Ready for Raiding II: Devout Harbinger

Achievements
07/26/2011 09:50 AMPosted by Neryssa
What we did to get the achievement was just summon the Harbringer so I could solo it for them, while they simply ran away from combat.

This is what worked the best. I managed to get it for myself by hitting him until low, running out of combat down the ramp and then running back up for a few shots. Then, I felt kinda bad for the other guy who did it 4 times with me and no luck, so we grouped up while he just sat down the hill the entire time while I solo'd it. Worked like a charm.
I feel bad for those having trouble with this one.

Devout Harbinger was there today.
There was myself, another Alliance, and two Horde players on the scene.
Neither myself or the Ally player were in a group. Once the fight started, I ran in and hit the Harbinger a couple times and then I spent the rest of the fight running around, avoiding the fiery rows on the ground and the ones that spawned behind me as I was running.

At the end of the fight, I had the achievement.

This was the second time trying. The first time I made the mistake of running thru someone else's fire trail.
I managed to get the Harbinger just now. I was in a party with 2 others, the pally stayed on her while the hunter and myself just ran around in a circle, tossing out damage when we could.

Our first attempts, there was a horde party there and there were just too many crisscrossed flame paths messing everyone up. Its much easier if there's no one else around.
this was the simplest way i did it.

1.) invite friend to group
2.) stay at the quest hub
3.) let him kill the devout harbringer
4.) get credit for achievement
5.) $$$
Okay, I have literally tried EVERY trick, guide, and cheat listed here and on wowhead - still nothing.

Classic run/jump - nothing
Hit, go down ramp, reengage for kill - nothing
Camp at quest hub while friends kill - nothing
Friends interrupting her Inferno so it never casts - NOTHING

That's it, I give up, I'll try again when Blizzard fixes this !@#$.
The problem is, you or your group need to be the one(s) that tag the mob. While anyone who helps can get kill credit, only the people who got the tag can get achievement credit (much like the fiery lords of sethria's roost). As an added bonus for anyone that has pets, including temporary ones, they can fail the achievement for you, i recommend not having any out.
07/26/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Farador
just have a group that can stun her when she cast creaping, kick dosent work only stun
To do it without cheesing the encounter by being at the top of the ramp, bringing so many people she dies absurdly fast, or just keep trying and hope you get lucky, I advise stuns.

Ironically, the best class? Druid. Go cat, 1 combo point maim each time. She casts two spells. One is incinerate, which seems to only go on the tree for no meaningful effect. (interruptible, but don't bother) The other is the creeping flames one. This is not interruptible, but she can be stunned. Feral cat sits on her, 1 combo point maim it. Unlike most nasty uninterruptible spells, she doesn't cast it immediately again on breaking stun. She just continues with weak incinerates/melee, then casts the creeping one 20 seconds or so later. Fairly certain a resto/balance druid can solo this, all they need to do is go cat and autoattack with one combo point up, waiting for the creeping cast bar with their finger over maim.

But this one is very, very annoying. An uninterruptible spell that really can't be avoided. Running in any way will not help. Jumping timed well may, but I swear I've seen the effect (and combat log event) hit me when I was in mid-air when it went off. The others elites I've seen are effectively situational awareness checks, appropriate for the achievement title.
I just got it without stunning the boss, and I did get hit by the initial spell debuff (the one with the fire nova). There were ~5 people trying to get it, and I didn't get it until, based on manwich's suggestion, I spammed flameshock to tag the npc as soon as she became active.
I get all these achievements done now by just sending in my pet/teammate and standing near the Charhounds. You're out of range of all their moves but still get credit if your group summoned it.
You HAVE to be the one to talk to the elemental to start the fight. Running in and tagging her after combat starts will not do it.

Once the fight starts, she hits you with the Creeping Inferno debuff which starts a trail of flame chasing you.

As long as you don't get hit by the flame following you, you get credit toward the achievement.

Did that, didn't work. Was the only one fighting it on a few tries. My start, my tag, my kill. Nothing. Didn't matter how many different ways I did it, still got nothing. I think this is in fact, bugged for some people. And it doesn't help that a GM wont comment. >_< Also, I wanted to note for ALL the other Mobs for this achievement thus far, I have not had to start the event, nor tag it first, in order to get credit. Run up, fight in progress? I just help and don't get hit, and boom achievement progress made.
This achievement is bugged and not worth your time investment.

To think I dropped the airbombing quest for this crap.

I tried everything and I do mean everything.

Doing it straight. No credit.

Cheating it. No credit.

Iceblocking the cast. No debuff, she dies, no credit.

Screw this POS until it's fixed.
Try:

1) group up with 1 or more people.
2) your group starts quest AND tags mob (just to be on the safe side).
3) you wait patiently at the bottom of the ramp for them to kill it.
4) ????
5) Profit.
Try:

4) ????
5) Profit.

6) You fail to get credit for the achievement.
Try:

4) ????
5) Profit.

Hit mob once and run towards dogs, get credit.

Hit mob once and fail to get credit.

Hit mob a lot and fail to get credit.

Summon mob, tag mob, run down the hill, get out of combat, run back, get killing blow, fail to get credit.

I wasted an hour of my life on this POS achievement today. Please don't tell me how YOU got it when nobody else seemingly can.

(Yes, I know people do. It just plain dumb luck.)

Hit mob once and fail to get credit.

Hit mob a lot and fail to get credit.

Summon mob, tag mob, run down the hill, get out of combat, run back, get killing blow, fail to get credit.

I wasted an hour of my life on this POS achievement today. Please don't tell me how YOU got it when nobody else seemingly can.

(Yes, I know people do. It just plain dumb luck.)

It wasn't just me who got it that way, though. I even joined with a random druid, who funny enough wound up being the mother of a big guildie, and we aggro'd the boss with the tree, hit it first, and then just ran away and let the other players kill it. We still got credit. Are you always running down the path? Because that might be where it really glitches. You might have to stay up in the fighting zone, aka near where the dogs are. You're well out of range of all their attacks and you can even run in and get one last blow or two before they die if you really want to make sure.

Your attitude isn't needed. You listed that you'd done "everything" and then listed stuff which didn't include that suggestion. So I suggested it trying to help.

That wasn't how I personally had gotten the achievement but it was how I helped others get it.

We get you're frustrated but no need to take that out on people trying to help you.
i got it must be working,