Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next

Well, that explains it. Also, I think this is the real problem here. The kerfluffle about a tooltip is really just a symptom.

The whole point of normalization was to make it so that a superior weapon truly is superior. A lower-level weapon should never be better, just because of the speed on it.

It's to avoid the entire nonsense of the Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle, which was the best hunter weapon through much of Burning Crusade, even over far higher level weapons, just because it had the perfect speed on it for weaving shots. The whole primary stat thing was also to make it so that upgrade is truly an upgrade.

All specials should have normalized weapon damage. Frankly, I'm puzzled as to why they don't already. This whole problem shouldn't be happening. An upgrade shouldn't be a downgrade.

That is actually up for question, at the most simple level T12 tank plate will not give better DPS than T11 DPS plate (ignoring my boots where blizzard muppetry made tank boots better than any equal ilevel DPS boots).

However, one of the fun parts of the game is to juggle gear and stats and making BiS lists. There are times, like with weapon speed where a slower, lower ilevel weapon is better than a faster higher ilevel weapon, and part of the "skill" / fun in WoW is knowing how to optimize your toon. You might do ok with a fairly random set up but there is the option to max/min and research for higher DPS.

The problem with the sword is not that it is at best a sidegrade, and at worst an actual downgrade, the problem is that because of the broken tooltip it appears that it should be an upgrade over all i359 weapons but it is not.

Our issues are more with the utter lack of communication from blizzard warning of this bug.

Their lack of explanation as to why on earth they think that making this sword so bad is "fun" for their customers.

And why they are not "doing the right thing" and working to either fix the stats to fit the tooltip (rather than the working as intended comment that helps no one) or working out ways of replacing the weapon for people who were misled into buying it, and will continue to be misled into buying it.

The fact that the sword is 3.5s is almost beside the point. The issue is that it is yet another case of shocking customer support. And in all honesty you can only antagonize your customers so much.

I'm curious too, but really, they've asked us to stop making threads about it.

However, there are too many people who are not informed of the issue, who will still buy what they think is a 3k TED weapon, and who are going to be even more upset when they find out that they got ripped off.

No reason to stop bumping this issue, whether they want us to shut up about it or not. 2H DPS shouldn't be getting ripped off like this.

They have asked us to stop making new threads about it, I have not checked the bugs forums for whether newer buyers are starting new threads since the locked thread with the blue post disappeared off the front page which would be an indication of whether this single active thread is enough.

This is fair.
Even if they put it back to 3.8 I wouldn't buy one. It's too ugly.
... It's too ugly.

Yet you made a male bloodelf? I do think they originally intended it to be the same model as the Fang of the Leviathan
The reason for this confusion stemmed from a quirk in the way item hotfixes have to be applied, unfortunately. We hope to have the item's data completely corrected soon so others are not caught off guard by what the tooltip currently states.

Yes, obviously Blizzard needs to fix the tooltip on the pattern and the item if they're not going to just make it 3.80 like it ought to be. But, I think the real question ought to be:

Why isn't it 3.80 anyway?

At 3.80 speed, the weapon was over-performing relative to its cost and the ease with which it can be obtained.
07/28/2011 04:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
At 3.80 speed, the weapon was over-performing relative to its cost and the ease with which it can be obtained.

Zarhym,

Can you please explain why it was 365iLevel ~3200TED and 3.8s in 4.2 Beta, then we are seeing 365iLevel ~3000TED 3.8s on tooltip, and now 365iLevel ~2800TED and 3.5s actual?

Can you admit that it really looks like it may have been double nerfed?

Also why use a different item icon for the weapon? It is very unblizzard like for something to not be consistent.

Also, when was this part of a hotfix? There are no notes anywhere, that I can find, that prepare your customers for this.

Understandable. So why 3.5 (which makes it rather bad for most specs) instead of 3.6, which is a bit more standard? 3.5 is exceptionally fast for a 2h weapon.
07/28/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Tiakatt

Understandable. So why 3.5 (which makes it rather bad for most specs) instead of 3.6, which is a bit more standard? 3.5 is exceptionally fast for a 2h weapon.

I agree, I really think this needs to be looked at again. And as for the ease of making this weapon, I think that the queues for dps for heroics should be taken into account as well.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413

So where is the hotfix note on this change?
07/28/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Tiakatt
So why 3.5 (which makes it rather bad for most specs) instead of 3.6

Because the tooltip data is actually a bit off, using those damage numbers and speed it becomes an ~632.9DPS weapon... meaning its iLevel would be incorrect. (I could be wrong here, forgetting the low end number)

^ I was wrong... at 2003-3006 3.8s the weapon would be 659.0789DPS. (Current TOOLTIP)

They could make it 1743-3002 3.6s and result in a 659.02DPS weapon.
I just wanna know why the sword is so danged ugly...

07/28/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Kahk
Also why use a different item icon for the weapon? It is very unblizzard like for something to not be consistent.

whole heartedly agree
at 3.5 speed its pretty much not worth buying... so why even put it in the game
I just wanna know why the sword is so danged ugly...

whole heartedly agree

One of the first things I said to myself when I saw the weapons and the Molten Front gear in general was 'Why do these look like level 70 greens from Northrend?' I guess they got a bit lazy in the end.
07/28/2011 05:40 PMPosted by Klaelthorn
at 3.5 speed its pretty much not worth buying... so why even put it in the game

I call B.S on this whole ordeal. There isn't a good reason why a Zandalar drop should be at parity or better than a crafted sword of a higher ilevel. A crafted that you have to go through hoops just to get. That doesn't make any damn sense at all and makes me think it was placed in the game under false pretenses for any of a myriad of reasons.