Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Wow...that really sucks. I paid substantial coin for the sword and enchantment.

They aren't going to refund us (how can they, since what people paid will vary so much?), so they really need to hotfix it to 3.8. It's patently unfair to advertise it as 3.8 and then secretly hotfix it to be worse than what most of us already had, without changing the tooltip.
If Blizzard didn't know about this problem, then they are incompetent.

If Blizzard wants to fix this but won't do it right now, then they are lazy.

If Blizzard won't fix this, then they are evil.

Either way, why do we still pay for this?
07/23/2011 06:43 PMPosted by Eithris
thank you for the warning. just unlocked the vendor for the recipe on my 3 toons yesterday, thank god i haven't made one or bought one yet. i'll stick with akirus for now.

Np, glad I could help. That's the point of this thread, to try to raise awareness. It's really not fair to those who are spending all this time/effort/gold to get what they think is a 3.8 weap.
I've pointed this issue out to many players who are looking to either outright buy it or farm the mats for it. While the model itself is atrocious, the one thing it had going for it was a hefty swing speed and now that that is even wrong, there is really no redeeming qualities to this blade.

As per usual, Blizzard will likely provide us with the same copy/paste 'oops' message that they should have communicated this better and expect the community to just roll over and accept it.

That is, if they even decide to acknowledge it at all...
can't believe they haven't responded to this yet.

either with a confirmation that the 3.5 is correct, in which case a LOT of ppl will be wanting their mats back... or just hotfix the darn thing to 3.8.

how long does it take to do this?

From reading through other threads/WowHead, 3.5 is the intended speed, they need to roll out a client side patch to correct the tooltip which would be done in 2 weeks and they are refusing to refund the mats to people who crafted this or offer any kind of compensation.

So really, buyers beware.
It's generally making me reconsider buying... OTHER things from blizzard in the future...
Community service bump. Tryin to help people see what they're really going to get out of their time and effort (and money) for this item.
The stats are still sessy to me, I just wish they would re-skin the thing....that, and the tank sword. They're ugly, and even though aside from the speed, it may have better stats than the non heroic sword that drops from Nefarion, People would be more inclined to use Ashkandi simply because it looks better. And my tank-adin alt will continue to use that Troll tank sword, because I refuse to spend the gold or my mats on such an ugly hunk of caveman stone.

Speed's a lie, the icon's a lie. Sword looks nothing like the icon.....the entire sword's a lie!
07/24/2011 01:02 PMPosted by Féria
Speed's a lie, the icon's a lie. Sword looks nothing like the icon.....the entire sword's a lie!
Itemization in 4.2 is really out of whack.
3.5 isnt that much worse than the standard 3.6. its still better than akirus and probably not much worse possibly as good as ashkandi
07/24/2011 09:24 PMPosted by Firesheart
3.5 isnt that much worse than the standard 3.6. its still better than akirus and probably not much worse possibly as good as ashkandi

Depends on what class you are. Warriors will avoid it, and its probably not worth the cost over using Akirus the Worm-Breaker. It's def worse than Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood and Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking.
07/24/2011 09:32 PMPosted by Sayuri

Depends on what class you are. Warriors will avoid it, and its probably not worth the cost over using Akirus the Worm-Breaker. It's def worse than Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood and Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking.

i wouldnt bother paying the 15k or whatever if i had a 359 weapon either. and at 3.8 it wouldnt be better than ashkandi or shalug for some specs of warrior if its not better at 3.5 because even at 3.5 it does more dps and has like 80 extra stats. so it really comes down to can you use haste/mastery. for like a ret paladin or dk its better than 359s
Jesus, still no response on this.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.
Another person helped; successful thread is successful.
Here's to looking out for the monday morning crew.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

You know you shouldn't expect a response on sunday night... because there is NO ONE in the office.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

You know you shouldn't expect a response on sunday night... because there is NO ONE in the office.

It's been almost two weeks.

Just sayin'
It's the top end damage they are most concerned about. It's almost 1K lower than the tool tip shows it as.

07/21/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Darckshade
I could be off but wouldn't 3.5 speed be better than 3.80. You would swing faster. Is that not a good thing. Not trolling i am really curious.