Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Prev 1 71 72 73 76 Next
Meh, he got unbanned, others will be banned, blizzard did somethinga about it.

Nothing more to discuss, eh?
I have come to the conclusion that you are one one Swifty's alts, therefore your objections are not worth listening to anymore.

that's zybak, you can't lump everyone together just because it makes easier, easier doesn't make it better or right in any way

Yes you CAN lump them all together because they were sharing the responsiblity of the live stream itself.

In fact this guy actually made a video where he claims OWNERSHIP of the event and the fact that it crashed a server.

What he doesnt show is whats left in the outrage and on the livestream, 2+ more servers being brought down by this "Event".

Bring down a server, shame on blizz
Bring down two servers, sham on griefers.
Bring down 3+...
Oh wait nothing really happened to the guy that orchestrated the event that brought down 3+ servers.

ITT people who:
a) havent even bothered to listen to their "HERO" or anything that was posted in the streams
b) havent read this thread.
Not like were !@#$ing drinking blizz >.<
Well....Eh...Nevermind then
Denial-of-service attacks (DDoS) violate the acceptable use policies of virtually all Internet service providers. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations.

In the US, there can be a serious federal crime under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act with penalties that include years of imprisonment. Many other countries have similar laws.

However Swifty, Zybac and Dara Mactire guild get off scott free. THIS IS SO WRONG

it wasn't a DDoS, get off your soap box

2 minutes ago

An attack which is successful in consuming resources on the victim computer must be either:

carried out by an attacker with great resources, by either:
controlling a computer with great computation power or, more commonly, large network bandwidth
controlling a large number of computers and directing them to attack as a group. A DDOS attack is the primary example of this.
taking advantage of a property of the operating system or applications on the victim system which enables an attack consuming vastly more of the victim's resources than the attacker's (an asymmetric attack).

the lack of intelligence in this thread is really beginning to dwindle

Agreed, however a DDOS is a DISTRIBUTED Denial of Service attack, frequently carried out by zombies or bots in large numbers. Sound familiar in regards to what the fanbois (notsoSwifty) supporters conducted in order to free their hero?
I have come to the conclusion that you are one one Swifty's alts, therefore your objections are not worth listening to anymore.

Yes you CAN lump them all together because they were sharing the responsiblity of the live stream itself.

In fact this guy actually made a video where he claims OWNERSHIP of the event and the fact that it crashed a server.

What he doesnt show is whats left in the outrage and on the livestream, 2+ more servers being brought down by this "Event".

Bring down 3+...
Oh wait nothing really happened to the guy that orchestrated the event that brought down 3+ servers.

ITT people who:
a) havent even bothered to listen to their "HERO" or anything that was posted in the streams
You are 100% right except you keep mixing up Zybak with Swifty.
Or you can use their online form...

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

and choose suggestions/feedback on the bottom...

Done and done. Grand idea, thank you.
07/19/2011 06:54 PMPosted by Swifthowl

I keep hearing references to this Athene. I'm guessing thats another unimportant e-celeb like this Swifty that I never heard of before yesterday.

Athene's only real claim to fame is being the first person in the world to hit 80 and 85.

Then there's the ban he got for how he hit 80.

Thank you. Yes, another unimportant exploitative 'hero' to the kiddies.

everyone has a personality disorder, usually more than one, you learn this in high school

Sorry, but that's untrue and apparently typical of the American school system. Personality disorders are extreme chronic behaviours that wreak havoc in people's lives by their very nature. The more I hear the more I believe this guy is the poster child for Histrionic PD.

wrong, people develop personality disorders in their defense throughout life, they shift constantly, and the only ones they are referring to are the extremes, we all exhibit them, you are showing Narcissistic and Passive-Aggressive
This is upset a lot of people on both sides, so am I the only one thinking the guys making GW2 & SWTOR are having a good long laugh about all this? Blizzard.... shooting themselves in the foot since November 23 2004!
07/19/2011 06:56 PMPosted by Siofra

I keep hearing references to this Athene. I'm guessing thats another unimportant e-celeb like this Swifty that I never heard of before yesterday.

he was a guy that got caught using a bot program back when LK went live and made "Worlds 1st lvl 80" in 24 hours well they stripped him of his cheeve and lvl by resetting him back to 70

I vaguely remember something about that at the time. Sounds like a real winner cheating at a video game. lol

Bring down 3+...

ITT people who:

not really, take a business and law course, its fun, you'll like it
07/19/2011 07:57 PMPosted by Siofra
putting aside tin foil hats and crazy conspiricy theorys lets ask blizz for one simple answer why was this paticuliar player given so quick a reversal on his perm ban despite the fact this was the 2nd time he was involved or particapated in such an action which caused entire server(s) to crash and would this type of violation have been "overlooked" had he not been in the employ of a company which you are partnered with? i think the player base has at least a right to an answer for that

Holy run on sentence Batman! But in that anaconda of a sentence you answered your own question.

Sponsorship = Special Treatment
This is upset a lot of people on both sides, so am I the only one thinking the guys making GW2 & SWTOR are having a good long laugh about all this?

If they're smart, they aren't laughing. Instead they'll be looking for ways to prevent server crashes by thoughtless idiots of this ilk. I don't think they can make it so servers never crash for over pop idiocy but maybe make it that after a group hits a certain number they get booted and given a cool down might be an option. I don't know I'm not versed in tech knowledge but my point is, if they're smart they'll just be going "oh !@#$, this could happen to us, what can we do to prevent a situation like this?"
I find it extremely hilarious that there is a video made by YOU HERO where he takes ownership of the event that crashes the servers, and yet you still argue that someone else was in charge.

BTW,

Yall getting your free mouses and headsets yet?
I find it extremely hilarious that there is a video made by YOU HERO where he takes ownership of the event that crashes the servers, and yet you still argue that someone else was in charge.

BTW,

Yall getting your free mouses and headsets yet?
was it an event TO crash the server

AW !@#$, im steering rhyolith, would like a keyboard tbh since you would like to know troll
where is this evidence??..
the only place is on swifty's video where his shirt mysteriously changes..
you can see where the video is cut when this occurs.
(cougheditedcough)

What evidence? I never said I had evidence. If you'll notice - I said in my second sentence that I wish I had been frapsing the stream. The fact is that he changed his shirt during the live stream, this isn't that hard to believe if you know that the point in the video when he's wearing a red shirt, is hours before the Razor giveaway event, and he wasn't hosting it for that entire time inbetween. I saw the entire stream, and he said everything you see in his 'banned' video. Simple as that. Obviously he picked out the best parts to put into his banned video, his very cheesy banned video, but the accusations of the footage being edited are incorrect.

Why wasn't I frapsing? Because it was never supposed to turn into what it did, had I known what would happen, that servers would be crashed, and that the evidence of what happened would be useful - trust me I would have been frapsing. Even if the evidence was completely damning I would have frapsed it, I'm not some 'fanboi who loves my dear Swifty', he's just one of many WoW Youtubers I'm subscribed to and he happened to post a live stream on his channel. But I've watched him enough to know what type of person he is in general.

They were PvP'ing - Dueling, raiding Thunderbluff, did some rated battlegrounds, stuff like that. They were taking turns hosting the stream. At some point during one of Swiftys streams they all decided it was time to do the Razor giveaway. It was originally done on there own server, but due to people cheating to find him, (level ones getting rides from friends to his location when they were supposed to walk) it didn't work out.

So him and the others decided that he should go to a random server and make a level one character, the first level one to find him get's the prize. But due to Real-ID, which they totally forgot about, people quickly knew what server he was on, and eventually a level one found him and won the prize. Seconds after the first person found him he was being surrounded by level ones, it was actually very awesome to watch at the time. They then all ran to the trade district and yelled "Swifty Invasion!", but they said "everybody only say it once or twice". This was before Zybak had gone completely mad with power and before there were too many level ones. No server was crashed at this point, and the idea of one being crashed hadn't been thought of yet. It was in all honesty, just good fun.

When they went to the second server (Swifty was not picking servers, he was really only doing what the GM said too) so many people logged on at once because the guild had discussed which server to go to openly over vent, that Swifty couldn't even log in to do his competition; so he didn't even witness the first crash. In his 'I'm banned' video when he says "What? You crash the server? No waay, woooow!", it was not edited in.

They then discussed going to a lower-population server so the server stress wouldn't be so bad. Did they end of doing this? I don't know, they changed what server to go to a few times, I don't remember what they ended up deciding.

Okay this post is far too large, I'll try to be even more brief.

Second crash - Swifty was finally able to log on for the first time, and as my eyes were the live stream, it was my first time seeing it too. Tons of people. You didn't really realize what was happening until you saw hundreds of level ones. Server crashed shortly after. It's this crash that everybody keeps posting videos of, with Zybak telling people to spam and make hunters while swifty is getting the next prize and show casing it on the live stream. Swifty then made a character, changed it's hairstyle as you hear in that zybak video, and logs on to "see the madness".

I don't remember much about the third, but Swifty never logged in himself, he said something about phone calls and emails. It was at some point either during or between the 3rd crash and when they decided to stop because any server they went to was going to crash, Swifty stopped streaming and one of the other guild members took it up. They were then followed to there own server by a mad mob of spamming level one humans, curtasy of Zyback's earlier encouragement.

Swifty was not contacted by a GM till 5 - 10 minutes after they had gone back to there own server, and Swifty was no longer streaming. One of the guild members in vent said that Swifty was talking to a GM. Vent quieted a little, but some were still lauphing about the level ones that had followed them (Guess who). Then I think it was the guild leader said very suddenly to "Turn the stream off, now" and it was cut off.

A day or two later the information that he was banned came out. The forums exploded, a lot of ignorant people calling Swifty all sorts of things for "purposely crashing three servers, and planning to crash dozens more if they hadn't banned him". And anybody defending him were ignorant "fanbois", when the "ignorant" side of it was really the other way around. Mostly.

Here's the thing. Nobody is arguing that the stream shouldn't have been stopped much, much sooner. Nobody is saying that Swifty is a little angel whom is completely innocent of all errors. But when they realized how serious it was, and that any server they went to would crash, the stopped encouraging it in any way. Except Zybak and the more immature ones, who are to blame for the spamming and general chaos in the first place.

If Swifty recieved a warning? good. A temp ban? good. But when he was given a permanent ban, that was ridiculous. Why? Because he simply didn't deserve it. Simple as that. You have to understand, whatever you have heard about him, whatever judgements you have made based off of this mess, that he is not a malicious character. I repeat, he is not a malicious character. And Blizzard knows this.

He won't ever let this happen again, because he never meant for it to happen in the first place.
There aren't any factual reasons to ban him permanently.
Because he made a mistake holding an event so large? Because he could have shut it down sooner had he really tried? None of that deserves a perm ban for a first time offense, especially when everybody who witnessed the entire stream knows that he didn't mean for this to happen. A warning or suspension? Sure, but he's already basically served that in the time that he thought he was perm banned, and I would imagine that for him it has been much more stressful this way. All these frothing people can come up with is that he purposely crashed three servers, so why the hell isn't he being banned? Well. It could be because he didn't purposely crash three servers.

He is not a malicious person whos intent it was to cause harm, so why on earth should he be permanently banned? Blizzard has made the correct decision, they have stated that razor had nothing to do with it, they have stated that any reversals are because the crime did not fit the original punishment. And it's 100% correct that he did not deserve to be permanently banned.

Judge a man by his intentions folks. My opinion has not changed since the night this happened, when they said that Swifty had been contacted by a GM, and it hit home on everybody how serious this could end up being, my first thought was that Swifty himself did not in any way deserve to be banned, and that he had better not be banned, my thoughts immediately turned to Zybak when I thought of somebody who was actually responsible for what had happened.
Zybak's comment after all this was that "We can't do that anymore because it pisses Blizard off", while with the same breath talking about how much fun it all was. If you're looking for somebody who may need some slight 'discipline' it's him and people like him, who would do it again if given the chance to not get caught.

This mess of a mistake has gone on long enough, so please, take those very large sticks that have somehow wedged themselves into your asses out, and kindly go home.

*edited 'you' to 'your', and 'his' to 'Zybak's' to be clear of who I was talking about.
HERO - "i didnt know that my fat girlfriend was going to break the ride"
MMOPeeps - "there was a sign, son, no fat people"
HERO - "but i didnt mean for the ride to break down"
MMOPeeps - "she broke 3 of our rides and with think she broke 2 more after that!"
HERO - "Well i didnt MAKE her get on"
MMOPeeps - "you told her you were going to propose if she did! everything was YOUR idea, if it wasnt for you, she wouldnt have gotten on them"
HERO - "she didnt have to"
MMOPeeps - "Irrellevant, she was in love with you and clearly would do anything you said, you are a very popular hero, HERO"
HERO - "But..."
MMOPeeps - "You could have stopped her but instead you encouraged her to go on more rides after breaking the first, promising rewards if she did!"

Sound familiar?
Trolls are trolling hard on Swifty. This guy is no different then any of your wastes of !@#$%. Except that he found a way to make money while doing the thing he loves. I would have to say that 90 percent of the people in this forum would be glad to live the life he lives. A suspension was semi reasonable even though I dont know how Blizz makes these decisions. I have harrassed, sexually harrased, been racist, vulgar, immature, and so on in text in the game and have never had anything over a 72 hour suspension. I have had friends that have botted all the way to max levels and they never got a suspension. I know of people who would arena win trade and yet they are still playing. I know of a real life friend of mine who was sharing his account with four of his friends and it got reported and didnt get suspended. The suspension and banning bias in this game is not set in stone and its one thing that will happen when you click that "I agree" to the terms of service, that you can just be suspended or banned for whatever and whenever. Blizzards owns the accounts therefore they can do whatever they want with them. They didnt care about one persons, such as swifty, money until they witnessed the amount of uproar it caused in their society. Blizzard is a bussiness that has how many million subs. One in that 10 million doesnt bother them but when it turns in say 30,000 they start to realize from a bussiness perspective its not a good idea to fully ban him.