Easiest way to get a really cool mount.

New Player Help and Guides
So I have been chilling on my Winged Gaurdian, Bronze Drake, and Celestial Steed etc. But I am really interested in getting a REALLY cool mount, something to stand out with, and doing it as swift and painlessly as possible. Any suggestions on how to do it?

Some of my ideas have been
- Doing OS 10 and 25 with a small group of guildies and hope I roll well.
- Doing the Glory to the Uldaur Raider achieves or the other raid and dungeon achieves to get a mount.
- It seems like if you want to get a mount to stand out with, you have to put alot of time and effort, or get a really lucky drop and good rolls.

Also what about those Netherwing Drakes? Does getting the rep in order to obtain them and the questline a pain?

Just looking for a little help thanks :)
This is based entirely on your own opinion. We don't know what you think is cool or what you're capable of obtaining. It's your mount. Pick one and go for it.

Use the new Mounts/Companions section on the Armory if you need ideas.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Alb%C3%A8rt/mount
I haven't gotten any of the "cool" mounts yet... the only one I have that was a (almost) pain was the Bronze Drake... but thats because I soloed Heroic Culling of Stratholme for it LOL. Its a guaranteed drop, so its not even that rare / spectacular... :(

BUT, it IS easy.

Edit - If you want a really rare mount... go get the Magic Rooster from the Trading Card Game LOL.
Thanks for the help!
The link that Icedragon gave was really helpful.
07/27/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Albèrt
- It seems like if you want to get a mount to stand out with, you have to put alot of time and effort, or get a really lucky drop and good rolls.

Yes.

This required effort in itself makes the mount rare.
Which in turn makes it desirable, so you can stand out. :)
Not all mounts that require a lot of effort are the "cool" ones. Sometimes just a lot of extra money will get you cool mounts and items in game. The WoW Trading Card Game has loot cards which can yield you some pretty awesome rewards, but again, instead of the time investment, it's a money investment.
The venomhide/wintercub mounts are very easy and venomhide even gives you a Feat of Strength achievement (not sure about wintercub). But they take 20 days of daily quests, so they're "rare" to the extent that fewer people have gone to the trouble. Also they don't fly.
Roll a warlock?
Reins of the Albino Drake for collecting 100 mounts
and
Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake - Butt ugly yet tells the world you're either very determined or very lucky.
Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake - Butt ugly yet tells the world you're either very determined or very lucky.

I have YET to see that SoB flying around... >.>
OR Aeonaxx in Deepholm. I would love to have either...
Reins of the Albino Drake for collecting 100 mounts
No, you get the drake for 50 mounts. You get the dragonhawk for 100 mounts.
I'd say another good route is doing ICC achievements, those ones are pretty cool looking. Just need to make sure the group you're with knows what they're doing.

The ones I'm most interested in are the super rare ones though, granted I don't put forth much effort in trying to obtain them. I was going through TK trash to solo Kael once while in a raid group, but I had to go before I even pulled him, that trash took forever not to mention once I would get to Kael that would take a little bit too with the maneuvering around the area as well.
Mimiron head or bust.
If you get a group that knows what it's doing, it's very very easy to go back to Ulduar for the Rusted or Ironbound Proto-Drake. It looks impressive, and I don't see too many of them nowadays. The only downside is that it's no longer anything like the status symbol it once was.
07/08/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Livetokill
I would honestly say that the talbuk mount from the maghar is the coolest non flying mount but as for your question on the netherwing it takes about 10days to get from friendly to exalted and its simply it starts in the crystals next to sanctum of the stars in shadowmoon valley

After a year, I doubt the OP is STILL looking for advice on how to get more mounts and/or is still paying attention to this thread.

Please check timestamps next time, as drudging up old and dead threads that have been buried under pages of other old and dead threads is called "necroing" and it is against the rules of this forum.

Necroing only servers to bring old and outdated info back to the front of the forums, and pushes current threads that may still need answers off of the front page.