Tab Target

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 17 Next
I guess I expect people to be nasty or angry...

I just want to say that the communication despite the vitriol you might recieve, Z, is very much appreciated. It's just good customer service, plain and simple.

The bug is aggravating as hell, and any news about the progress of resolution is welcome.
It would appear that he doesn't care whether or not you are not paying for another month of the game. I wonder how he would feel if over a million players did this.

There are some really cynical people on this forum. The player to which I responded stated a date for when he expects this issue to be fixed. I publicly made a note of that deadline. Was his feedback stated in a constructive way? No, but that doesn't mean my response must be interpreted as sarcastic. I'm actually surprised by the amount of drama that's spawned from a one-word post of mine. People are reading words in blue through so many lenses of preconceived notions, feelings, and sensibilities.

There was additional meaning implied in my post, but not the meaning you think.

It was clearly obvious that it was indeed sarcastic.
We do have a fix for this ready, however, it will require a client-side patch to address. We're in the process of building a small patch to fix this and a few other issues which also need client updates. You're likely to see what we call a fast patch in the near future (a la patch 4.1.0A in recent past: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-1-0a).

Sorry, it's been a while since we've communicated anything about this. Our team has been very busy lately working on a lot of cool things, as well as finalizing plans for BlizzCon, but we're trying to keep our eyes on the forums as much as possible in the process. :)

Woo! I knew the devs would come through on this. =^_^= And Zarhym, just want you to know, however grumbly and confrontational I might seem on the Unheeded Warning nerf threads, I do hold a lot of respect for you guys, all of you--even when I question or complain about your decisions.
We do have a fix for this ready, however, it will require a client-side patch to address. We're in the process of building a small patch to fix this and a few other issues which also need client updates. You're likely to see what we call a fast patch in the near future (a la patch 4.1.0A in recent past: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-1-0a).

Sorry, it's been a while since we've communicated anything about this. Our team has been very busy lately working on a lot of cool things, as well as finalizing plans for BlizzCon, but we're trying to keep our eyes on the forums as much as possible in the process. :)

TY. I hope it gets fixed soon in regards to targeting mobs that are not the one directly in front of the player & targeting dead mobs.
08/05/2011 11:50 AMPosted by Zarhym

I'm banking on a small patch by Tuesday.

This fix is a long time coming. I'm so tired of hearing 'press your Tab key' that I created a Macro'd response. >:P
I believe this fix should also make it so gnomes are no longer targetable by enemy players. At all.
08/05/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Praymobil
Try clicking?

O.O

First Commandment/Rule/Lesson of WoW -- Thou shalt not click.

That is all.
Point your camera in the direction.... tl;dw

There are some really cynical people on this forum. The player to which I responded stated a date for when he expects this issue to be fixed. I publicly made a note of that deadline. Was his feedback stated in a constructive way? No, but that doesn't mean my response must be interpreted as sarcastic. I'm actually surprised by the amount of drama that's spawned from a one-word post of mine. People are reading words in blue through so many lenses of preconceived notions, feelings, and sensibilities.

... I guess I'll spell this one out.

It was more of a hint at our estimated timeline for releasing such a thing.
08/05/2011 11:50 AMPosted by Zarhym
There are some really cynical people on this forum.

I'm always amazed at Blizzard's ability to maintain cogent responses despite such theatrical "the sky is falling" retorts.

I speak for all the sane people when I say, keep up the good customer service!
08/05/2011 10:47 AMPosted by Mishann

Noted.
It would appear that he doesn't care whether or not you are not paying for another month of the game. I wonder how he would feel if over a million players did this.

Nearly a million players already have. 900,000 thus far.
As you can see...the amount of care hasn't changed. So a million more..nah. Won't bother em.
Subtlety is lost on this board Zarhym. I didn't read it as sarcastic but I can see how it could be taken as such.

Why is it that people always assume "they know" what someone other than themselves is thinking? Really?

Zarhym busts his skull open while working on most issues that we, as players, have and answers, or at least passes on our complaints to those that can fix it, and you repay him by assuming you know what he thinks. Ah, you've much to learn.
Here's what I don't get: People are complaining about the lack of communication on these forums -- specifically regarding this issue. Did you guys miss the blue post in early July that stated that they were working on this very issue?

I'd say that the issue has been communicated with the players perfectly fine. If you're not willing to actually read the blue posts, you probably shouldn't accuse the blues of not communicating.
08/04/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
We do have a fix for this

08/05/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Zarhym

Would you mind spelling out the exact issue that is being resolved? =/ There was some ambiguity in the way that the OP was worded, and I don't see a defined "We're fixing the bug where you're forced to re-target after targeting and attempting to use an ability, sometimes causing abilities to attempt to be used on dead targets" or "We're changing the way the target nearest/next enemy function works and have changed the way it cycles through targets."

I would hope it's the former, and expect it's the former based on your replies, but I thought I'd be sure so we don't see more of the "Tab target has been broken for 5 years now zomg" posts. But I won't gnaw on your skull if you can't answer that specifically just yet, I can wait for patch notes.
08/04/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
You're likely to see what we call a fast patch in the near future (a la patch 4.1.0A in recent past: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-1-0a).

I hope this means the checkered/cubes and green textures issue for people without expansions will be fixed if you're putting out a bug-fix patch, but since it's been around much longer than the tab targeting bug (patch 4.0!), I worry that nothing short of a whole new expansion will be required to fix it.

(Bug report thread is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743691153 )
Thank you, Bliz, for working on it and for communicating about it.

It was more of a hint at our estimated timeline for releasing such a thing.

Many around here are not known for their grasp of subtlety. Thanks for the heads-up on this though, tanking was ever so frustrating when trying to whack dead mobs.
If ctrl-tab would stop targeting totems AND SNAKES FOR GOD'S SAKE that would be awesome. Or, actually, it would be less suck.

Seriously who would ever under any circumstances want to target a friendly totem or a friendly snake from a trap.
You forgot vanity pets tab targeting targets some of them to