Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
07/29/2011 01:25 AMPosted by ßamf
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

Making it a 3.5 speed actually made it worse than its counterparts for all classes but Death Knights. The other weapons don't suffer the same penalty, why discriminate against 2-handed melee classes?

This isn't even delving into the matter that is your (Blizzard Representatives) response time on this subject. You took over a month to come up with a one-liner of an explanation, meanwhile hundreds, possibly thousands of players are paying in gold & time for what is actually a dps downgrade for them.
You punished those looking to squeeze the best out of their character.

Bravo, f***ing bravo.
It's worse for DK's too :( That aren't blood I guess.
Its the pvp gear change all over again. Thanks for wasting my time yet again, Blizzard.
In other words since anyone can simply either get a friend to make it or walk up to the AH and buy a brand new 365 weapon it needs to purposely suck?

I sorta get it, but my question is what's the point? Why bother even adding a crafted item that is meant to under-perform vs similar weapons? I don't get it.

Last time I checked I can buy 378 BOEs on the AH via Firelands trash that are light years ahead of anything crafted. Why bother having crafted professions if you make the items less attractive. This reaks of classic WOW design, who is still designing WOW based on 2004?
07/29/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Rowly

Making it a 3.5 speed actually made it worse than its counterparts for all classes but Death Knights. The other weapons don't suffer the same penalty, why discriminate against 2-handed melee classes?

This isn't even delving into the matter that is your (Blizzard Representatives) response time on this subject. You took over a month to come up with a one-liner of an explanation, meanwhile hundreds, possibly thousands of players are paying in gold & time for what is actually a dps downgrade for them.
You punished those looking to squeeze the best out of their character.

Bravo, f***ing bravo.

They need to delete the game because this expansion just shows they don't give a damn about the quality of the game anymore. How many oops can you get away with till you burst the bubble.
Just make it 3.70 Speed and be done with it. We are the players, without us you wouldn't have jobs. Do as we say and all will be happy and well again.
reasons like this that makes my argument a fact. 'players waiting for a wow game killer'. no game will kill it, but what will? the devs. blizzard will destroy this game, not another mmo. i joined in on cata, and thus far, it feels no different then any game i have played in the past. they dont increase dailies, it sucks to be us, and this is one of the reasons i was grinding dailies to craft this weapon. i first thought it was a player upset about things, then i read on, and the answer the blue gave, reminded me of washington, they cannot answer a question, they twist it around. so instead of turning in my marks which are at 120 for the armenats, gonna turn them in at the moonwell. whos to say the other new crafted gear and weapons are correct? besides firelands, gonna go back on arch and go for a sword that dont have an error, and hope a fireland boss drops a 2-h. no need to put in a ticket, 1. they dont respond, and 2. it is my fault never blizzards.
I normally try not to complain, but I must say that this is one of those areas I have to give a big thumbs down. It was a dersiable sword at 3.8. Now I'm not sure who's really going to want it, unless they are a pure non-raider.

Granted I made the swords to sell, so it doesn't effect me directly, but it's pretty hard to understand why it took you guys so long realize that it was "too good". You guys say you have a test team and everything is evaluated..etc..etc. post-changes like these screws a fair number of people. Why now just swallow the bitter pill yourselves instead of asking everyone else too ? Raid weapons were better, I can't imagine any real raiders complaining about the crafted weapon being "too good".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiAvHPPc8M8&feature=related
really if your going to nerf this thing then nerf the mats needed to make it too. here I was looking forward to making two of these for my warrior. good job blizz your stupidity has struck again.
The reason for this confusion stemmed from a quirk in the way item hotfixes have to be applied, unfortunately. We hope to have the item's data completely corrected soon so others are not caught off guard by what the tooltip currently states.

Yes, obviously Blizzard needs to fix the tooltip on the pattern and the item if they're not going to just make it 3.80 like it ought to be. But, I think the real question ought to be:

Why isn't it 3.80 anyway?

At 3.80 speed, the weapon was over-performing relative to its cost and the ease with which it can be obtained.

Somewhat related, can you fix the eternal embers to have a consistent item quality? It's literally changing every other day for me and half the people in my guild see it as blue while the other half see it as purple. It's not really causing a problem, it's just silly.
The reason for this confusion stemmed from a quirk in the way item hotfixes have to be applied, unfortunately. We hope to have the item's data completely corrected soon so others are not caught off guard by what the tooltip currently states.

At 3.80 speed, the weapon was over-performing relative to its cost and the ease with which it can be obtained.

Somewhat related, can you fix the eternal embers to have a consistent item quality? It's literally changing every other day for me and half the people in my guild see it as blue while the other half see it as purple. It's not really causing a problem, it's just silly.

Id like them to fix the tabbing bug too
This change was posted on Wowhead the minute 4.2 came out.

If you're a frost DK or fury warrior, you could have done your research and went with 2x Elementium-Edged Scalper then you'd be good to go like I did with my alt. As for the ret pallies, sucks to be you. =/

Then again, Shannox is ridiculously puggable on 10m normal and drops a 378 2hander.
Blizz dont give a !@#$ anymore people. They keep saying they do, but they keep messing things up and letting them go for weeks and or months on end without a word. That to me shows how much they care about this game and us as customers. This will be my last month with this game, I for one will not be taken for granted for anymore.

Tbh i dont think the blues even know what they are talking about half the time.

Ghostcrawlers mage started loosing a few fights in BGs so they had to nerf it down.

OHHHH BURNNNNN!!

This change was posted on Wowhead the minute 4.2 came out... you could have done your research...

Are you really suggesting that before someone does anything in World of Warcraft that they should go to wowhead and do research first?
07/29/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Daleus
I normally try not to complain, but I must say that this is one of those areas I have to give a big thumbs down. It was a dersiable sword at 3.8. Now I'm not sure who's really going to want it, unless they are a pure non-raider.

I'm a pure non-raider, and I don't even want it. It's too expensive in mats and gold for what it is as compared to the Blade of the Fearless that I already had. I've put in a ticket to have my gold and mats restored and the weapon taken out of my inventory.

If you're a frost DK or fury warrior, you could have done your research and went with 2x Elementium-Edged Scalper then you'd be good to go like I did with my alt. As for the ret pallies, sucks to be you. =/

Then again, Shannox is ridiculously puggable on 10m normal and drops a 378 2hander.

So the 9 million players who don't go to outside websites to get info should now have to go to a second hand source to get the correct info. Then when they start doing that and start reading all the test and data mining and say something about it people will tell them not to believe what they read on those sites.

How dare we read the tooltips in game. We should rely on third party sites instead. *facepalm*