Destro Lock and Haste

Warlock
Post Limit:
Well, I hitted the 30% soft cap, and now i wonder, should I keep stacking Haste, even if there is no way I will hit the next step on this tier, or now focus on crit?
It's my understanding, and have seen someone post about sims backing this up, that after you hit the haste threshold it becomes your worst stat until you're able to hit the next threshold. Meaning that crit > haste would now be the case.
Thnxs, I imagine that, but I wanted to know, cause haste still reduce cast time.

again, thnxs.
softcap should be around 25% with DI so in raid you have 30% with haste buff given the extra tick for immo. this makes conflag hit much harder. you should have a 1.79-1.8 cast time with no buffs but DI from incen. to give an idea where u are.
07/28/2011 12:12 PMPosted by Loktronotron
It's my understanding, and have seen someone post about sims backing this up, that after you hit the haste threshold it becomes your worst stat until you're able to hit the next threshold. Meaning that crit > haste would now be the case.

Couple times you have said this. Its just not right.

Edit: I was over zealous with my answer.

The real answer is it depends on which haste level you can hit. If you can hit the 30% haste mark, I would sim to find out. You may also want to hit the Hero extra-tick level.
well, im a little over 30% haste raid buffed.

But I could strech it a little, to be just at 30% and get some extra crit, and also, as much as my gear will improve, I could assign way more to crit if haste is no longer important until the next immo tick.

07/28/2011 12:26 PMPosted by Kurby

Haste never becomes your worst stat as destruction or affliction. You should always itemize for haste at any currently attainable gear level. Not only does it reduce the cast time of your filler but it also decreases the time between the ticks of your dots.

This is the rule of thumb but it may change at certain points. You would have to sim exactly to find out but its easy enough to just stack haste.

Wait, so you are saying that I still should be stacking Haste, even if im far away from another tick?
07/28/2011 12:26 PMPosted by Kurby

Haste never becomes your worst stat as destruction or affliction. You should always itemize for haste at any currently attainable gear level. Not only does it reduce the cast time of your filler but it also decreases the time between the ticks of your dots.

This is the rule of thumb but it may change at certain points. You would have to sim exactly to find out but its easy enough to just stack haste.
If you've simmed it then show it. Because what I'm saying, and repeating, is someone who simmed this and said that haste became worse than crit after hitting a threshold. The decrease of time between dot ticks doesn't help unless you're gaining a new tick on the end, so the only thing haste does is increase your cast speed. Sim it and figure out if faster cast speed > crit and let me know what you get.

07/28/2011 12:31 PMPosted by Loktronotron
If you've simmed it then show it. Because what I'm saying, and repeating, is someone who simmed this and said that haste became worse than crit after hitting a threshold. The decrease of time between dot ticks doesn't help unless you're gaining a new tick on the end, so the only thing haste does is increase your cast speed. Sim it and figure out if faster cast speed > crit and let me know what you get.

Check EJ. You should at least stack haste till ike 2600ish(this is the third threshold) before you think about going to crit.

Haste still decreases time between ticks. That is still quite useful. Faster ticks = faster damage = damage in less time = more dps.
Check EJ. You should at least stack haste till ike 2600ish(this is the third threshold) before you think about going to crit.

Haste still decreases time between ticks. That is still quite useful. Faster ticks = faster damage = damage in less time = more dps.

Well, thats what Im asking, If I have 2600ish haste, should I start stacking crit, or I continue with haste?
This is a post from EJ:

Haste is better until 2589, and in most cases also 2681, at this point immolate gains an extra tick during heroism. After that, it's value drops rapidly until 4505 where immolate gets another tick during hero or 4951, where it gets it permanently. Try to get around 2600-2700 haste and use the plot function in simcraft, it'll be very clear where haste is a bigger dps gain and when it isn't,
Awesome, so 2681 its my goal for this tier, thnxs a lot for your help man.
As soon as haste started adding extra ticks people seemed to become all kinds of stupid and forget that for 90% of wrath it was a brilliant stat that only decreased your cast times.

News flash. There.Is.No.Haste.Soft.Cap.

The thresholds are a completely different concept to a soft cap.