Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 70 71 72 76 Next
spam howl in trade , make a hunter because they have pets etc. - that was on live feed and wanting to join something like that makes you not innocent.

I wonder how many people that were just playing the game and not part of daramctire or guilty of association to swifty or zybac, that did get banned and have no chance of getting unbanned because they are no a "celebrity" or in that guild.

he was a guy that got caught using a bot program back when LK went live and made "Worlds 1st lvl 80" in 24 hours well they stripped him of his cheeve and lvl by resetting him back to 70

i dont think it was a bot, thought it was that he out of grouped inside an instance, which was aparently against the rules.

he out of grouped in the open world to get world first 85 on Forscience

iirc correctly it wasn't him getting to 80 first but one of his friends. I think it was the tank in the group that kept leaving and rejoining. The entire group got punished though. The worst part about it was he spoke with a GM prior to doing this just to make sure it was legal.
07/19/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Puzu
The thing is, he was not the only one banned and not the only one who had the punishment 'reduced' after they had a chance to filter through the logs. People are ignoring this fact.
And you honestly buy that? Its plain obvious what happened, the bottom line is this, whether you wan't to believe it or not had it happened to me or you going through the logs and all the begging in the world wouldn't have made them revoke the punishment.
And you want me to buy this?

Yes, it's obvious that Blizzard was bought out by a company that uses Facebook to talk to it's customers. Razor, who supports their poster boy immediately without actually knowing the story is a more credible source of information than Blizzard. Believing a guy who goes on YouTube to cry about disciplinary action is a more credible source.

You believe what you will. I will believe what I will. Since we can prove neither correct... it is a pointless argument.
07/19/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Slavryx
So on this train of thought, Everyone who participated in the AQ opening event back in vanilla should get banned to right :P

AQ gates was a Blizzard run world event not some event that started from a livestream.
07/19/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Azakzul
The evidence is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmui6kS8-VU. quit trying to de-rail the facts. It is clearly his voice @ 1:30. malicious intent by zybac and co. was going on, and he wants to join them makes him just as guilty.
that's zybak, you can't lump everyone together just because it makes easier, easier doesn't make it better or right in any way
I have come to the conclusion that you are one one Swifty's alts, therefore your objections are not worth listening to anymore.

07/19/2011 07:12 PMPosted by Xada
The evidence is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmui6kS8-VU. quit trying to de-rail the facts. It is clearly his voice @ 1:30. malicious intent by zybac and co. was going on, and he wants to join them makes him just as guilty.
that's zybak, you can't lump everyone together just because it makes easier, easier doesn't make it better or right in any way
I don't know exactly what happened, as I wasn't a participant in either the live-stream or what was happening on that realm (as is true for, I would imagine, the vast majority of the people railing on and on about how unfair this ban was), so I won't comment on what may or may not have happened. And I'm not going to go with videos people have posted as "proof" since they can easily be edited after this amount of time. However, here's my 2 cents:

1. If there is actual proof that he, or anyone else involved in the events (for instance, whoever it is in one of the linked videos above this post who said, "Everyone spam chat so we can actually crash the server"), did it intentionally, then frag them and their accounts, and (if possible) block them from new accounts for a certain period of time (maybe 6 months). This is especially true if you were were saying, "Hey, we've wiped out 2, let's go to realm X and drop that one now!" If you dropped the server because you wanted to disrupt the game, and knew that's what would happen, you're gone. And an idiot.

2. If he/they didn't know it would happen, he/they probably should have realized it after the first 2 servers went down (I would hope they'd realize after #1, but servers crash for a number of reasons, so I'll give benefit of the doubt). That, at least, is poor judgment.

3. I don't know the man, never met him, wouldn't know him if I bumped into him on the street, and had to look up who he was when I saw the name posted so often on the forum, but vaguely remember watching one or two of his videos about warrior vs. other classes. He may be a great guy, may be a jerk, I don't know, so I'll assume he's a nice guy from what the majority of posts say. But I will say that I was a bit disappointed in his video that, either from the get-go or after things started going nuts (preferably from the start) he never once said something to the effect of, "Guys, I know a lot of you will be upset, and want to yell or protest. But please, don't be stupid, don't grief Blizzard, don't spam the boards or do anything to the game. I'm talking to the people I need to to try to get this resolved, and hopefully it'll work out. Your trying to mess things up won't help. If you love the game like I do, just give it some time and let me see what I can do. I appreciate your support, and will appreciate your patience even more." That would have been a classy, mature, responsible thing to do, and it's a shame it wasn't done.

4. For all those people who chose to 'protest' by creating toons, logging into Swifty's server (or any other), and spamming like crazy, knowing you'd disrupt the game and/or crash the server, you deserve a permaban, with no hope of appeal. What happened with Swifty might have been an accidental take-down of a server, but you doing that, to me (and I'm not a lawyer), is clearly a violation of the terms of the game, and you deserve the death penalty.

5. Finally, everyone complaining that the servers should be able to handle anything, even 5K+ characters in one area, I think you don't understand the way servers work, and maybe you should do some research. Do a search on this topic (Swifty's ban) and see some of the math people worked out for the loads of that many people all spamming at once - it's an incredible amount just for the text in the conversation box, never mind the graphics of the talk balloons. Simply put, there's no server that could handle that load with any ease without major work-arounds with the coding, which would mean the game wouldn't work the way it does, or the problem would just be avoided, not fixed. Yes, more servers and/or more power can help some things (like the issues with instance-clogging a while back), and Blizzard does what it can to improve that. But this was just more than any system could handle.

*shrugs* My thoughts anyway.
I have come to the conclusion that you are one one Swifty's alts, therefore your objections are not worth listening to anymore.

if that's your final argument, you have lost
I also find it interesting that not only can you clearly hear someone (I have no idea who's voice it is since I don't know these people) say they want to crash the server, and that hunter pets put more strain on them, but once something from customer service is mentioned, the voices get drowned out by music. Gotta wonder what was actually being said that they don't want people to hear, no?
07/19/2011 07:27 PMPosted by Carthis
I also find it interesting that not only can you clearly hear someone (I have no idea who's voice it is since I don't know these people) say they want to crash the server, and that hunter pets put more strain on them, but once something from customer service is mentioned, the voices get drowned out by music. Gotta wonder what was actually being said that they don't want people to hear, no?

that would be zybak, i just got new pants, yay me
I have to admit, I was a bit surprised that Swifty and Zybak were involved in such high level 'griefing'. They're both 30-somethings, not over-excitable 14 year olds (*). But still, it just goes to show what happens when people get caught up in mob behaviour, and surrender all good judgement. Doubly so, if people have some e-celebrity status, and then set in motion something that after a point they really can't control. (ala Darkspear).

Sadly, the real cost of all this nonsense, is that it means Blizzard has to use its already over-extended resources to sort through the mess, which takes a lot of time and energy. That means much longer queue times for dealing with other types of problems, such as scammers, hacking, botters, bugs and so on. Not good. Maybe that's something that Swifty's fan base should think about if they ever decide to maliciously disrupt someone else's server ever again, and then start wailing that the penalties are so unfair, and its everyone else's fault, but theirs.

Personally, I'm glad that Swifty's ban was lifted. He's likeable and good-natured, and he adds his own bit of flair, 'color' and creativity to the wow community. I just hope that from this point, he and Zybak go back to using their powers for good, not evil.

(*) That's not dissing 14 year olds, by the way. I'd be a bit worried if someone that age wasn't a bit excitable. Goes with the territory.

(Edited to correct some grammar and Swifty's and Zybak's ages, which someone pointed out are late 30s, not late 20s).
I have to admit, I was a bit surprised that Swifty and Zybak were involved in such high level 'griefing'. They're both 20-somethings, not over-excitable 14 year olds (*). But still, it just goes to show what happens when people get caught up in mob behaviour, and surrender all good judgement. Doubly so, if someone has some e-celebrity status, and then sets in motion something that after a point they really can't control. (ala Darkspear).

Sadly, the real cost of all this nonsense, is that it means Blizzard has to use its already over-extended resources to sort through the mess, which takes a lot of time and energy. That means much longer queue times for dealing with other types of problems, such as scammers, hacking, botters, bugs and so on. Not good. Maybe that's something that Swifty's fan base should think about if they ever decide to maliciously disrupt someone else's server ever again, and then start wailing that the penalties are so unfair, and its everyone else's fault, but theirs.

Personally, I'm sorta glad that Swifty's ban was lifted. He's likeable and good-natured, and he adds his own bit of flair, 'color' and creativity to the wow community. I just hope that from this point, he and Dara Mactire go back to using their powers for good, not evil.

(*) That's not dissing 14 year olds, by the way. I'd be a bit worried if someone that age wasn't a bit excitable. Goes with the territory.
its the internet, everyone's 14 years old and also female

meow!

Giggity.
07/19/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Jamara
They're both 20-somethings, not over-excitable 14 year olds (*).

fyi swifty is like 39 or 40 and should have known better.
3. I don't know the man, never met him, wouldn't know him if I bumped into him on the street, and had to look up who he was when I saw the name posted so often on the forum, but vaguely remember watching one or two of his videos about warrior vs. other classes. He may be a great guy, may be a jerk, I don't know, so I'll assume he's a nice guy from what the majority of posts say. But I will say that I was a bit disappointed in his video that, either from the get-go or after things started going nuts (preferably from the start) he never once said something to the effect of, "Guys, I know a lot of you will be upset, and want to yell or protest. But please, don't be stupid, don't grief Blizzard, don't spam the boards or do anything to the game. I'm talking to the people I need to to try to get this resolved, and hopefully it'll work out. Your trying to mess things up won't help. If you love the game like I do, just give it some time and let me see what I can do. I appreciate your support, and will appreciate your patience even more." That would have been a classy, mature, responsible thing to do, and it's a shame it wasn't done.

^^ This.

and btw Blizz, I think you're doing a great job in handling this regardless of the nay sayers. I've done CS, it's a thankless job over all and 9 times out of 10 underpaid for what you have to put up with.
Perhaps, since swifty doesn't want to accept any responsibility and there are so many swifty fans who choose to believe their hero is without fault, and blizzard has pretty much done whatever they plan on doing (which doesn't amount to much in the end), the best course of action for anyone who thinks this whole thing stinks is to stop wasting time writing on this forum, but instead write an email to razr.. the company that sponsored the event. Perhaps tell them you won't support a company that supports this type of event that infringes on the game time of so many people... for lulz.

Or you can use their online form...

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

and choose suggestions/feedback on the bottom...

My message to razer...

The recent events that transpired on Darkspear (WOW US server) have left a bad taste in my mouth, both for swifty as well as your company. The fact that he participated in an event that caused servers to crash a number of times, was banned for it, then created a overly dramatic video that prompted a number of idiots to bring darkspear down a number of times in protest just makes me rethink my gaming peripheral choices since you actively participated in not only sponsoring the event, and swifty, but then undermined the entire process blizzard created to deal with griefers by stepping into the debacle to save your poster boy. I won't be buying any more razer products if this is the kind of gaming company my money supports. Boo on you and boo on swifty and boo on blizzard to caving in to your fat wallet.

everyone has a personality disorder, usually more than one, you learn this in high school

Sorry, but that's untrue and apparently typical of the American school system. Personality disorders are extreme chronic behaviours that wreak havoc in people's lives by their very nature. The more I hear the more I believe this guy is the poster child for Histrionic PD.
Seems to me like there are two extremes of people here;

1.Swifty fans who were foaming at the mouth over the ban and touting him like some sort of blameless demi-god who just crashed 3 servers "on accident" and is totally innocent, and

2. People getting on their high horses (and foaming at the mouth much like Swifty's fans) crying "OMG CELEBRITY FAVORITISM BLIZZ YOU GUTLESS COWARDS", and screaming demands for Swifty's head on a stick.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, because while he did, with clear intent, cause the crashes and does deserve some degree of punishment, a perma ban is too harsh (and this should apply to others not just Swifty) and reviewing the decision seems fair.

Absolutely and completely wrong, wrong, wrong.
You state that he 'with clear intent' caused the servers to crash.
There is no 'in the middle truth'
It's end of story right there.

No reviews.
No the punishment isn't too harsh.
He knew what he was doing, he knew what the consequences were.
He made his own bed and he SHOULD have had to lie in it.

But Blizz is, as you stated, gutless cowards.
Wow way to back down Blizzard. I am a long time player too and I do not think ANYONE should get special treatment. But I guess as long as you have sponsorship different rules apply.

This event crashed 3 servers. For the first time in a long time I was actually impressed that you actually enforced the rules for a change. But nope I was wrong. Way to show that enough fan boy forum qq can get someone unbanned.

I guess the rules are just words and they mean nothing at all. Way to completely undermine your own rule set. But hey my stupid fault for actually considering that you would stick to your guns on this.

Unbanning these people responsible for this stupid event is CONDONING this behavior in the future. Did any of you Blues watch the stream? They were cheering it on. It blows my mind that you are letting them get away with a slap on the wrist.

Weak Blizzard. Just weak.