[BUG] Masterwork elementium deathblade speed

Bug Report
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
Wow I just noticed that and wasted a bunch of mats to make one to optimize my dps in PvP. Could we get an explanation on this? Is it the in game tooltip or the wowhead one?
Would like some clarification on this before I purchase the recipe.
I have no desire to purchase it only to find out it's 3.50 speed.
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6490/swordpx.png

the only haste on my gear is from the sword, and the 10% from hunting party/icy talons. I just am curious to know if this is a bug in the game and it should be a 3.8 swing speed, or a bug in the tooltip that was not resolved before the patch was released,and it should in fact be shown as a 3.5 swing speed.

/e My Damage goes from 4885-5942 with Akirus equipped to 4880-5967 with the Deathblade equipped, for a loss of 5 on the bottom end, and a gain of 25 on the top end. Hardly an upgrade at all, even with the increase in strength from the higher item level.
Tested also. Masterwork Elementium Deathblade without Corefire Legplates Worn. Had 2.6 speed. Blade of the fearless with Corefire Legplates worn for same haste = 2.82 speed. Both weapons listed 3.8 speed. Agree should be somewhere between 3.5-3.6 when compared to Witch-Hunter's Harvester for about an equal referance to actual speed.

Well so much for above links since they show the 3.5 But it is still fraudulant to all those who already made it based on ingame info and no blizz confirmation.
This needs to be addressed, people are unlocking these patterns and forging and selling these blades and wasting large amounts of gold in doing so.

In it's current state it's pathetic and not even worth crafting or using.
bump for blue response
I'd either like them to "fix" this or give me back my mats. I was expecting a rise of about 200 top end damage and I instead see a fall of about 200 top end damage when equipping this.

Fix the model or the icon on the weapon too; you guys are usually good about making them match so we know what model to expect.
The weapon should be a 3.8 speed weapon and help bridge the gap from Tier 11 to Tier 12 raid weapons. Zin Rohk was 3.8 speed, why shouldn't this sword be 3.8 speed? They clearly intended for it to be 3.8 speed, otherwise the tooltip wouldn't have been messed up.

If they did change it to 3.5 it was some knee jerk reaction at the last minute and was implemented poorly.

The other problem with this sword is it just has a placeholder graphic - I honestly expect more for a new tier of gear even if its crafted. This sword should look big, its a deathblade. If you want to recycle a sword model bring back the untamed blade graphic or some sword that people actually liked the look of. Recycling graphics that were never popular isn't going to get ANY good feedback.
Once again, can we please get some sort of response to this issue.
Please blue, just an update. Is it supposed to be 3.5 or 3.8?
07/20/2011 10:18 AMPosted by Nihlathak
If they did change it to 3.5 it was some knee jerk reaction at the last minute and was implemented poorly.

What is odd is that the tooltip is pulling the "correct" data while equipping it results in different data. I would think the tooltip would pull the data correctly, this just makes me worried that other items could potentially be misrepresented via the tooltip and it means that tooltips are not pulling data live from the database but instead pre-burned data from client-side.
I must say I'm rather disappointed with how this "mistake" has occurred. It feels like a bait and switch tactic of some sort, considering this weapon could have been a considerable improvement over the Akirus I've been stuck with forever. Instead, it only seems to be a minimal upgrade and I wouldn't have gone to such an expense if the tool tips in-game weren't falsely advertising this sword as a solid and assured DPS gain.
Testing it against my 359 Akirus, it still doesn't hit quite as hard on a hit-for-hit basis. Considering the "corrected" tool tip linked above by Twosocks shows that it should be hitting at least noticably harder, I think there are some glitches running deeper than things appear with this weapon. Someone's really messed things up on this one on so many levels.
... I think there are some glitches running deeper than things appear with this weapon. Someone's really messed things up on this one on so many levels.

To me it reeks of having tooltip data pre-burned for client side and then having some designer change the data on the server before they pushed the data to the live servers.

In this manner the tooptip has the "old" data and the server has the "correct" data. I would almost think a designer "accidently" saved data while messing around with this particular weapon in their tools.
07/20/2011 11:46 AMPosted by Kahk
In this manner the tooptip has the "old" data and the server has the "correct" data. I would almost think a designer "accidently" saved data while messing around with this particular weapon in their tools.

Masterwork Elementium Deathblade should be showing as doing more damage hit for hit then, considering this link is supposedly the more up to date one compared to the messed up tool tips stored client-side on our WoW installations. I'm still using Akirus the Worm-Breaker as it's still showing me that it hits harder for it's white damage and my special attacks. The information I'm going by is what I see in my character panel when I equip each weapon and also when I watch my damage ranges while monitoring my Recount output. I'm not impressed with this new sword.
The only benefit I'd get from the Deathblade now would be it's haste bonus helping my other abilities... but considering someone messed up this weapon so badly, I'm not very confident in using it. If it's an upgrade, it's marginal at best. Considering the inconsistencies shown with even the armory link's damage ratings, I'm still not convinced this weapon is what it should be even compared to what the armory shows it as.
Like everyone else here, I was expecting a 3.8 speed weapon when I crafted it. Contacted an in-game GM and they claim to know nothing about it and told me to post on the forums about it. Hopefully we get a response soon because i can see a lot more angry people in the coming days as they sell more and more. Like the above poster i'm also still using Akirus since the sword in its current state is worthless.
Another relevance bump, to keep it at the top of the page.
Can we please get some sort of response to this issue.
Just spoke with a GM. They know exactly what's going on.

Alright, I am afraid that the fact that the speed and min/max damage values are not accurate is something we are aware of and our developement team is working to correct this.

When asked which is incorrect, the tooltip or the weapon:

The tooltip is incorrect. I can assure you though that 659.2 is the weapons average DPS and the actual damage values and speed for it are 1845 - 2769 and the weapon has a speed of 3.5

When asked if they would rectify the situation with a refund:

I am sorry for any confusion however we will not be able to reverse the crafting or enchanting of the weapon =(. If you can tell me the name of your old weapon I may be able to restore that for you though.

So, obviously their mistake, and we get screwed.
Just spoke with a GM. They know exactly what's going on.

Alright, I am afraid that the fact that the speed and min/max damage values are not accurate is something we are aware of and our developement team is working to correct this.

When asked which is incorrect, the tooltip or the weapon:

The tooltip is incorrect. I can assure you though that 659.2 is the weapons average DPS and the actual damage values and speed for it are 1845 - 2769 and the weapon has a speed of 3.5

When asked if they would rectify the situation with a refund:

I am sorry for any confusion however we will not be able to reverse the crafting or enchanting of the weapon =(. If you can tell me the name of your old weapon I may be able to restore that for you though.

So, obviously their mistake, and we get screwed.

Wow, ugh.

Even with that said, how do you explain this Blizz?

07/20/2011 11:57 AMPosted by Nibowinan

Masterwork Elementium Deathblade should be showing as doing more damage hit for hit then, considering this link is supposedly the more up to date one compared to the messed up tool tips stored client-side on our WoW installations. I'm still using Akirus the Worm-Breaker as it's still showing me that it hits harder for it's white damage and my special attacks. The information I'm going by is what I see in my character panel when I equip each weapon and also when I watch my damage ranges while monitoring my Recount output. I'm not impressed with this new sword.
The only benefit I'd get from the Deathblade now would be it's haste bonus helping my other abilities... but considering someone messed up this weapon so badly, I'm not very confident in using it. If it's an upgrade, it's marginal at best. Considering the inconsistencies shown with even the armory link's damage ratings, I'm still not convinced this weapon is what it should be even compared to what the armory shows it as.
... I'm still not convinced this weapon is what it should be even compared to what the armory shows it as.

If the new sword is indeed supposed to be what is reflected in the Tooltip; the sword will be a significant upgrade over most pre-4.2 weapons minus heroics.

If the new sword is indeed supposed to be the 1845-2769 3.5s weapon; it will essentially not be worth the mats to make it although slightly better than most pre-4.2 weapons. Most of the items from the new recipes are stupid useless; so far the most useful is the healer mace.

Blizzard should understand that the value of the mats to make most of these items is worth far greater than the upgrade potiential from the items.
I'd like my mats back, and the Akirus I vendored.