden
Bashiok, will you please comment on what Razers participation was in regards to getting certain members unbanned? They clearly said on their facebook page that they were working diligently with Blizzard to do that.

I seriously doubt we will hear anything about that in particular. It's between Razer, Blizzard, and those "certain members".
This doesn't change the fact that the appearance is Razer paid Blizzard off for Swifty's unbanning.

Razer stated, on their Facebook page, that they were "discussing this with people" and then, a short while later, announced (before anyone else, even Swifty) that Swifty had been unbanned.

Certainly looks like corporate sponsorship got Swifty special treatment.
07/18/2011 10:14 PMPosted by Sundae

hrmm....
You have to admitt even now, that he knew what was going to happen I mean, Come oooonn....

Especially the second and third time.
Awesome
07/18/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Jadden
Bashiok, will you please comment on what Razers participation was in regards to getting certain members unbanned? They clearly said on their facebook page that they were working diligently with Blizzard to do that.

IF the permaban was turned into a temp ban, and everyone involved will get it as well, that's fair. Letting the guy walk with no action against him because money is talking is not.